OT: - Bookshelf Speakers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Bookshelf Speakers

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Well I ended up buying Kanto YU 5.25 passive speakers. On sale at Crutchfield for $150. Better than the Sonys and should be all she needs. Got a bluetooth adapter for her receiver for $20.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
ELAC Debut 2.0 B6.2 Bookshelf Speakers

I have the original B6s and they are great - less than $300 a pair and they rate higher than many that cost 3 times as much
I am not a novice in the audio field
Worth your look see
I've been happy with my elac ub5s in a small listening room.

Reaction Score
Well I ended up buying Kanto YU 5.25 passive speakers. On sale at Crutchfield for $150. Better than the Sonys and should be all she needs. Got a bluetooth adapter for her receiver for $20.
Hmmm. Never heard of that brand. I picked up a pair of Edifier R1280DB Bluetooth speakers for my teenage daughter and an Audio Technica Turntable for Christmas last year and was blown away by how good the little system sounded. She can hook her phone into the speakers too which was a bonus. I know you already bought, but maybe this helps the next buyer. Hope the Kantos work out well!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Hmmm. Never heard of that brand. I picked up a pair of Edifier R1280DB Bluetooth speakers for my teenage daughter and an Audio Technica Turntable for Christmas last year and was blown away by how good the little system sounded. She can hook her phone into the speakers too which was a bonus. I know you already bought, but maybe this helps the next buyer. Hope the Kantos work out well!

I got her the Audio Technica turntable two years ago. Glad to see kids listening to vInyl. After I looked into Edifer I decided not to buy speakers from a Chinese company. Kanto is Canadian and I have had good luck with Canadian speakers (Mirage and Paradigm). They are actually known for their powered speakers like the Edifer with lots of connections. More expensive though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom