Bob Diaco | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Bob Diaco

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
"We’re interested in building a unit that loves each other (and) loves being with their teammates and coaches and coaches with their players," Diaco explained. "We’re interested in building a player that understands that the minute he decelerates and takes a second to pat himself on the back somebody’s gonna pass him immediately by. "We’re interested in creating players and developing players that just love hard work. They bring the same energy to every task – we talk about it all the time."

Kevin Ollie or Bob Diaco?

I heard from a high-ranking source at Notre Dame that Diaco despises escalators

Reaction Score
I heard from a high-ranking source at Notre Dame that Diaco despises escalators

Guess we should just hand you a media credential now and boom you're a journalist!

Reaction Score
Notre Dame's Kelly, Swarbrick say UConn made right choice
http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20131212/BLOGS02/131219747

• Kelly: "Connecticut hired the perfect man to lead their football program into the future. Bob Diaco possesses every characteristic necessary to be successful. He's a top-notch recruiter, tremendous leader of young men and brilliant coach. Bob was arguably the top coordinator in the country as demonstrated by our defense over the last few years. He played an immense role that ultimately helped our program reach four consecutive bowl games, including the 2013 BCS National Championship game."
  • Swarbrick: "Bob Diaco is a great coach who made a major impact on our program and the young men he mentored while at Notre Dame. He loves to teach, and his passion for the young men with whom he works is evident in everything Bob does. Connecticut has found the perfect man to build a program that will deliver sustained success on the field, in the classroom and in the community."

Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see the semi-short-term effect of this hire. Based on me, the fan base will be re-energized:

1. Now considering taking the plunge for season tix
2. I registered for the-boneyard.com

That's got to be worth something.

Awesome...not a plunge on the tix. It will be the "ride" of a lifetime. Plus pre-game in the rent is worth it all.
The plunge is the last 2 years plus 4 games.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'd like to personally thank Coach Diaco for not demanding to stay with The Irish through the Pinstripe Bowl. Now I don't have to root for Notre Dame while holding my nose. I can go back to hoping Yankee Stadium gets struck by lightning and they call it a draw.

Reaction Score
Loved the fact that he ended his press conference, by telling fans (and fans-to-be) that UConn football ("it'll be the best show in town"). He gets it!!! UConn is not just competing on the field, not just competing for conference championships - it is competing for the entertainment dollar (and viewership). The product needs to be exciting and he sounds like that's his plan.

Too damn bad, that UConn didn't see the need for this when Randy left and made a hire such as this at the time to use as a springboard to build on what was rapidly growing into a formidable college football program. Instead, they went with a safe, conservative, lazy (IMO) hire and brought in a retread.

That was then and this is now. Very excited that they brought this guy in with no ties to the conservative ways of the past.

Reaction Score
Loved the fact that he ended his press conference, by telling fans (and fans-to-be) that UConn football ("it'll be the best show in town"). He gets it!!! UConn is not just competing on the field, not just competing for conference championships - it is competing for the entertainment dollar (and viewership). The product needs to be exciting and he sounds like that's his plan.

Too damn bad, that UConn didn't see the need for this when Randy left and made a hire such as this at the time to use as a springboard to build on what was rapidly growing into a formidable college football program. Instead, they went with a safe, conservative, lazy (IMO) hire and brought in a retread.

That was then and this is now. Very excited that they brought this guy in with no ties to the conservative ways of the past.
Agree with comments on BD. Not fair re: comments on Uconn. RE left Uconn in the lurch. Jan. 2, 2011. Uconn needs new head fb coach. You think we could have made the same reasoned decision then as now? This is on RE. This is his legacy. Disarray. And I am a Randy apologist. But this is his legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom