Boston College? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boston College?

Reaction Score
I think BC is a bridge too far this year unless Turner takes a remarkable step forward in the next few weeks. I don’t think it will be any kind of a blowout. But we are not there yet. Hope I am wrong.

Reaction Score
Do people see this as a winnable game? A Beagle fan seems to think they’ll win “comfortably “.

BC should be right around 6-7 wins. A .500 ball team should not be counting on any game, or that game will come up and bite them in the @zz.

Reaction Score
Me thinks last weeks game film and roster changes tosses out any film from last year JMHO. ;)
Unfortunately last weeks game film would simply show you need to protect against the run and ignore our passing game. The film will show shaky pass blocking and a QB that went 12/31 for 100 yds with two picks. I assume the game film after the CCSU game will tell a better story regarding some balance and if he continues to show it against Cuse, then that might make people start to think differently.

Reaction Score
I always predict UConn to win in those threads. That's my fandom picking.

Realistically though, I don't expect them to beat beat Michigan or NC State either. But you might see me "predict" 31-30 in those games as well..
Do you really think BC is better than Utah State? Your logic is impeccable, BC should beat UConn just because Michigan and NC State will. Don’t forget to pick CCSU over UCONN. Lol

Reaction Score
Of course they feel like they should beat us comfortably. Maybe over the next couple weeks that changes. Who knows?

My issue is that it's "rational" that they split ND, NCSU, Clem, Wake ???

Reaction Score
I think BC is a bridge too far this year unless Turner takes a remarkable step forward in the next few weeks. I don’t think it will be any kind of a blowout. But we are not there yet. Hope I am wrong.
I'm hoping this year is similar to DanO's freshman year where you saw them compete and hang around in a lot of games.

Reaction Score
I live in Boston and I have a good friend that is a big Chestnut Hill Community College fan so I unfortunately am exposed to the team (and go to 1-2 games a year, sue me for liking to tailgate).

Anyways, they're actually a solid team. Their QB Jurkovec, a Notre Dame transfer, was a stud in 2020 and had some injuries last year. If he's back to 2020 form this year, they'll be a top-half ACC team (which isn't saying much I know). They will probably be 2-3 touchdown favorites if I had to imagine (obviously a lot can happen between now and then).

Between BC and Cuse games, Cuse is much more winnable for us. Cuse I believe is predicted last in the ACC, which is great.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'm hoping this year is similar to DanO's freshman year where you saw them compete and hang around in a lot of games.
Was that the year BC fans were saying the UConn game was basically a controlled scrimmage? Man, they had some obnoxious fans

Reaction Score
Do you really think BC is better than Utah State? Your logic is impeccable, BC should beat UConn just because Michigan and NC State will. Don’t forget to pick CCSU over UCONN. Lol
I do not know if BC is better than Utah State and there is no logic to saying I always pick UConn to win in the game day threads lol. I do know BC plays a much tougher schedule than Utah State typically and that impacts team record.

I saw UConn kick Utah States ass on the line scrimmage. I didn't walk away thinking we almost knocked off some juggernaut.

Reaction Score
I do not know if BC is better than Utah State and there is no logic to saying I always pick UConn to win in the game day threads lol. I do know BC plays a much tougher schedule than Utah State typically and that impacts team record.

I saw UConn kick Utah States ass on the line scrimmage. I didn't walk away thinking we almost knocked off some juggernaut.

I think Utah State is easily as good as any run of the mill ACC school. But we still lost.

I just think that means Cuse and BCU will be more competitive affairs than expected.

Reaction Score
Don’t forget, we won’t be playing BC at 5000ft. We’d played a Utah State team accustomed to playing at that altitude.

Reaction Score
I do hate BC, but they are almost always a solid team. UConn is a few years from beating them.

UConn is a few days away from another loss if they think this next game will be an easy win. They need to play like they were playing BC.

Reaction Score
I do hate BC, but they are almost always a solid team. UConn is a few years from beating them.

UConn is a few days away from another loss if they think this next game will be an easy win. They need to play like they were playing BC.
Solid team??? They have not had a winning season in the ACC conference in 13 or 14 years and they were 2-6 in conference last season. Why do you think they fired Addazio? Who was then fired by Colorado State two years later. That program is in a shambles,

Reaction Score
I live in Boston and I have a good friend that is a big Chestnut Hill Community College fan so I unfortunately am exposed to the team (and go to 1-2 games a year, sue me for liking to tailgate).

Anyways, they're actually a solid team. Their QB Jurkovec, a Notre Dame transfer, was a stud in 2020 and had some injuries last year. If he's back to 2020 form this year, they'll be a top-half ACC team (which isn't saying much I know). They will probably be 2-3 touchdown favorites if I had to imagine (obviously a lot can happen between now and then).

Between BC and Cuse games, Cuse is much more winnable for us. Cuse I believe is predicted last in the ACC, which is great.
I think it's too early to tell how good BC will be this year as they lost their entire starting OL from last year as well as their offensive coordinator.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score

Thanks, Captain Obvious. We've been through quite a few FCS games over the past debacle of a decade. I don't think Mora has them taking this lightly, but maybe you can give him a jingle and let him know.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
UConn win would be awesome but honestly think they are a year away or two. BC has a huge o-line which could be tough to say the least.

Turnovers would even the playing field

Reaction Score
How about we win this weekend as a start. Unless we develop a credible passing game to balance the run, beating the Fruits or Beagles is not even remotely feasible in my view.

Reaction Score
Solid team??? They have not had a winning season in the ACC conference in 13 or 14 years and they were 2-6 in conference last season. Why do you think they fired Addazio? Who was then fired by Colorado State two years later. That program is in a shambles,
Yup, all that is true. They still have been nowhere near as bad as UConn has been for years.

Reaction Score
They are a shambles? They are 6-6, 6-5, 6-7, 7-5, and 7-6 over the last five years. We are 1-11, 0-0, 2-10, 1-11, and 3-9 in the same years. They have a losing record in the ACC? We lost Holy Cross and were within a hair of losing to Yale (our only win). We have to realize the hole we are digging out of at this point. Yes Mora improved the roster, the attitude, and the coaching, but we were not only behind in the race we had been lapped multiple times. That makes it a pretty big leap to think BC is still not way ahead of us.

Reaction Score
They are a shambles? They are 6-6, 6-5, 6-7, 7-5, and 7-6 over the last five years. We are 1-11, 0-0, 2-10, 1-11, and 3-9 in the same years. They have a losing record in the ACC? We lost Holy Cross and were within a hair of losing to Yale (our only win). We have to realize the hole we are digging out of at this point. Yes Mora improved the roster, the attitude, and the coaching, but we were not only behind in the race we had been lapped multiple times. That makes it a pretty big leap to think BC is still not way ahead of us.
Obviously you’re including cupcake opponents OUTSIDE of their conference schedule to get those past five won-lost records. Last year OOC they played Colgate, UMass, and Temple, yet finished 2-6 in conference. The results are similar in the other past four years you cite. They get creamed in conference almost every year, and that is why Addazio was canned. You have the nerve to sight for UConn a team from last year that was in complete disarray after Edsall was rightly fired mid season and with Spanos taking over. The only bright spot was when Benedict brought in Mazzone to call some plays.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom