Borges: Despite Instagram message, expect Vital back | The Boneyard

Borges: Despite Instagram message, expect Vital back

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Despite Instagram message, expect Christian Vital to be back at UConn next season

"He aspires to play in the NBA,” said Quinn, who won his 1,000th career game this past winter. “I think he just wants to listen to people as to where he is and where he’ll stand. Then, he’ll come back to Connecticut.”

" I know he’s spoken to the coaches to make sure he can come back, I know that as a fact,” said Quinn. “Honestly, the coaches have been great with him. Danny Hurley and Tommy Moore have been great with him. They’ve done everything to make him feel good about himself. Christian said that.”

But I thought Hurley was pushing him out?
:rolleyes:

Can't wait to see the small lineup of Adams, Gilbert, Vital, Wilson, and Carlton.

Under Hurley and staff, with this talent returning, we should compete for the AAC championship and make the tourney.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I didn't see a thread and I wasn't going to dig through 20+ pages of nonsense in one of those awful megathreads. Probably worthy of its own thread anyways.
Let’s turn this into a 20+ page megathread!

Reaction Score
One of the problems with this place (the internet) is that nuance gets lost.

I’ve said that I expect him back. But, GIANT IF, he doesn’t come back; it would be fair to ask if he was pushed out. Because, unless he desperately needs to find a team overseas to play for, the decision to leave now is foolish at best.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Can't wait to see the small lineup of Adams, Gilbert, Vital, Wilson, and Carlton.

Under Hurley and staff, with this talent returning, we should compete for the AAC championship and make the tourney.

Not picking on you per se, but why's everybody so psyched to see these small lineups? I mean, we looked like smurfs last year...I can't wait until our smallest guy is 6'4.

Reaction Score
So, the people who think he's an idiot and can't play should be... Disappointed?

C

Chief00

Quinn doesn’t exactly have a good batting average on his UConn predictions. I personally hope he comes back and buys into the program. There also needs to be a scholarship available. I am skeptical.

Reaction Score
Not picking on you per se, but why's everybody so psyched to see these small lineups? I mean, we looked like smurfs last year...I can't wait until our smallest guy is 6'4.

Build has been a much bigger problem than height. Following the Nova model is the way to go.

Reaction Score
Will be nice to see him play within the confines of a structured offense. Or a offense...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Quinn doesn’t exactly have a good batting average on his UConn predictions. I personally hope he comes back and buys into the program. There also needs to be a scholarship available. I am skeptical.

Total #casualfan

Reaction Score
I didn't see a thread and I wasn't going to dig through 20+ pages of nonsense in one of those awful megathreads. Probably worthy of its own thread anyways.
Just forward all your likes to sonofabeach:D:D:D

Reaction Score

Because...that's how he Hurleys....

Reaction Score
So, the people who think he's an idiot and can't play should be... Disappointed?
If he stays in the draft he's an idiot. If he stays in the draft I'll be disappointed. He's a decent college player. He could be all-conference the next two years.

There's a pretty large gap between all-conference in the AAC and making an NBA team. Like Grand Canyon wide.

Reaction Score
I think push comes to shove he comes back - but again - he's one of those guys i'm agnostic to. LOVE the kid - he's plucky - no doubt we're better with him than without him, but he's another player on this roster that if we lose him, can be replaced.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Here is to hoping this is true and he listens to the feedback, not just what he wants to hear. He is clearly a hard worker and tough, but also not ready for the NBA. I would like to see him back in a UConn jersey for two more years.

Reaction Score
One of the problems with this place (the internet) is that nuance gets lost.

I’ve said that I expect him back. But, GIANT IF, he doesn’t come back; it would be fair to ask if he was pushed out. Because, unless he desperately needs to find a team overseas to play for, the decision to leave now is foolish at best.

Look, it's nuance on the Boneyard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom