Bouk’s sophomore year the most anticipated season from a Uconn player since....? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bouk’s sophomore year the most anticipated season from a Uconn player since....?

Reaction Score
The 2016-17 team was a preseason top 20 team. Coming off a 25 win season.
Jaylen Adams was back ,we had the best recruiting class since Big East Days. Plus a former 4 or 5 star recruit transferring in.
Add that to a solid front line in Brimah and Facey.
Seriously if you follow this board this coming years expectations is real low keyed given the exceptional talent level. especially compared to expectations back then. A few bad seasons has brought us back into reality.
I would agree The 2011-12 team probably was the biggest disappointment in my 65 years as a fan.
You had Drummond, Boatright and DD added to a cast that included , Bazz, Oreoki , Smith , Giffey , Olander , and Lamb. Three first round picks and 3 second round picks.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Caron's last season. Thought we had a shot at a title.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Have we ever had as dynamic a wing lineup as we will have next year? We could be in for a lot of highlights with Bouk and Jackson next year.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The 2016-17 team was a preseason top 20 team. Coming off a 25 win season.
Jaylen Adams was back ,we had the best recruiting class since Big East Days. Plus a former 4 or 5 star recruit transferring in.
Add that to a solid front line in Brimah and Facey.
Seriously if you follow this board this coming years expectations is real low keyed given the exceptional talent level. especially compared to expectations back then. A few bad seasons has brought us back into reality.
I would agree The 2011-12 team probably was the biggest disappointment in my 65 years as a fan.
You had Drummond, Boatright and DD added to a cast that included , Bazz, Oreoki , Smith , Giffey , Olander , and Lamb. Three first round picks and 3 second round picks.

Teams like this do make me a little cautious about the upcoming season. Usually we find a lot of success with rosters with tighter rotations and defined roles. I’m hoping some of the injured guys take their time coming back and Martin can redshirt to make it easy on Dan to decide who to give minutes too.

Reaction Score
Shabazz-Senior season
Hamilton-Freshman season
Purvis-Sophmore season
Adams-Freshman season
Larrier-Sophmore season
Gilbert-Freshman season

I'd say these are just as hyped, but mostly because of the unknown, besides Shabazz. Based on some of the things people have said about Jackson, I was tempted to put him on that list.
Corny Thompson's freshman year.......first team Parade All American.......when he announced for UConn over North Carolina and Virginia, people went crazy. Mike McKay jumping on the bandwagon just added to it, and they made a difference. Went from 11-15 the year before to 21-8 in 78.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom