Boneyard Badass Awards for USF Victory. . . | The Boneyard

Boneyard Badass Awards for USF Victory. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, in 21 minutes Gabby did her usual fill-the-box-score deal. But I agree about Saniya. She had a much harder psychological mountain to climb. Let's give it to her!

But the other thing: we should honor all the Huskies who've played the past 3 years: this is something they all did together!

Reaction Score
kickasstrophysmallsizeSaniya.jpg

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
. . . go to Geno Auriemma and Chris Dailey.:):)

They have taken UConn to the (90-straight) mountaintop -- again! They have created and sustained a culture of dominance that is the model for college sports programs and even pro franchises. Players have come, played, and excelled -- then moved on to successful lives, thanks to the relentless development activities, on and off the court, choreographed by Geno and Chris.

The first 90-game streak was unprecedented, so this encore is, um, "precedented."

Now let's go to 91 and keep counting.:)

Reaction Score
. . . go to Geno Auriemma and Chris Dailey.:):)

They have taken UConn to the (90-straight) mountaintop -- again! They have created and sustained a culture of dominance that is the model for college sports programs and even pro franchises. Players have come, played, and excelled -- then moved on to successful lives, thanks to the relentless development activities, on and off the court, choreographed by Geno and Chris.

The first 90-game streak was unprecedented, so this encore is, um, "precedented."

Now let's go to 91 and keep counting.:)

Nice choice Kib. I will give my choice to Saniya for her play on the court. She finally starting to take and hit those shots. Even though Gabby was her usual wonderful self. Saniya balled out tonight.

Reaction Score
    • i

Graham HaysespnW.com
Player of the game: Chong. It wasn't just the first shot. When she checked out of the game for the first time late in the opening quarter, Chong led all UConn players in the early blitz with eight points. She totaled 13 points, seven assists and no turnovers in the first half and finished the game with 20 points and eight assists. The points matched a career high, set, of course, in the Stanford loss.

Gabby Williams had people checking on triple-doubles in program history, finishing just shy with 11 points, 13 rebounds and seven assists, but Chong owned the night.

UConn wins 90th straight to match own NCAA record

Reaction Score
I think Gabby deserves it as well as Chong. Gabulous set the tone Offensive and Defensively steal blocks nice set ups that got Chong open for cpl 3s diving for lose balls up 60. But what seem to be a break out game for Saniya played with tons of confidence poise and played like her injuries is behind her. Thats the Chong i was waiting for
#UconnW90again

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Glad she's playing up to her potential. I was a little concerned that Geno took her out in the first quarter, but it wasn't for long, and it didn't affect her confidence.

And this puts to bed the thread about whether she'll score 20 this season. I thought this might be the game.

Cheers, Charlie

Reaction Score
Saniya played, in my opinion, one of the best games of her career. She was amazing to watch tonight. Absolutely deserving of the Badass Award, because she was a Badass tonight. She has my vote!

A shoutout to the 4 players that have been a part of this streak from the beginning as well: Saniya, Tierny, Kia, and Gabby. All four of them have stepped up in huge ways this season and I'm so excited to see where they go from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom