Borges: Gaffney Update, will help recruiting efforts on Friday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Borges: Gaffney Update, will help recruiting efforts on Friday

C

Chief00

What do you mean, pass? The guy just encouraged a great player to attend UConn!
Agree / he’s a good dude. So what he threw a ball at someone - stuff happens

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Mike Rice is a very good coach and a good guy. After he got canned at Rutgirls he spent some time coaching at Hoop Group in Neptune, NJ. Coached 2 of my nephews when they were about 7 and 11 years old and they loved him. I met him a few times and my brother in law still stays in contact with him. The guy made some mistakes and more than paid for them.

C

Chief00

Hurley gives guys second chances and doesn’t hide from them. Young, Sal to name a couple. I agree lots of what Rice did at practice was very wrong - should he get a second chance of some kind? That a matter of your heart, soul and brains. There’s no right answer.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Hurley gives guys second chances and doesn’t hide from them. Young, Sal to name a couple. I agree lots of what Rice did at practice was very wrong - should he get a second chance of some kind? That a matter of your heart, soul and brains. There’s no right answer.

I'm on the fence about your level of "insider-ness" in general but it amuses me either way and I don't see the harm. But, I promise you mine is deeper on this topic. Be careful.

And I'm no UCMBB insider, trust me. I just have an off chance connection with deep enough roots on this outside subject.

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
If you're referring to my post, that wasn't a peace proposal. It was a friendly reminder that dams break unexpectedly all the time.

Self imposed gag order on this until something is said for it to be lifted.

Lets get back to the topic at hand in @StepbackCity OP. LOVE the fact that Jalen is recruiting days after his verbal!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If you're referring to my post, that wasn't a peace proposal. It was a friendly reminder that dams break unexpectedly all the time.

Self imposed gag order on this until something is said for it to be lifted.

Lets get back to the topic at hand in @StepbackCity OP. LOVE the fact that Jalen is recruiting days after his verbal!
No not you. Had a posted thread deleted suggesting a Pax Romana but all good.

I try to play by the rules so my bad I guess.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I didn't read it, so no idea how you phrased everything, but dollars to donuts says it was deleted because you prefixed it with the '2019 Recruiting' tag. I took a second to think if there was actually a 2019 recruit named 'Peace Proposal'.

Reaction Score

I didn't read it, so no idea how you phrased everything, but dollars to donuts says it was deleted because you prefixed it with the '2019 Recruiting' tag. I took a second to think if there was actually a 2019 recruit named 'Peace Proposal'.
You are correct. Just tired of 6 or 8 here pee ing on each other on 2019 recruiting. Should have known better. Oh well.

pj

Reaction Score
I don't think it's good to have a Peace Proposal thread. If we do that, then the other side will want to start a War Proposal thread. And if the two sides are gathering in distinct threads, how will they negotiate a peace treaty?

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
So was it wrong, or did he just throw a ball at someone (over and over and over again including at their head)?

Reaction Score
What if both want to commit on the spot. Do we say yes to Akok and no to Wahab? Do we accept both?

intlzncster

Reaction Score

I don't know much about Wahab. Anybody have any good player comps for him? Based both on where he is now and potential? What's his game like?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
What if both want to commit on the spot. Do we say yes to Akok and no to Wahab? Do we accept both?

You accept both, but keep recruiting Precious/Kofi hard. Those 2 know they'll play no matter where they go or who's there.

And then you let it shake out in the end. Maybe people transfer. Maybe one of the lesser players decommits.

It seems we're doing great right now, but we are still in no position to turn down talent or play games with recruits.

Reaction Score
I genuinely thought it was a new recruit until I opened the thread lol. We've seen many unique names, I thought we were recruiting for the all-name starting lineup

Reaction Score
I genuinely thought it was a new recruit until I opened the thread lol. We've seen many unique names, I thought we were recruiting for the all-name starting lineup
LOL same here. Peace Proposal sounds like a slightly undersized 2020 wing with a smooth shooting stroke

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom