Bob Joyce just signed off WTIC 1080 this morning | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bob Joyce just signed off WTIC 1080 this morning

Reaction Score
It’s absolutely baffling how bad the Yankees’ radio and TV broadcasts are. As a Red Sox fan, I don’t even wish those duos on Yanks fans.
I like the Yanks tv broadcasts especially with Kay,Cone and O’Neil. They are fine by me

Reaction Score
I’m as die-hard a Yankee fan as they come..the Yankee radio team is embarrassing and not even fit for youth league sports! The sad thing..that loser Sterling ran off Charlie Steiner!

Here's another Yankee fan who can't stand John Sterling. He is simply an embarrassment to baseball broadcasting. The sad thing is, just before Sterling the Yankees had Hank Greenwald as their radio guy, and he was really good.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I like the Yanks tv broadcasts especially with Kay,Cone and O’Neil. They are fine by me

Kay is better than Sterling, but that is not saying much. I don't like him either as a play by play guy. However, Kay does quite well on his interview show. The Yankees are in dire need of broadcasters with some professional experience, only Ken Singleton fits that bill, and he is really good. Too bad he isn't on the air all that much, and that he is retiring after this season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not to turn this into a Red Sox thread but the worst person doing Sox games is the random Jonny Gomes nights. His voice is awful, he provides no insight and when they pan to him in the booth he is dressed like a sophomore goth kid at homecoming.
I'm not a Sox fan but I'm a baseball fan. After a few games of Gomes even Eckersley seems great. Remy is the guy that makes it work. O'Brien is like every other announcer these days. Some intern is feeding him all these stats and he feels like he has to let us hear every one.

Reaction Score
Chris Jones does a fantastic job calling UConn baseball.

Would love for him to get a shot at basketball.

But they're probably going for a more established name and basketball is much harder to call.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom