Borges: Gaffney Update, will help recruiting efforts on Friday | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Borges: Gaffney Update, will help recruiting efforts on Friday

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I genuinely thought it was a new recruit until I opened the thread lol. We've seen many unique names, I thought we were recruiting for the all-name starting lineup

Yep, I always go back to 'Magestic Mapp'. Which very well could have been some sort of 'fine cartography'.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, take both as someone said before. Staff wants one at each position, can be super choosy with last 1-2 spots (technically 1 only as of now) if Akok and Wahab in the fold.

Great programs are so inviting, players don't get scared off by others too easily. Kind of like the opposite of here under KO where if we recruited more than 3-4 guards on the roster,, players were driving the bus and Vital was transferring or whomever. Good programs don't have that problem, they attract more talent. We're gonna get back there!

Kimani, Coach Hurley and Kenya clearly play chess not checkers, boys!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I tried

Relax, we're not ripping on you. Mods just try to use those recruiting tags for very specific purposes.

Unfortunately, the board derails half the threads anyway. I'm as guilty as anybody.

Reaction Score
You accept both, but keep recruiting Precious/Kofi hard. Those 2 know they'll play no matter where they go or who's there.

And then you let it shake out in the end. Maybe people transfer. Maybe one of the lesser players decommits.

It seems we're doing great right now, but we are still in no position to turn down talent or play games with recruits.

then!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
What Rice did at Rutgers was horrible. That said he apparently has changed for the better.
Pertinent to UConn Rice knows basketball. And Rice speaks highly of Jalen. The most important thing for me is whether this new Rice speaks glowingly about all his players or has he reserved this for Jalen and maybe one or two other of his players.

Regardless of that answer having good relationships with several major programs in the region will increase the odds players we are recruiting will consider UConn. If Rice is accurate about Jalen, coaches of players UConn is trying to get will know if it's hyperbole or accurate. My guess is it's accurate. I wish I could watch some of Jalen's games instead of high lights. So if Jalen is encouraging recruits to come to UConn that is a positive and shouldn't be undervalued.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom