Boston Thursday Roll Call | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Boston Thursday Roll Call

Reaction Score
It's only .2 miles. That's walking distance. Maybe 2 blocks.
Ya it’s about a five minute walk from govt center to the garden. Last minute working out a walk for my dog (his name is Kemba) otherwise I head home first. Planning that out before tonight so I could just walk a few blocks would have made too much sense!

Agree with a lot of the other pregame suggestions already posted. If people want food and drinks I’d second Ducali’s, the hill tavern, or night shift lovejoy, and if just looking for a quick stop before heading in then Sullivan’s, halftime pizza, or the harp are good options. They’ll be crowded but if you aren’t looking to sit and hang out long they’ll serve their purpose.

Reaction Score
The way the tickets were distributed, there won't be 12k UConn fans there. Each school got ~2.3k and the early sale of tickets was given to Celtics and Bruins season ticket holders as well as BC boosters as they are the host. You have to realize that when the NCAAs are in a city like Boston which rarely hosts, tons of college basketball fans come out of the woodwork even if their team is not in Boston.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Whelp, I got the norovirus (wouldn't recommend trying it out).

But my brother and best friend will be there. And they're both drunks so they'll be loud.
I got it last year this time. It was brutal but passed quickly. “Double dragon” I was told is the proper term for it.

Reaction Score
I'm flipping between SeatGeek, Stubhub, and Ticketmaster. Those are the big 3 I trust. I'm seeing around $280 to get in a moment with the understanding face value was $180 for upper deck.
I found Vivid seats to be cheaper than seat geek

Reaction Score
I hope your toilet has a good view of the TV.

I moved my wife's office TV into the bathroom and the other into the bedroom. Haven't left either in 24 hours. Slept maybe 2.

Watched a ton of old Bird, Magic, MJ games from back in the day. Way better than work, and I've got 13 sick days to burn by June 19.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
I moved my wife's office TV into the bathroom and the other into the bedroom. Haven't left either in 24 hours. Slept maybe 2.

Watched a ton of old Bird, Magic, MJ games from back in the day. Way better than work, and I've got 13 sick days to burn by June 19.
Oof. Sorry to hear that. Sounds miserable. Get better quickly.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
I've never used them and don't know how reliable they are
I bought tickets for the BET semis last year through them with no problems. But that's been my only experience.

Reaction Score
The way the tickets were distributed, there won't be 12k UConn fans there. Each school got ~2.3k and the early sale of tickets was given to Celtics and Bruins season ticket holders as well as BC boosters as they are the host. You have to realize that when the NCAAs are in a city like Boston which rarely hosts, tons of college basketball fans come out of the woodwork even if their team is not in Boston.
We shouldn't be surprised if there are a lot of Iowa State fans tomorrow, those farmers travel well. The Big 12 championship game against Houston looked like a home game for them (Ames is only about a 3 and 1/2 hour drive). This is obviously a much bigger trip, but they will generally find a way to show up in numbers.

Reaction Score
We shouldn't be surprised if there are a lot of Iowa State fans tomorrow, those farmers travel well. The Big 12 championship game against Houston looked like a home game for them (Ames is only about a 3 and 1/2 hour drive). This is obviously a much bigger trip, but they will generally find a way to show up in numbers.
3 hours might be a day trip, maybe, but reason would stand they can't make something like a 3 or 4 day trip because they have to tend to the farm. ;)

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Represent my fellow Yarders, make us proud

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
For some of the same reasons a lot of UConn people made the trip to Kansas, Iowa State and Illinois people can go and Make this a long weekend in Boston, which might be a place they’ve never visited. Yes U, Illinois is also farm country. The thing that might hold that number down is Easter.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I found Vivid seats to be cheaper than seat geek
I've never used them and don't know how reliable they are
Vivid Seats is great and almost always cheaper- highly recommend. Have used them 20+ times with no issues.

Also keep an eye on Red Zone tickets (link here) for tix to Boston + any future ticket needs- they are locally owned and have a ton of deals day of for all sorts of national events. Have found them to be great and very reliable as well.

Reaction Score
I remember the orange suit guy from the time we played Iowa State in the tournament. There were a lot of orange attired fans and my seat was right in the middle of them. Glad we won because that was miserable.

Reaction Score
Whelp, I got the norovirus (wouldn't recommend trying it out).

But my brother and best friend will be there. And they're both drunks so they'll be loud.
Sorry to hear about the V. Stay hydrated and keep doing the fluids. Should be back on your feet for Elite Eight games this weekend. Get better

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom