Boise, Air Force, Houston, SMU, Navy and UCF | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Boise, Air Force, Houston, SMU, Navy and UCF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Big East would get better because of the TV sets in the markets. Whether we like it or not. Why do you think the Big East has been hellbent on market sizes? To pat you on the head?

Yes, I can see millions of tv sets turning off the "Texas vs anyone" game so they don't miss SMU play Rutgers on ESPN3.

Reaction Score
Yes, I can see millions of tv sets turning off the "Texas vs anyone" game so they don't miss SMU play Rutgers on ESPN3.
Ever think the networks can co-operate to make sure the games don't overlap? What a genius you are.

Reaction Score
Ever think the networks can co-operate to make sure the games don't overlap? What a genius you are.

LOL. Don't hurt yourself coming up with those insults.

I'll play along because you're cracking me up.

So you think the networks will schedule Texas, Texas A&M, Baylor, TCU, Houston, and SMU, at different times every weekend so that all the fans in Texas can watch each game?

It's crazy to think that fans are likely to pick 1, maybe 2 games to watch right?

Reaction Score
LOL. Don't hurt yourself coming up with those insults.

I'll play along because you're cracking me up.

So you think the networks will schedule Texas, Texas A&M, Baylor, TCU, Houston, and SMU, at different times every weekend so that all the fans in Texas can watch each game?

It's crazy to think that fans are likely to pick 1, maybe 2 games to watch right?
People in Houston would watch Texas Tech vs Kansas.

Reaction Score
People in Houston would watch Texas Tech vs Kansas.

I think you meant to say "wouldn't". You're right, it's because they'd already be watching UT-Austin vs. Oklahoma State.

Reaction Score
I think you meant to say "wouldn't". You're right, it's because they'd already be watching UT-Austin vs. Oklahoma State.
I am talking to a girl from Oklahoma who has grandparents in Houston and she was complaining about having to watch that game recently while visiting her grandparents.

Reaction Score
I am talking to a girl from Oklahoma who has grandparents in Houston and she was complaining about having to watch that game recently.

Strange, most Oklahoma fans love watching their two biggest rivals play eachother. I can't wait to watch BCU play Cuse in the ACC.

Reaction Score
Strange, most Oklahoma fans love watching their two biggest rivals play eachother. I can't wait to watch BCU play Cuse in the ACC.
She doesn't care for Oklahoma football, either. I was talking about the Houston market. Pay attention.

Reaction Score
She doesn't care for Oklahoma football, either. I was talking about the Houston market. Pay attention.
The Houston market that was showing the Texas game instead of the Houston game? Sorry I can't keep up with your superior intellect.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

So you are representing the Houston market with the opinion of one person who doesn't live there. You should work for Neilson.

Reaction Score
Uh, her grandparents are part of the Houston market. They live there. And I said Texas Tech, not Texas. FairfieldCountyFan might be onto something when he mentioned a lack of reading comprehension.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Uh, her grandparents are part of the Houston market. They live there. And I said Texas Tech, not Texas. FairfieldCountyFan might be onto something when he mentioned a lack of reading comprehension.

BUT YOU ARE SHARING THE OPINION OF SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T LIVE THERE. It would be like going to the hotels at Bradley and asking the flight staffs staying at the hotels which games they are most interested in and saying those are the games Hartford is interested in. On top of the fact that IT'S ONE GO#*#(&DAMNED PERSON.

Reaction Score
BUT YOU ARE SHARING THE OPINION OF SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T LIVE THERE. It would be like going to the hotels at Bradley and asking the flight staffs staying at the hotels which games they are most interested in and saying those are the games Hartford is interested in. On top of the fact that IT'S ONE GO#*#(&DAMNED PERSON.
SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T LIVE THERE WAS SHARING AN OBSERVATION ABOUT AN OLD MAN WHO LIVES THERE AND HAS NO DIRECT LINK TO TEXAS TECH. LEARN TO READ.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I am talking to a girl from Oklahoma who has grandparents in Houston and she was complaining about having to watch that game recently while visiting her grandparents.

Moron. This is what you wrote. Maybe YOU SHOULD LEARN TO RIGHT.

Let me break it down for you. When you say 'she was complaining' that is her opinion, not the opinion of the old man who lives there. Jackass.

Reaction Score
Moron. This is what you wrote. Maybe YOU SHOULD LEARN TO RIGHT.

Let me break it down for you. When you say 'she was complaining' that is her opinion, not the opinion of the old man who lives there. Jackass.
I was only pointing out that someone in Houston actually cared to watch the Texas Tech-Kansas game. And I learned of that throught someone who was "complaining" to me about it. Her "opinion" of having to watch the game was irrelevant in making my point. Some of you belong in an insane asylum.

Reaction Score

That's even more brilliant. Texas Tech vs. Kansas gets top billing over Houston.....IN Houston, and you think sharing that story helps prove how great the Houston market will be for the Big East. And then call other people crazy?!!!

LMFAO!!!

Reaction Score
That's even more brilliant. Texas Tech vs. Kansas gets top billing over Houston.....IN Houston, and you think sharing that story helps prove how great the Houston market will be for the Big East. And then call other people crazy?!!!

LMFAO!!!
The Houston game was on 8 hours later. Genius. Yeah, you are crazy, too.

Reaction Score
Butchy. It's great that you're excited. And everyone thinks this is better than we hoped for when the raid first happened. But this is still, at least for the foreseeable future, the sixth best BCS conference. It's got some things going for it, and it has potential growth opportunities.

But if the BXII, SEC, B1G, or ACC calls any of the teams, they're out ASAP. And I don't blame them--they should be.

And for the new-comers, they should come no matter what. The new conference will be better than whatever mess they're in now.

Lastly, about the raising of the exit fee. It's not an expensive fee. And it won't be, because everyone wants to leave.

Reaction Score
The Houston game was on 8 hours later. Genius. Yeah, you are crazy, too.

Then what in the hell does your story have to do with anything?
A Big 12 game was on in Houston...stunning development considering Houston is the heart of Big 12 country.

I know a girl from Ann Arbor with family in Columbus who was complaining about the Iowa vs Indiana game being on tv. Let's add Toledo.

Reaction Score
Plus, its a female complaining about a sporting event on. My mom used to complain to my dad and I that UConn was on. Guess we need to leave the BE--not enough eyeballs in CT for UConn.

Reaction Score
Butchy. It's great that you're excited. And everyone thinks this is better than we hoped for when the raid first happened. But this is still, at least for the foreseeable future, the sixth best BCS conference. It's got some things going for it, and it has potential growth opportunities.

But if the BXII, SEC, B1G, or ACC calls any of the teams, they're out ASAP. And I don't blame them--they should be.

And for the new-comers, they should come no matter what. The new conference will be better than whatever mess they're in now.

Lastly, about the raising of the exit fee. It's not an expensive fee. And it won't be, because everyone wants to leave.
If these new schools become successful in the new Big East and and (re)build large fan bases, have a high level success out of conference, and score a nice contract, looking at all the schools in the Big XII (Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Baylor, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech) and all the schools listed in the ACC in another thread, it is very possible this conference can last quite a while. If we achieve such a level of success, I see no need to leave for another conference. We have recruiting inroads to Texas, New Jersey, Florida and Ohio, at the very least.

Florida and Texas produce the most recruits.

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1182411

We are in three above average markets (states) and the ACC is also in three above average markets. Two of the states we are in are the biggest recruiting hotbeds. The ACC is in one. Texas is not far below the average, as well. If Ohio didn't have all those MAC schools, Ohio would be above average.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/10321370/10967653

This economy is also really going to change where and how people live. SEC and B1G schools and fans are not invincible.

Reaction Score
Then what in the hell does your story have to do with anything?
A Big 12 game was on in Houston...stunning development considering Houston is the heart of Big 12 country.

I know a girl from Ann Arbor with family in Columbus who was complaining about the Iowa vs Indiana game being on tv. Let's add Toledo.
Do me a favor. Ignore my posts. Thank you.

Reaction Score
This economy is also really going to change where and how people live. SEC and B1G schools and fans are not invincible.

The changes you are talking about will take 20-30 years to have full effect. And that's if it happens as dramatically as you seem to be suggesting.

Also, Connecticut is shrinking relative to other states, so if population and demographics are all that matters, we're screwed no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom