Boston to South Carolina | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boston to South Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Our run is not over. We missed on one good recruit. For whatever reason(s), she did not want to play for Geno. Period.

Look, if kids no longer want to play for Geno, so be it. Geno is not going to change, and he should not change. Period.
If u want to compete for national titles yes u need to change!!! 10 player roster next year with a starting 5 of who? Really people come on.. one post player?? Olivia ... people need to face reality .. UCONN is one injury away this season for disaster next year just forget it... Haley Jones is 100% not going to UCONN!!! South Carolina or Stanford!! My guess South Carolina will land jones!!!!

Reaction Score
I'd say you're being a bit over the top.....as I just said, if Jones signs they'll be fine...without her they'll be a good team with a short bench next year.....the key is the 2020 class...if UConn can't bring in a premier point guard and big forward then I'd say there's a real issue...

But the consensus was Boston was a more important recruit than Jones for this team . So now thats changed ?

Reaction Score
If u want to compete for national titles yes u need to change!!! 10 player roster next year with a starting 5 of who? Really people come on.. one post player?? Olivia ... people need to face reality .. UCONN is one injury away this season for disaster next year just forget it... Haley Jones is 100% not going to UCONN!!! South Carolina or Stanford!! My guess South Carolina will land jones!!!!

You sound like me plus a mixture of coke and steroids.....................:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
But the consensus was Boston was a more important recruit than Jones for this team . So now thats changed ?

UConn's needs are great.................Jones can play four of the five positions on the floor............she can score and she can defend.............Boston would have brought a great inside presence on both ends of the floor............pick your poison...............

Reaction Score
UConn's needs are great.......Jones can play four of the five positions on the floor..she can score and she can defend...Boston would have brought a great inside presence on both ends of the floor..pick your poison.....

What if Jones doesn't pick UCONN ? Then.......................

Reaction Score
Wow, disappointed that she will not be attending UConn. ...Good luck to her and hope she considers UConn if she decides later on that she'd like to be closer to her relatives in MA.

Reaction Score
Coaching the USA team is an advantage.

didn't seem to matter to Jordan Horston or the vast majority of top recruits..............Amihere may care the most because she can report back to her Canadian teammates............

Reaction Score
Whoa.....UConn is really lagging on the recruiting this year it seems. Not good news for Miss. St. either.
Agree, SC will be real tough in the future. Their weakness relative to MSST is post. Appears that will not be the case in future. I thought she was UCONN based upon all the talk not only from this board but other sport writers.

Reaction Score
Doesn’t matter we all need to be real here the biggest lost in UCONN recruiting!!! The setting is Boston and her team still going to watch the UCONN team play? How about Boston show up in South Carolina gear and really rub it in genos face!!! Clearly something happened or turned Boston away from UCONN it genos demands are sadly pushing elite talent away!! People who
Thinks we will be fine and move on are delusional this is huge I mean huge loss!!! It’s lije Tennessee losing maya moore same thing.. huge huge huge loss!!!!

Yeah i agree the setting thing now looks way blown out of proportion. Because UCONN played on Bostons home turf that made her a for sure thing or possibly her using all her visits and coming to games to see that she doesn't want to play near home ?

Reaction Score
I got killed for my post that this maybe Geno’s last season. I believe Boston saw the chances of being slim Geno maybe around her entire 4 years, if at all.

He is simply trying to hand something over to the next head coach (probably Shea Ralph).

This is all speculation. I think it’s important to just state the obvious as I don’t think you can ridicule Geno’s tough love philosophy. He’s the greatest coach for one of the greatest brands in sports, it’s not that tough of a decision especially when playing time is up for grabs. I think there’s something bigger going on here.

Reaction Score
Listen as I’ve posted about Boston, if we lose out on her no sweat!!! I’m actually glad she’s not coming, no sour grapes just not excited about her nor buying all the hype.
I trust Geno, it a kid doesn’t want to come here then so be it. I wish her all the luck and health. Geno clearly recruited her hard, she was behind our bench many times. It’s not Genos fault, she just wanted to go elsewhere.
All good! I’m actually happy.
I hope most fans are not to to dissapointed. Listen to Justine’s guy here. .

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
I wish the young lady well.

I would have been a lot happier if she were playing for UConn next year, but it is her choice and her future.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Where are all the posters that GUARANTEED Boston? She was a "lock". "can't miss", "100% going to UConn", "writing is on the wall", "Geno would have recruited somebody else", etc? UConn will NOT get a single player of Horston, Boston, Jones, Bueckers, or Fudd. just like I predicted. Just got the school wrong. Most kids do NOT want to play for a disciplinarian head coach like Auriemma these days!

I’m right here. I’m hurt though. That limb I went out on this morning broke, and I had nothing to break my fall, but I’ll be ok. I sure didn’t see this coming. I WAS WRONG!!! I’m eating a large portion of humble pie with a glass of sparkling crow to wash it down as I write. :confused:

To be clear, I never claimed to have any inside information. My guarantee was based on 50% guessing and 50% hoping. All the information I have on Boston I acquired here in the yard.

I guessed wrong and hoped in vain. I’m stepping back into the shadows now until the numbness and the memory of this loss goes away. Happy thanksgiving to you all. Good night everyone.
:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Listen as I’ve posted about Boston, if we lose out on her no sweat!!! I’m actually glad she’s not coming, no sour grapes just not excited about her nor buying all the hype.
I trust Geno, it a kid doesn’t want to come here then so be it. I wish her all the luck and health. Geno clearly recruited her hard, she was behind our bench many times. It’s not Genos fault, she just wanted to go elsewhere.
All good! I’m actually happy.
I hope most fans are not to to dissapointed. Listen to Justine’s guy here. .

I feel 100 times better already!!!..............:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Oh well. Pretty crazy to lose a top recruit literally in your own backyard though. I mean this is like ND losing Diggins or South Carolina losing Wilson.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just got home. I really thought we had her. This hurts a lot. :(:(:(

I am going to try and stay in the moment and enjoy this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics