Boise St VS Tennessee | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boise St VS Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Spokane regional is a hot mess. Wouldn't surprise me if 6 different teams come out of it.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I saw only a little over 6K were in attendance on a Saturday afternoon. I think their fans are antsy.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I saw only a little over 6K were in attendance on a Saturday afternoon. I think their fans are antsy.
Anyone know if UT gives out a lot of freebies/cheap tickets for regular season home games? You can't do that in NCAA games, suddenly the fan base disappears.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Anyone know if UT gives out a lot of freebies/cheap tickets for regular season home games? You can't do that in NCAA games, suddenly the fan base disappears.

I don't know, but that was a large decline from their season's average. Considering their game was on a Saturday afternoon, I was surprised.

Reaction Score
Proud of the girls for the perseverance but was rather disappointed in the play....Graves played an impressive game and I'm glad Ariel actually came to play, other than those two...everyone else were so so
Graves looking good benefited greatly in that the Boise 6'4 Sr. center Redmond was out most of the game in foul trouble. Played only 13 minutes after picking up 2 quick fouls at the start of the game and another quick one early in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
I may be in the minority but I am really hoping that Tennessee can hold on long enough to make it to the FF. I would love to watch UConn dismantle them. After today's performance, I highly doubt they make it that far.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Sure Tennessee could have played better. Graves played great. Burdick didn't have a good game shooting. Hey on too the second round unlike Texas A&M.

Reaction Score
Sure Tennessee could have played better. Graves played great. Burdick didn't have a good game shooting. Hey on too the second round unlike Texas A&M.
You just struggled to beat a 15 seed on your home court and you think your team could have played better and you take something positive from this win? OK, see ya in Tampa. I really hope you did not waste your money on tickets .Watch Uconn tonight and see how championship basketball is played because Holly and the Vols seem to have forgotten.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Speaks volumes that an injury-depleted A&M is now your benchmark:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Gotta play with what you have and not pretend what you could be if this and that!

Reaction Score
Tenn I know, and their fans, are happy when they come out with a win...... if I was part of the Lady Vol nation, I would be so frustrated..... it has been a long time before they have put a good spell of solid basketball together..... It seems acceptable for them to just win..... taking today for instance..... what do their players think..... apparently that it is OK to take games off...... if this is a bit critical, OK, maybe they were all having bad days... but if only 2 players have good days..... and assuming the others are not bringing it, what does that say about the inner workings of your team..... I do not take full responsibility.... i am able to let someone else do it... the announcers say that this was a solid effort by Tenn, but I would not be happy...... I can pretty much count on a win over Boise State when i have only 2 players doing it, but what about Oregon State? and others.... Good luck to them, but I remain a skeptic.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
One thing Dean Lockwood said after the game. He was talking about Burdick and Nared. Yes they didn't shoot well today. They had 11 and 10 rebounds. They were out leading rebounders. So sometimes you just need too look at the whole pitcher Not just shooting. I think he makes a good point.

Reaction Score
One thing Dean Lockwood said after the game. He was talking about Burdick and Nared. Yes they didn't shoot well today. They had 11 and 10 rebounds. They were out leading rebounders. So sometimes you just need too look at the whole pitcher Not just shooting. I think he makes a good point.

stwainfan - maybe you are right.... just thought overall the team didn't seem like they were coming to play..... hope they play better Monday..... and get full effort from the whole team..... Dean is pretty good... I am sure he is just not saying that....

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
stwainfan - maybe you are right.... just thought overall the team didn't seem like they were coming to play..... hope they play better Monday..... and get full effort from the whole team..... Dean is pretty good... I am sure he is just not saying that....
Yes I think Dean is a pretty good coach. He has been a head coach also. He knows the game. This game just had a odd flow to it. Pitt game on Monday I expect too be diffrent.

Reaction Score
If you make it to the final 4 I hope you can play up to what Uconn is doing to a 16 seed right now!

Reaction Score
If TN plays UConn I wouldn't count on rebounding as a strategy. Tonight UConn shot 70.2 percent from the field. Even with the decrease in percentage after the walk ons and rest of the bench came in when the lead got into the 50 range. That doesn't leave many possibilities for defensive rebounding. And why are you counting Diamond? She's not even on the team until next year.:confused:

Reaction Score
Saw a lot of orange watching Uconn in the final 4 in Nashville last year. Not much will be different this year. Florida is really nice this time of year.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score

Based on the attendance at Gampel tonight (3,666) for a session where all four teams were within a two hour drive, I'm not sure UConn fans are in a position to criticize.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Based on the attendance at Gampel tonight (3,666) for a session where all four teams were within a two hour drive, I'm not sure UConn fans are in a position to criticize.

Since South Carolina had 10,644 for a Friday afternoon game against Savannah State, I'll criticize Tennessee for only having 6K+ for a Saturday afternoon game. I'm honestly shocked you guys had such a small crowd on a Saturday night, too. I won't criticize another team on their board, so I'll leave it at that. The proliferation of big screen HDTV's is really killing sports attendance in many markets and it's a darn shame. There's nothing like being there in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom