Bouk’s sophomore year the most anticipated season from a Uconn player since....? | The Boneyard

Bouk’s sophomore year the most anticipated season from a Uconn player since....?

Reaction Score
Did people expect Dre to really come back? Lamb is best bet in recent memory right?

Reaction Score
Good question, I would probably agree with Drummond. That 2011-12 season was really anticipated in general with many people thinking we had a chance to make another Final Four run coming off that Championship. The team expectations are not at that level for next year, but for Bouknight, he really has a chance to be right up there with the greats if he has a breakout season like people are expecting.

Reaction Score
I hope the expectations and pressure doesn’t get to him. Everybody is heaping a big load on this kid’s back as a sophomore and he’s going to get a lot of attention on D without CV.

Reaction Score
You could tell towards the end of last season Bouk himself knew, that he could take over the game single handedly (not to say he was not playing team ball) but would transcend all the players around him and take his team to the next level. Most importantly I think he has developed that killer edge/grit that we have lacked the last few seasons , the true lack of respect for the rim and the all around mental focus for us to really hit that final gear when need be. I cannot wait to see how Bouk and obviously the team gel this season when they know what grand prizes are ahead of them.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Shabazz-Senior season
Hamilton-Freshman season
Purvis-Sophmore season
Adams-Freshman season
Larrier-Sophmore season
Gilbert-Freshman season

I'd say these are just as hyped, but mostly because of the unknown, besides Shabazz. Based on some of the things people have said about Jackson, I was tempted to put him on that list.

Reaction Score
I was certain that drummond was coming back . He shot 29 percent from the free throw line just seemed like he needed another year , i was wrong.

Reaction Score
Shabazz-Senior season
Hamilton-Freshman season
Purvis-Sophmore season
Adams-Freshman season
Larrier-Sophmore season
Gilbert-Freshman season

I'd say these are just as hyped, but mostly because of the unknown, besides Shabazz. Based on some of the things people have said about Jackson, I was tempted to put him on that list.
Solidly 0 for 6

Reaction Score
Shabazz-Senior season
Hamilton-Freshman season
Purvis-Sophmore season
Adams-Freshman season
Larrier-Sophmore season
Gilbert-Freshman season

Larrier - wow. Forgot about him already. He was such a disappointment

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm actually anticipating Jackson's season more than Bouk's. Bouk's should be great for sure, but Jackson has a chance to be the best freshman since end of the year Lamb.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
The high expectations are justified and I don't think any "sophomore slump" will impact Bouk for long stretches. He's too talented and his game is too diverse. It felt like he already had a "slump" early conference play last year before adapting to the college game, realizing how good he is, and scoring at all levels.

Hurley should continue to draw up lob plays for him, and his offensive rebounding instincts are off-the-charts... both of those facets alone should easily keep his scoring in double figures nightly, even if he's not shooting well.

As someone else said there's more scoring options next year so we shouldn't need him to go for 25 every night even though he's capable of it. He should have better distribution this year as he and Gaff continue to build on their already strong rapport. Add in Cole and Jackson (who can drop dimes) and Bouk should see better looks, especially from 3 where he has tremendous room for growth.

19-21 ppg feels right and would not surprise me.

Scoring will come easily... Bouk needs to focus more on defense. With his length and athleticism he should be a nightmare on-ball defender, when in actuality he's almost a liability on that end compared to the rest of the team.

Regardless, you can count on some idiot posters here blasting him after a poor shooting performance.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He's gonna be tough to double, we'll have a lot more options next season than this past one.
Yup. He just has to resist Jalen mode where he feels compelled to force his offense. He has to use the weapons available on the court. I expect early season pressure on him to keep the ball out of his hands and make the rest prove they can gel and score effectively. If Hurley can keep the end season spacing and player flows (vs. iso ball and shuffle around), they will be killing the opposition.

Reaction Score
Yup. He just has to resist Jalen mode where he feels compelled to force his offense. He has to use the weapons available on the court. I expect early season pressure on him to keep the ball out of his hands and make the rest prove they can gel and score effectively. If Hurley can keep the end season spacing and player flows (vs. iso ball and shuffle around), they will be killing the opposition.
In jalens defense he had to force the offense most nights because of the team around him and the offense the coach ran.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom