Boston College? | The Boneyard

Boston College?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Do people see this as a winnable game? A Beagle fan seems to think they’ll win “comfortably “.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I think it's fair for BC to think this game is an easy win for them. If Turner shows that he can be adequate the next two weeks....he doesn't have to be great...then maybe you could say the game is winnable. That is a very big "if" for a true freshman who wasn't even here in the spring.

Reaction Score
I think it's fair for BC to think this game is an easy win for them. If Turner shows that he can be adequate the next two weeks....he doesn't have to be great...then maybe you could say the game is winnable. That is a very big "if" for a true freshman who wasn't even here in the spring.
Utah St is probably better then BC. Its a tough call. I wouldn't be too confident as a BC fan. As a UConn fan, I agree that Zion is critical. We need competent QB play. If we have it, our rushing game, O Line, D and kicking all look pretty good. Without all of these injuries, I'd be feeling pretty optimistic. It will take a few weeks for the country to realize that we really are much improved.

Reaction Score
I think we’re an easy win for them but Syracuse is probably better than BC, so not sure how they’re counting that as an easy win

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Utah St is probably better then BC. Its a tough call. I wouldn't be too confident as a BC fan. As a UConn fan, I agree that Zion is critical. We need competent QB play. If we have it, our rushing game, O Line, D and kicking all look pretty good. Without all of these injuries, I'd be feeling pretty optimistic. It will take a few weeks for the country to realize that we really are much improved.
I guess I am reacting to what happened after the injuries and the 14-0 start. I didn't see much on offense after that that says they can beat BC.

But...Utah State is a good team...and with more reps in practice we should see significant improvement from ZT.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Realistically every opponent should feel confident about beating UConn this season.

It will take the first 2/3 of the season to get a feel for the level of this team and for opposing fan bases to adjust their expectations. For all we know Utah St could be the high level mark for this year's team. I don't think it will be, but the UConn program has almost a decade of futility to overcome before respect is earned.

Plus, BCU has clubbed UConn every time they've played.

Reaction Score
Honestly? No. Hard to be as bad as we have been and expect to win games against P5 opponents.

I'm all for it happening but I think it's tough year 1.
I don’t understand your logic since you predicted UConn over Utah State 31-27. BC is a P5 opponent in name only.

Reaction Score
If you’re BCU of course you think it’s winnable and expect it. But for us we should be looking at the upset for all the obvious reasons.

Same goes for Syracuse.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I've wanted to beat BC from the core of my bones since we first started playing 1A football. I am also one of the most optimistic posters on here (see my 10 years of undefeated season predictions). That said, it will take A LOT to beat BC. I really hope we play a competitive game with no fake field goal attempts.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It’s particularly fair because we’ve never beaten them in football. I’m gonna try to get up to the Rent for that game. I have a hunch it may be worth watching.

Reaction Score
with no fake field goal attempts.

Honestly, I think that was my lowest point as a UCONN fan. I was at that game and watched that call and everyone around me was completely mystified as to what happened and how anyone could make such a total and complete fool of themselves with a call like that.

I was with my wife and she asked me what happened and I told her someone just committed career suicide in front of 40,000 people.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
There is not a team on our schedule that doesn't have us penciled in as a win.

Depends how good BC is. It think based just on the upper expectations of our improvement you'd have to think its a stretch at best. As in BC turns the ball over a bunch or some inspired performances, etc.

Reaction Score
It may be a tough game for UConn. But don't think the score will be lopsided.

Reaction Score
Being underestimated is an advantage. Embrace it. Own it. Go with it. Then take a 14 point lead in the first quarter and hold the lead until the end

Reaction Score
There is not a team on our schedule that doesn't have us penciled in as a win.

Depends how good BC is. It think based just on the upper expectations of our improvement you'd have to think its a stretch at best. As in BC turns the ball over a bunch or some inspired performances, etc.
Really? You think every time they we play after seeing us play last week has us penciled in as a win? Did you watch the game? Not sure how you can say that….every team? Totally disagree.

Reaction Score
Really? You think every time they we play after seeing us play last week has us penciled in as a win? Did you watch the game? Not sure how you can say that….every team? Totally disagree.
Every team that we play….

Reaction Score
I don’t understand your logic since you predicted UConn over Utah State 31-27. BC is a P5 opponent in name only.
I always predict UConn to win in those threads. That's my fandom picking.

Realistically though, I don't expect them to beat beat Michigan or NC State either. But you might see me "predict" 31-30 in those games as well..

Reaction Score
By most measures, Utah St is better than Cuse and BC. Doesn’t mean we will win, but we might.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom