Boston Globe goes after UMass football | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Boston Globe goes after UMass football

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Maybe not Narduzzi because he seems locked into B1G/MSU, but the current HC @ UMass is the once removed OC @ ND (and is also a Brian Kelly disciple).

But "once removed" is significant in college football. you are either on the way up, or on the way.

Reaction Score
But "once removed" is significant in college football. you are either on the way up, or on the way.

By once removed I meant he wasn't the last OC (Chuck Martin who just left) - Molnar was the one before him.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
ahh, i see. if i did any research you wouldn't have to educate me.

Reaction Score
We need both. A home and home with RU is not going to make a whits bit of difference to the decision of the casual fan or the local press to pay attention. Between 6 and 8 conference games against southern schools is going to suck the interest out of this program. We have got to play Navy, Temple and Cincinnati every year, and I would like to get UMass into the league or make it an annual game.

We are no longer "too good" for UMass. We are in a Group of Five conference just like they are.
So there it is FINALLY, you admit why you want us to play UMass, to get them into this conference...and once they are here, how does that help get us out? ...and why oh why are you posting about helping UMass on the BY? Just asking? cause, because UConn needs an identity and that identity is with other P5 programs not rookie FBS programs that are showing signs of not being able to make it...perhaps to your earlier point UConn doesn't either, but as a fan, I would like to see UConn make it or not make it based on their fans support or the support of the State of CT (period)!

Reaction Score
You can at least try and spell my alma mater's name correctly: Its Stony Brook. A top notch AAU state research University trying to find its way in Division I athletics. See you september 6th!
...I'll be psyched up to see UConn and looking forward to falling asleep when Stonybrook (intentionally spelled incorrectly) takes the field!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
So there it is FINALLY, you admit why you want us to play UMass, to get them into this conference...and once they are here, how does that help get us out? ...and why oh why are you posting about helping UMass on the BY? Just asking? cause, because UConn needs an identity and that identity is with other P5 programs not rookie FBS programs that are showing signs of not being able to make it...perhaps to your earlier point UConn doesn't either, but as a fan, I would like to see UConn make it or not make it based on their fans support or the support of the State of CT (period)!

How is our identity with other P5 programs supported by being in a league with Memphis, Tulane and Tulsa? The first two have been FBS for a long time, and sucked all along. Travel is going to kill UConn, especially in a league where total revenue from the conference will be a few million.

I am not talking about helping UMass. I am talking about helping UConn. There is a reason why conferences were and still are more or less geographically contiguous. Fans care more about programs that are nearby.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If we truly NEED UMass, I quit.

I am not the dealer here, only the person telling you what is in your hand. In the game of conference realignment, UConn has rags.

We are in a southern mid-major league where the football is OK but every school but one is over 800 miles away, and the basketball is abysmal. What's your plan to get fans in the seats and make the basketball league adequate.

If we need the current AAC because it is our best option, then we should all quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom