Bob Diaco | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Bob Diaco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
nd player reactions - appears to be well-liked

http://www.ndnation.com/boards/showpost.php?b=football;pid=97482;d=this

Jaylon Smith ‏@JaeeSmiff9ENT 2m
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Nicky Baratti ‏@NickyBaratti 2m
Wtf

Jay Hayes ‏@JayHayesNY 6m
Wow Coach Diaco left..

stephon tuitt ‏@DOCnation_7 1m
Lol this program!!!! Everything is kept a secret!!!! I guess this is called come here make something out of yourself and leave.
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jaylon-Smith-125963

Better hire than Lembo. By many miles.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wow this "kid" is the one........dynamic, young and as Sweet says it helps he's freaking Clark Kent..........if he can recruit like they say Warde Manuel may actually win some of the schmucks back who gave him no chance.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
UConn Athletic department up early. Received this at 6:00am EST (10:00pm here in Sydney).

upload_2013-12-12_22-7-0.jpeg

Reaction Score
ha, where abouts in CG? I have family there. Dammit Nicky if you aren't likeable except for the whole Rutgers thing.
My family actually is living in W.Caldwell off bloomfield ave but in off season Bob can be seen in a few of the local watering holes around the general area and seems a down to earth likable guy!?! Damn.sorry I took so long to reply but BDs hire fired me up and had me up way too late last night!! I conked out at my laptop exhausted.Why does good news always become available so late and w/o warning?You would'nt know any Ritaccos from Verona would you ?Lopez's from W/Caldwell ?

Reaction Score
ha, where abouts in CG? I have family there. Dammit Nicky if you aren't likeable except for the whole Rutgers thing.
Geez Mike what would you think of me if I came here on false pretenses? I've followed RU probably b4 you were born("65") or so? It should be enough I really like UConn and 1 or 2 other schools? Remember as an former marine loyalty is important to me and as bad as RU can be(and I'm not an alum) its about state pride with me. When we aren't playing each other I always pull for UConn! I can't stand BC or SU though but really try to avoid denigrating anyone for karma's sake!!I always read and enjoy your posts and pj,dooley,tzzandrew,upstater,conehead,fishy(cant forget UConnell guys) and a few others! I really identify with most of UConns fans and the great state of Connecticut!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Me thinks narduzzi to Rutgers next year, probably wants to stay in the B1G and Rutgers might pay more, also gives him more time to build his resume and get a better job/more money out of Rutgers or another school
I really hope so as CFB needs to get up to snuff here in the tri state area and RU/UConn has to take control of the region!! We'll for RU the only saving grace was the 21 early commit class is salvaged but I'd change places with you guyz in a heartbeat for Diaco OR Narduzzi !! You guys won't be worrying much about recruiting and talent now for awhile and I'm real happy for youz! About time we had good news here!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As an RU fan, I wanted to chime in that this seems like a really terrific hire! Diaco was a guy that many of us had hoped would have been brought in after Schiano left (but we probably couldn't have paid him the $1.5 million you guys are rightfully shelling out). I'm sure he'll help to turn things around from the Pasqualoni era pretty quickly!

(A special thank-you also for leaving ND without a DC for our bowl game.)
From what I saw ND's Linebackers could coach the D and still beat your Rutgirls.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The hair thing is taking on a life of its own. Seemed to work out pretty well for Jimmy Johnson.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
So did you. It should be "paesano".

Your spelling is pronounced basically the same (pie for pai; pay for pae) but translates to peasant.

Look up the words Paisano & Paesano.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Your spelling is pronounced basically the same (pie for pai; pay for pae) but translates to peasant.

Look up the words Paisano & Paesano.

With all due respect I don't need to look it up. I lived there for several years and can speak the language. Paesano comes from paese meaning country and means someone from your country or countryman. Makes sense within the context that it used doesn't it? It can also mean peasant depending on the context.

I do not believe "paisan" is an actual, proper word in the Italian language but rather is American slang/misspelling derived possibly from a regional dialect. Again, from having lived there I can tell you that when someone wants to refer to a fellow countryman they say "paesano".

Reaction Score
With all due respect I don't need to look it up. I lived there for several years and can speak the language. Paesano comes from paese meaning country and means someone from your country or countryman. Makes sense within the context that it used doesn't it? It can also mean peasant depending on the context.

I do not believe "paisan" is an actual, proper word in the Italian language but rather is American slang/misspelling derived possibly from a regional dialect. Again, from having lived there I can tell you that when someone wants to refer to a fellow countryman they say "paesano".

Ti Parli Italiano?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Never lived in Italy (I do own a place in Rome howver and have been there many times) and never looked too closely at spelling while I was there but if you are correct and paesano does not translate to peasant I will look up my HS Italian teacher (who I haven't seen since 1976) and renew an argument that I had with him ~ 38 years ago.

Reaction Score
Andrew Callahan ‏@UConnFB_Andrew 6h
Now, pressure will be on Diaco to produce soon. High-ranking #UConn official told me program needs post-season TV $ badly in next 5 years.

Game on.

I hope people chill and give this guy the year to get his systems in place. No freak out next year. Guy needs time to build it.

By the way, what is postseason TV money? I don't even understand what that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom