Boston College? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Boston College?

Reaction Score
Yup, all that is true. They still have been nowhere near as bad as UConn has been for years.
That’s also true, but if last weeks game is any indication, I think you and Huskygrad are greatly selling UConn short against BC. You should wake up and realize that Mora has done a tremendous job so far.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They are a shambles? They are 6-6, 6-5, 6-7, 7-5, and 7-6 over the last five years. We are 1-11, 0-0, 2-10, 1-11, and 3-9 in the same years. They have a losing record in the ACC? We lost Holy Cross and were within a hair of losing to Yale (our only win). We have to realize the hole we are digging out of at this point. Yes Mora improved the roster, the attitude, and the coaching, but we were not only behind in the race we had been lapped multiple times. That makes it a pretty big leap to think BC is still not way ahead of us.
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Reaction Score
They are a shambles? They are 6-6, 6-5, 6-7, 7-5, and 7-6 over the last five years. We are 1-11, 0-0, 2-10, 1-11, and 3-9 in the same years. They have a losing record in the ACC? We lost Holy Cross and were within a hair of losing to Yale (our only win). We have to realize the hole we are digging out of at this point. Yes Mora improved the roster, the attitude, and the coaching, but we were not only behind in the race we had been lapped multiple times. That makes it a pretty big leap to think BC is still not way ahead of us.
Did you mean Attitude or Altitude? Just wondering.
:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Obviously you’re including cupcake opponents OUTSIDE of their conference schedule to get those past five won-lost records. Last year OOC they played Colgate, UMass, and Temple, yet finished 2-6 in conference. The results are similar in the other past four years you cite. They get creamed in conference almost every year, and that is why Addazio was canned. You have the nerve to sight for UConn a team from last year that was in complete disarray after Edsall was rightly fired mid season and with Spanos taking over. The only bright spot was when Benedict brought in Mazzone to call some plays.
They also lost their star QB for most of the season, hence the ACC struggles. THey were .500 in the ACC the previous 4 years, which is the definition of "solid." I think they're closer to a .500 ACC team than a 2 win ACC team given their track record. For a Northeast school you absolutely take .500 in a "southern" conference w/ a good chance at a bowl every year as a success.

Reaction Score
They also lost their star QB for most of the season, hence the ACC struggles. THey were .500 in the ACC the previous 4 years, which is the definition of "solid." I think they're closer to a .500 ACC team than a 2 win ACC team given their track record. For a Northeast school you absolutely take .500 in a "southern" conference w/ a good chance at a bowl every year as a success.
16 wins and 16 losses over the previous 4 years in a weak football conference like the ACC is not my definition of “solid”.

Reaction Score
Obviously you’re including cupcake opponents OUTSIDE of their conference schedule to get those past five won-lost records. Last year OOC they played Colgate, UMass, and Temple, yet finished 2-6 in conference. The results are similar in the other past four years you cite. They get creamed in conference almost every year, and that is why Addazio was canned. You have the nerve to sight for UConn a team from last year that was in complete disarray after Edsall was rightly fired mid season and with Spanos taking over. The only bright spot was when Benedict brought in Mazzone to call some plays.
I feel like I am dumping on my Huskies to back up an objective argument. I chose all of both teams games because then I’m not being selective as you are, but I’ll go there. Their OOC included UMass…we lost to UMass.
If I took out the cupcakes for us to match your argument, we’d have zero wins.
You cite their cupcakes…we lost to an FCS team.
You mention that we looked better with Mazzone (we did)…and we lost those games too! Our better was still a loss.

I’m comfortable staying that it will be a tall order to beat them and that I understand why they might take us lightly.

Going back to finish packing for the tailgate and hoping I am wrong looking forward…

Reaction Score
We should be playing in such a WEAK conference.
Well, relative to the SEC, Big 10, PAC 12 and even the Big 12, yes I agree, we should be playing in such a weak football conference.

Reaction Score
I feel like I am dumping on my Huskies to back up an objective argument. I chose all of both teams games because then I’m not being selective as you are, but I’ll go there. Their OOC included UMass…we lost to UMass.
If I took out the cupcakes for us to match your argument, we’d have zero wins.
You cite their cupcakes…we lost to an FCS team.
You mention that we looked better with Mazzone (we did)…and we lost those games too! Our better was still a loss.

I’m comfortable staying that it will be a tall order to beat them and that I understand why they might take us lightly.

Going back to finish packing for the tailgate and hoping I am wrong looking forward…
If you’re “not being selective like I am” then I’m Sean Mulcahy. You picked the 4 best years they had (from 2020 to 2017) and that was only 4-4 in conference for three of the four and 5-5 for the fourth. If you had chosen the 4 years before that you would have had two years when they were 0-8 and 1-7 in the ACC. Ok Mr Objectivity? They may have had one or two years in the beginning as ACC members when they had a winning season in the conference but that’s almost 20 years ago.

Reaction Score
That’s also true, but if last weeks game is any indication, I think you and Huskygrad are greatly selling UConn short against BC. You should wake up and realize that Mora has done a tremendous job so far.
Not true, I see the improvement and hope it continues.

Reaction Score
How about we talk about this the week that we play BC.

Reaction Score
If you’re “not being selective like I am” then I’m Sean Mulcahy. You picked the 4 best years they had (from 2020 to 2017) and that was only 4-4 in conference for three of the four and 5-5 for the fourth. If you had chosen the 4 years before that you would have had two years when they were 0-8 and 1-7 in the ACC. Ok Mr Objectivity? They may have had one or two years in the beginning as ACC members when they had a winning season in the conference but that’s almost 20 years ago.
If you think 2017(1) + 2018(2) + 2019(3)+ 2020(4) + 2021(5) is 4 years I’ll just move along

Reaction Score
If you think 2017(1) + 2018(2) + 2019(3)+ 2020(4) + 2021(5) is 4 years I’ll just move along
I didn’t include 2021 because they were downright awful. Only 2-6 in the ho hum ACC, but yes please move along.

Reaction Score
UConn win would be awesome but honestly think they are a year away or two. BC has a huge o-line which could be tough to say the least.

Turnovers would even the playing field
Well, BC had massive problems with both lines today. On offense, they could not run the ball and had 29 yards rushing. It is really hard to replace 5 starters on the OL and be effective early in the season, but I expect they will improve. The defensive line could not handle a rebuilt Rutgers OL and they are not very big. The DL got gashed on the game winning drive and gave up 212 yards rushing today. I think BC's OC is also a big problem as the offense looked very basic today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom