Boise, Air Force, Houston, SMU, Navy and UCF | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Boise, Air Force, Houston, SMU, Navy and UCF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The changes you are talking about will take 20-30 years to have full effect. And that's if it happens as dramatically as you seem to be suggesting.

Also, Connecticut is shrinking relative to other states, so if population and demographics are all that matters, we're screwed no matter what.
Changes have already been taking place over the past 20-30 years. Notice the SEC has been doing better than the B1G. More people used to live in the Midwest due to the manufacturing jobs. The Bos-Wash megalopolis looks fine for a while. Richest area in the country. NYC is still the largest city in the country and is the financial hub.

Reaction Score
Changes have already been taking place over the past 20-30 years. Notice the SEC has been doing better than the B1G. More people used to live in the Midwest due to the manufacturing jobs. The Bos-Wash megalopolis looks fine for a while. Richest area in the country. NYC is still the largest city in the country and is the financial hub.

The SEC has been doing better than the B10, perhaps, in head to heads for the title. But its still a B10 team in the title game. Coming in second is not a failing season. They have had much success and frequent season with more than one BCS participant. The SEC has better coaches, and they are on a hot streak.

Reaction Score

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/er...a-second-look-at-big-east-expansion-strategy/

Interesting take on all of this by Eric Crawford over at the Louisville Courrier. He makes the case that this new Big East is essentially just the start of a national super-conference that is encircling the Big 12. Not sure how serious he takes this theory but it is something to consider. With these additions if the Big 12 does fall apart several of their members would be within the New Big East footprint.

Reaction Score

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/er...a-second-look-at-big-east-expansion-strategy/

Interesting take on all of this by Eric Crawford over at the Louisville Courrier. He makes the case that this new Big East is essentially just the start of a national super-conference that is encircling the Big 12. Not sure how serious he takes this theory but it is something to consider. With these additions if the Big 12 does fall apart several of their members would be within the New Big East footprint.

tell me you didn't take that video seriously.

Reaction Score
tell me you didn't take that video seriously.

If you read what I wrote I took it all with a grain of salt. Reading comprehension is fundamental. It is still true though that our footprint would be extended in such a way that if the Big 12 dissolves several of their members would now be very much in the footprint of the conference.

The NY Post has an article today regarding the potential new TV deal and the consultant who helped land the Pac 12 deal is advising the Big East right now and says the Big East is still relatively well positioned due to the facts that we all know that no other major conference will be up for bid for the next decade. If they can add the six main targets and get a favorable TV deal there is no telling how stable this configuration could become.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/basketball/new_program_for_big_east_tv_AbCKpkDFWD0LiFvp5VpVIK

Reaction Score
If you read what I wrote I took it all with a grain of salt. Reading comprehension is fundamental.
Come on HH, you expect people to actually read what you write AND comprehend it correctly. Now you're just being greedy. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom