Boneyard history | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Boneyard history

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I remember Slewbopper from way back on the AOL message boards and later o the ESPN board. He posted using a buch of different screen names. He might hold the record for the most message board bannings. He passed away at a young age several years ago.
Ruffian. He asked to be able to post again and was allowed back on the Boneyard. He passed on maybe 6-9 months later :(

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I miss the IceBear and many others.. I think my all-time fave was the Wonkster who, back when you could do that, posted under many names, my fave being Father O'Malley. I posted a lot of doggerel drivel, mostly just to drive Wonkster mad trying to figure out who was really posting as the Poet Lariat. And then there was the great LV fan (Robtinsc, or something like that, someone with a better memory please correct me) who originated the "Ballhog Chick" handle for D and did a lot of hilarious friendly teasing on the BY.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I remember many of the names mentioned, as I have been around through quite a few of the BY iterations. I miss some of those that have either stopped posting or have passed on.

Of course I never knew any of you personally, as I was a Rutgers fan and only was in Connecticut when RU was playing, often in the old Big East Tournament.

What is so odd - "its a small world" - we have 2 couples we are friends with that have Arizona season tickets as we do. One couple is our friends from Rutgers / NJ that actually put Tucson in our minds. The other couple are long time UConn fans that continue to root for UConn, but they are not message board people.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I think his handle was Dogfather, but his name is Ken.

During UConn’s first title run, we had an ESPN bracket and every single person picked UConn except Ken who took Duke in hopes of winning a coupon for a free pizza from ESPN.
There were 5 Yarders who picked Duke. They were dubbed The Dookie 5. A Yarder named Tartan was one. Definitely Dogfather, too. Forgot the other three.

Reaction Score
I enjoyed all the old timers that have been on the Bone Yard for so long and envy them there memories. I found the BY in 2013 when I started rooting for Uconn because of Breanna Stewart. I didn't join until 2021.Two things I remember from when I started watching, there was an obnoxious ND fan that was very caustic in his posts. He was banned many times under various names, even using his wife's name one time. He was blocked so much he disappeared. The most posts I enjoyed was a poster that seem to keep all of Uconn's records, current and ended. He kept track with it seemed like 30 or 40 records. What ever happened to him, if you know who I mean? One day he just disappeared. He was great. I have now officially turned 90 and am retiring at the end of the year which will give me a lot of time watching Uconn and our great team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom