Boeheim Spilling Secrets | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Boeheim Spilling Secrets

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Jimmy B is acustomed to no one outside the Carrier Dome hearing or caring about what he says. #regionalprogramproblems

Reaction Score
Melo dominated some of his competition that season, but not the big dogs.

I give Boeheim a pass here. I totally understood his point. I think it shows Melo took real classes and that Cuse didn't fluff his grades for the Wooden Award. Good job.

I have no problem with it and picking at him for this is ridiculous in the same vein that many criticisms of Jim Calhoun were nonsense.

Reaction Score
Was that the only semester that Carmelo completed?

Many players who declare early for the draft as he did do not complete the spring semester to prepare for the draft.

Reaction Score
Help me out-----we BEAT his ass twice that year. Once in Hartford and once at MSG in the tournament. The sub regional was in Albany and the regional was in Boston----easy road to the FF.

Reaction Score
Help me out-----we BEAT his ass twice that year. Once in Hartford and once at MSG in the tournament. The sub regional was in Albany and the regional was in Boston----easy road to the FF.

Who cares? Louisville blew us out 3 times last year, our sub regional was in Buffalo and regional in MSG. Doesn't mean anything.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
A lot of big time college basketball players aren't really cut out(PREPARE) for higher education (I don't know if 'Melo is one of these guys or not), so I respect guys that try hard despite not being as prepared as normal college students.

Again, I'm all for a Cuse pineda bashing session, but we'd be singing a much different tune if it was one of our players with these grades. KO revealed last week in an article that Terrence struggled academically early in his freshman year. I don't know what the exact grades were, but it shouldn't really matter (again, provided he was eligible) - freshman struggling academically is far from abnormal.

I am with you on this. Perhaps we should read the book before we start commenting on one-liners. There are 2 issues that come to mind here: why is an active coach listing the actual grades of a past player who is still active? Does this represent a lack of sophistication- maybe the publishers/editors failed to point it out to him, but when ahead and got permission from Melo. 'Hi Melo, is it ok that coach writes that you received all Cs? 2nd, he wants to point out to the world that he took a chance on Melo when others turned away and look at him now (not to mention that we got a ton of money from this kid for a building. Didn't they?) Without reading the book it is hard to say anything concrete and therefore everything is sayable.[/QUOTE]
A lot of agreement with you. Two issues that make the board pric_kly about this article. CR and the bogus APR issue which UConn suffered severely at a critical time in CR. So anything that remotely demonstrates the fiasco of that contrived ruling brings out vitriol.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Who cares? Louisville blew us out 3 times last year, our sub regional was in Buffalo and regional in MSG. Doesn't mean anything.

Yeah, I never bought that about Cuse. The only tournament thing that bothers me is the Duke and NC annual home game subregional. And Duke is annually seeded too high, but whatever, they lose anyway so I guess it doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom