Bob Joyce just signed off WTIC 1080 this morning | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bob Joyce just signed off WTIC 1080 this morning

Reaction Score
Best announcing team I ever heard were Ned Martin and Jim Woods in the mid 70's. I listen to a lot of Diamondback games and they have a very good duo.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Best announcing team I ever heard were Ned Martin and Jim Woods in the mid 70's. I listen to a lot of Diamondback games and they have a very good duo.
Ned Martin and Bob Montgomery - TV38 days.

Reaction Score
Not to turn this into a Red Sox thread but the worst person doing Sox games is the random Jonny Gomes nights. His voice is awful, he provides no insight and when they pan to him in the booth he is dressed like a sophomore goth kid at homecoming.

Jonny gomes..I almost died when they were talking about Jackie Bradley struggling with his hitting and was sitting out of the game they were announcing and Dave said he needs some time off and Johnny replies.yeah he needs some time to decompose.Head bang

Reaction Score
My sister posted on Facebook a couple of days ago that the Whalercanes are letting Chuck Kaiton go. He would be interesting to listen to doing Husky football, hockey, & the occasional men's hoop games schedule permitting. Just Sayin'. (But it won't happen)

Reaction Score
Maybe that is my issue then. I don't listen to games on the radio nearly as much as I used to.

One last thing before I drop the Red Sox angle of this thread...Red Sox fans can surely count our blessings that we don't have to suffer Susyn Waldman and John Sterling.

I wish that I could "like" this a thousand times instead of just once....

Reaction Score
Joe D is officially out as voice of men's hoops and football. He just announced it on the Twitter.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Also re: Gomes; the other night when they had the NESN internship winner in the booth (happened to be a very attractive young woman) he was standing like 2 inches away from her with the creepiest look on his face. I know it’s a small booth and there were a couple extra people in there but it was really weird. My buddy texted me the same thing as it was going down.

I’m not a Red Sox fan but find their broadcasts less annoying than YES so watch it when I don’t feel like screwing with MLB.tv.

Gomes is the worst ‘broadcaster’ I’ve ever heard.

And I owned a Tampa Bay Devil Rays Gomes Shirzy.

Reaction Score
While I am NOT a big Joe D fan, as a Husky fan who has long lived very out of state, his distinctive voice makes me homesick for CT and the Huskies instantly when I hear it. So I have positive attachment to his voice, despite his shortcomings as an announcer. I guess what I'm saying is that Joe's a hack, but he's been OUR hack!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I’m not a Red Sox fan but find their broadcasts less annoying than YES so watch it when I don’t feel like screwing with MLB.tv.

Gomes is the worst ‘broadcaster’ I’ve ever heard.

And I owned a Tampa Bay Devil Rays Gomes Shirzy.
I feel so bad for Yankees fans when it comes to their broadcasters. Nothing is worse than getting out of work and putting on 97.9 for the drive home and finding out the Yankees have an afternoon game. Listening to a 700 yr old man say “Miggy is getting jiggy with it! Andujar hit it far!” is not my idea of a good time.

Reaction Score
I feel so bad for Yankees fans when it comes to their broadcasters. Nothing is worse than getting out of work and putting on 97.9 for the drive home and finding out the Yankees have an afternoon game. Listening to a 700 yr old man say “Miggy is getting jiggy with it! Andujar hit it far!” is not my idea of a good time.

“An A-Bomb, from Arod” is the worst call ever but I still hear it whenever I hear Arod’s name.

Anyways, if Joe D doesn’t get the job I hope he tricky dribbles into retirement.

Reaction Score
How about that though - Kaiton and Joe D in the same week, basically.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Grew up with Rizzuto, White, and Messer. Pure gold.

Murcer was great too. When he used to bust Scooter’s balls and ask him what “WW” meant in the scorebook he kept.

“Wasn’t watching”.

Nothing better than Phil Rizzuto talking about Cora his wife and her cannolis or something else she was making for Scooter. Bill White would get so frustrated at times, but that's what made it so fun to listen to them. I loved them on channel 11 WPIX back in the day

Reaction Score
I’m as die-hard a Yankee fan as they come..the Yankee radio team is embarrassing and not even fit for youth league sports! The sad thing..that loser Sterling ran off Charlie Steiner!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Grew up with Rizzuto, White, and Messer. Pure gold.

Murcer was great too. When he used to bust Scooter’s balls and ask him what “WW” meant in the scorebook he kept.
“Wasn’t watching”.

Also loved the tv trio of Kaat, Singleton and Kay

Reaction Score
I’m as die-hard a Yankee fan as they come..the Yankee radio team is embarrassing and not even fit for youth league sports! The sad thing..that loser Sterling ran off Charlie Steiner!

Sterling’s original HR call for Stanton was an abortion.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I’m so relieved to see the Yankees fans in this thread hate Sterling as much as I do. I’m sure there are fans out there who get off on them. Probably dudes from Staten Island whose winter coat have patches from each World Series ironed on.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
One of them had to go. Their voices were far too similar. They got rid of the wrong guy, though.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I’m so relieved to see the Yankees fans in this thread hate Sterling as much as I do. I’m sure there are fans out there who get off on them.
I had a buddy just tell me that he kinda likes Sterling these days. He also wants to sleep with Waldman.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It’s absolutely baffling how bad the Yankees’ radio and TV broadcasts are. As a Red Sox fan, I don’t even wish those duos on Yanks fans.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom