bobs gotta go | Page 3 | The Boneyard

bobs gotta go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I've been in a catatonic state since we only got one play off in 17 seconds in the Navy game. I'm building a civil suit against BD. He must pay for his crimes.

Reaction Score
I've been in a catatonic state since we only got one play off in 17 seconds in the Navy game. I'm building a civil suit against BD. He must pay for his crimes.
rhat was the moment my family contacted DCF. Can I use you as a character witness?

Reaction Score
Why not e-mail Suzy to get rid of Larry McHugh.

Suzy likes her weak board. Look at the members, 5 politicians, 2 students, 2 former BB players and a couple of lawyers. Two insurance exec below the CEO level, an Indian chief and a single member from the Fairfield County investment community. The chair is the head of the Middlesex County Chamber, think about that for a minute. This is the best a top 20 public U could do? One of the problems UConn has always had is that there has not been enough emphasis placed on getting a strong board that leveraged the senior corporate talent available in the state, especially in Fairfield County.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He knows exactly what to fix, but didn't feel like it today I guess.

snake-oil.jpeg

There - DONE!​

Reaction Score
Suzy likes her weak board. Look at the members, 5 politicians, 2 students, 2 former BB players and a couple of lawyers. Two insurance exec below the CEO level, an Indian chief and a single member from the Fairfield County investment community. The chair is the head of the Middlesex County Chamber, think about that for a minute. This is the best a top 20 public U could do? One of the problems UConn has always had is that there has not been enough emphasis placed on getting a strong board that leveraged the senior corporate talent available in the state, especially in Fairfield County.

and a vet? How often did we hear conference affiliation is the responsibility of the university Presidents?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
My 90 year old grandmother on Thanksgiving goes to me "I saw on the news the football coach say he knows what the problem and he knows how to fix it? Hasn't he been there a few years now trying to fix that problem.."

Yup.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
I call BS on this. The team didn't quit at all.

you did watch the tulane vs uconn game right? or the BC vs Uconn game? If giving up back to back 30pt scores to two of the worst teams in CFB while simultaneously getting shutout for almost a month on the offensive end doesn't constitute quitting im not sure what does.

Reaction Score
The Middlesex Chamber is actually the largest and most powerful in the state. Everyone running for statewide office for example wants to address it. Larry can get any politician in Connecticut to answer his calls. And any corporate CEO too. Hartford? Nope. Fairfield County? Nope. But Larry you bet.

Reaction Score
The Middlesex Chamber is actually the largest and most powerful in the state. Everyone running for statewide office for example wants to address it. Larry can get any politician in Connecticut to answer his calls. And any corporate CEO too. Hartford? Nope. Fairfield County? Nope. But Larry you bet.
Think about this, the Chairman of the UConn Board of Trustees is a former teacher and coach from Xavier. Isn't UConn aspiring to be a world class institution of higher education? Either have a deep pocket Chairman or a highly accomplished recognized leader as Chairman, like John Rowe was. Having McHugh as Chairman seems so provincial at a time when UConn needs deep financial and/or institutional connections to continue to grow as a university.

Reaction Score

Who knew? I bow before the economic, political and social power of Bob's Surplus, Goodspeed Opera House, Lyman's Apple Barrel , and the Gris.

Reaction Score
If that's the case then it's time for good Ol' Larry to call some of these CEO's and get some money together for a buyout! His act is getting old as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom