Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Best quote from the RU ri vals board:

We are missing a paison HC like Diaco and Narduzzi. Need that element

Reaction Score

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Great hire tzzzandrew,I suggested him 8 monthes ago and was laughed at by some here?Now they love it?He's from Cedar Grove,NJ in my neighborhood and the buzz will be back with quality recruits!!!I'm really excited about this guys!
ha, where abouts in CG? I have family there. Dammit Nicky if you aren't likeable except for the whole Rutgers thing.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Coming to The Rent in 2014... #InDiacoWeTrust

BobDiaco.jpg

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
Certainly beats our last coaching Christmas present!

DGQafzc.gif
Wife looked at me oddly as spit out my drink. The funniest thing I have seen on here so far. Now if only we can hear him say, "The UNiversity has given me the honor of telling you that in 18 months we will be playing (insert) BIG/ACC."

Reaction Score
Who's going to be on the market next year? Narduzzi is better than Flood. I suspect it's more likely they have a candidate in mind who may not be available yet. Greg Schiano?
I really can't understand the wisdom in waiting another yr but what do I know? I thought RU might go after Diaco after he missed on the BC job last yr but are they willing to spend 2+M for a homerun? My friend claimed the donor money was there this yr when I thought KF was gone but either JH like you said has her eye on someone or lacks the "juice" to make the final decision on her own as a rookie AD? Maybe the Diaco hire can backfire against BC and help push them into obscurity?I'm sure Diaco did'nt forget their lack of confidence in his youth! One thing I know is he'll soon push Dazzy for the best recruits in the NE!!

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Hmmm (in a good way)... "Diaco instilled a belief system in a group that was mentally scarred from the hard luck, hard coaching and multiple schemes employed under Charlie Weis."
Diaco was my 2nd pick. I'm happy with it. Wonder if he keeps TJ as OC? They know each other very well. From what I understand, Diaco is a terrific recruiter.

Reaction Score
It's funny and all, but enough with the PP bashing. They guy tried, but was just way out of his element 10 years later dealing with college kids. The game had changed tremendously. He was a bad hire, but there is no need to kick the man while he's down. He is a VERY respected coach amongst his peers and a CT guy.

I'm all for moving on from PP as his time is over. But he's still a POS in my mind and if it was raining and he was broken down, trying to fix his car, I'd make sure I hit a big puddle as I drove by.

The only thing(s) he cared about was GDL, his high school coaching buddies and money. .

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I really can't understand the wisdom in waiting another yr but what do I know? I thought RU might go after Diaco after he missed on the BC job last yr but are they willing to spend 2+M for a homerun? My friend claimed the donor money was there this yr when I thought KF was gone but either JH like you said has her eye on someone or lacks the "juice" to make the final decision on her own as a rookie AD? Maybe the Diaco hire can backfire against BC and help push them into obscurity?I'm sure Diaco did'nt forget their lack of confidence in his youth! One thing I know is he'll soon push Dazzy for the best recruits in the NE!!
Me thinks narduzzi to Rutgers next year, probably wants to stay in the B1G and Rutgers might pay more, also gives him more time to build his resume and get a better job/more money out of Rutgers or another school

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
MarkPacker9:52pm via Web
Tough night for Notre Dame....basketball team loses at home to North Dakota State & the football team loses its DC (Bob Diaco) to UConn.
I still shake my head that we can't get into the ACC with the likes of SU, Pitt, ND, and Louisville. ND State no matter how many teams they have upset should never beat Notre Dame!

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121213aab.html

Things to potentially expect here:

In his first season at Notre Dame in 2010, Diaco switched defensive schemes from a blitzing 4-3 defense the Irish utilized in 2009 and installed a 3-4 no-crease defense. Diaco's defense became immediately better as the Irish allowed 5.69 fewer points per game, 40.5 fewer yards per game, averaged one half sacks more per game and forced more turnovers in 2010 than 2009. The Irish played in the Sun Bowl that season.

In his only season at Cincinnati (2009), he was charged with replacing 10 starters on the Bearcats' defense, including every player on the front seven for 2009. The Bearcats recorded 110 tackles for loss in 2009 (8.46 per game) to rank third in the nation. They totaled 37 sacks and tied for 10th in the country averaging 2.85 sacks per contest. Cincinnati's defense allowed 3.6 rushing yards per carry. He groomed safety Aaron Webster in a First Team All-BIG EAST pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom