Bouk’s sophomore year the most anticipated season from a Uconn player since....? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bouk’s sophomore year the most anticipated season from a Uconn player since....?

Reaction Score
echo lamb’s sophomore season as the comp from an expectations standpoint. Hope Bouk is better.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm actually anticipating Jackson's season more than Bouk's. Bouk's should be great for sure, but Jackson has a chance to be the best freshman since end of the year Lamb.

What I’m anticipating mostly is both of them, plus Cole. Sanogo too. Bouk often saw things that nobody else on the team saw. It limited him. He’d give up the ball, do something and expect it back and instead it was being passed the other way.

I expect Jackson and Bouk to have a telepathic connection, and hopefully Cole too. I think Jackson is going to pile up assists by seeing what Bouk is doing. Not sure Bouk won’t be a top ten player in the country next year. He does need to focus on defense.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
The Ferrari sitting in the garage.
Before that, Drummond.

Drummond's high school highlight video reminded me of Dwight Howard and Purvis was a McDonald's All-American before NC State. Both were good, but neither really lived up to the hype they had coming in which is why I tend to temper my expectations for newcomers, especially big men, until they have a few games against Division I players.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Scoring will come easily... Bouk needs to focus more on defense. With his length and athleticism he should be a nightmare on-ball defender, when in actuality he's almost a liability on that end compared to the rest of the team.

This is a really good point. I don't know why the BY has this propensity for placing "sky is the limit" type pressure on young talented players. What is wonderful this coming year is the talent all around is abundant and they have to get their feet wet together because it is a team game. We have the coaching. Let's hope they are all motivated and the rest will play out in time. The opponents fear levels will rise to the extent that they jell as a team. They have formidable talent already. Just need to work on weaknesses (especially defense) and adapting to college level team ball vs. everyone being the main man (hero ball) as in HS. I can't remember being this excited in a long time and they are for the most part very young. Awesome!!

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
For me, it was Mek's sophomore and junior seasons.

And Caron's Junior season that never happened. I was SOOOOO ready for a championship the next year... until Caron had that tearful post season press conference.

Got to admit, this year, I've been looking forward to Jackson's first, almost as much as bouk's 2nd season.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Seriously. Nobody was this hyped up about any of those KO guys.

When I saw the thread title my first thought was Drummond.
Are you serious? The Ferrari? Adams and Gilbert were gonna be the "next great UConn point guards." Hamilton committed when he was a top 5 recruit in his class, with brothers playing in the NBA, and people saying he was much better than them. Larrier was debatable, but he was getting NBA hype before his first season(he was on mock drafts too). Blasphemy.

Reaction Score
for sophomore, yeah prolly lamb

but i’m pretty sure uconn never had a consensus #1 hs player (yeah, i know anthony davis was 1 but andre reclassified ) so anticipation for sure. and of course predictable results with big time prospects like andre

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In jalens defense he had to force the offense most nights because of the team around him and the offense the coach ran.
I agree with that. Not disrespecting Jalen, just don’t want to see everything on BK

Reaction Score
Are you serious? The Ferrari? Adams and Gilbert were gonna be the "next great UConn point guards." Hamilton committed when he was a top 5 recruit in his class, with brothers playing in the NBA, and people saying he was much better than them. Larrier was debatable, but he was getting NBA hype before his first season(he was on mock drafts too). Blasphemy.
No man what’s blasphemous is you trying to force more legitimacy out of the KO era than there actually was. IMO there was the Natty and pretty much everything else

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Did people expect Dre to really come back? Lamb is best bet in recent memory right?
No one expected him to come back, that’s why we were looking forward to his one season as a freshman on a stacked team.

Reaction Score
By this board? Probably someone from the KO era - Hamilton maybe?

But by the national media? Probably Lamb.

Reaction Score
For me it's Drummond. He was our last lottery pick (along with Lamb the same season) and Bouk will be the one to break that streak.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
No man what’s blasphemous is you trying to force more legitimacy out of the KO era than there actually was. IMO there was the Natty and pretty much everything else
What does any of this have to do with him? I don't even like him.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
CV last year
And he came through

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
When Drummond committed we all thought we were Final Four locks. I’d say his freshman season had more hype than anyone I can remember, a lot more than Bouk’s sophomore season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom