Boneyard Badass Awards for USF Victory. . . | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Boneyard Badass Awards for USF Victory. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
635671964751424854-Fab-Five.jpg

This Michigan Team, played every night as Uconn did last night, they were so good--they were the team I loved to hate.
Their antics (fun) while playing turned me off--but in retrospect and watching Uc WBB, they were just kids having fun.
But I did enjoy Webber calling the time out when they had none.!! Rose to me --was the greatest of the 5.

Reaction Score
I agree Saniya was great tonight, but I find it hard to give the award to anyone except "the team" for this one.
But I must say, and it's not just because of tonight's game either, that I totally agree that we should bury the term "Core four", however catchy it may be. I think it's an insult to Saniya and she doesn't deserve it. This is a TEAM, and in BB a team has 5 players. Right now they are all essential and all playing as one. However good the individual parts, this may be one of the greatest teams in BB history, almost certainly in WBB.
Who knows, maybe she's heard the term and felt left out, and it inspired Saniya to give just that last needed ounce. I couldn't care less why; it's happened and at last I think everyone recognizes it now.
I'm not even sure I think "Fab Five" or whatever is fair either. The bench has given just enough at just the right times that we certainly couldn't have maintained the streak without them. Can anybody say "Dangerfield -19"?
I agree. I know it is human nature to try to give awards, like badass, to individual players, but I suggest we drop it this year. This year is unique, with each game truly a group effort. I don't think I have ever before seen a team where all of the players complimented each other this way, except maybe the Olympic team this year. They are all badasses now in every game. And I sure as hell would drop the "Core 4" name. Saniya is now a hugely important part of the team.

Reaction Score
I'm totally fine with "Core Four", and I'm glad a single player (Saniya) got your Badass Award this game - doesn't mean much otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom