Bob Diaco is a loser | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bob Diaco is a loser

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
he has to find his way as a head coach, I'm certainly not writing him off yet

but there had better be a whole lot of improvement next year, we can't keep embarrassing ourselves, it just has to stop

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I can't believe that Manuel is Teflon with all this. He had to nail this hire! How does Hathoway get constantly skewered and this guy skates?

because it's year one

Reaction Score
Faith in Diaco, albeit blind faith I believe he will improve the team. he has been successful everywhere he has gone. Not sure why UCONN would derail his success. In three years we contend for the American

Reaction Score
What last glowing embers of hope? This place really amazes me sometimes. I'm going to chalk it up to emotion because this blame game is garbage. In case you have been hiding under a rock for 3 years ... NEWSFLASH!!!! we have sucked consistently each year and have had losing records. To call out a man taking over a dumpster fire and compare him with a man who took over a BCS bowl program is a dumb comparison.

Dude - I get it. But there is a reality here. At this point it's all about how you compete. This team is not a single bit better than it was last year. In fact, they are worse.

Reaction Score
Dude - I get it. But there is a reality here. At this point it's all about how you compete. This team is not a single bit better than it was last year. In fact, they are worse.

Again I disagree. Outside of this game this team competes every game. You can't compare last years team with Casey to this one... that is NOT a fair comparison. Try last years team vs UCF and Buffalo those are non Casey fair comparisons.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They were going to be. Look at all of the players starting a year ago that are not currently on the roster. New systems, new staff, new culture. They were going to be worse than last year. It was expected.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
In what way? Because they didn't execute, or because they didn't go for 4-16?

Kicking a field goal with that kind of
deficit is a joke. Rutgers did it yesterday too. It just looks ridiculous to pretend that 41-3 is something different than 41-0.

Reaction Score
deficit is a joke. Rutgers did it yesterday too. It just looks ridiculous to pretend that 41-3 is something different than 41-0.

Your right they should have just gone for it because they could have mounted a special come back rather than avoid a shut out.

Reaction Score

Was it from the left or right hash? Maybe Puyol needed the practice. Either that or he wanted to make sure he got in every game?

Reaction Score
It's not a shut out.
Wasn't this after missing 2 4-1 efforts as well.
Going for it would have been worse.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Your right they should have just gone for it because they could have mounted a special come back rather than avoid a shut out.

OMG yes that was exactly my point!

Not sure what we did to deserve your special brand of cluelessness this morning but thanks!

Reaction Score
1. Lol at the notion we belong in P5
2. Diaco is a loser
3. No one should feel bad if they stop watching this garbage, next year he better prove he's the man for the job
4. I didn't think we could be worse than under PP, I was wrong.
I don't mean to call you out, but I absolutely can't stand when people on here point to the current state of the football program as proof that UConn doesn't belong in a P5 conference. Especially when - unlike some of the other dumpster fired who received invites - UConn has proven that it can be successful.

So, just for perspective, let's take a look at the ACC and B1G additions.

ACC:
1. Boston College - aside from hockey, their entire athletic department has been in shambles since shortly after leaving the Big East.
2. Virginia Tech - solid addition, but nothing more.
3. Miami - I'm stealing this quote from someone, but Miami has shown an impressive combo of cheating like an SEC team, yet still losing like an ACC team. (Golden could be a great hire, though.)
4. Pitt - see Virginia Tech.
5. Syracuse - even people who go there don't give a crap about the football program.

B1G:
1. Nebraska - legendary football program. They've been the exception during realignment.
2. Maryland - garbage program.
3. Rutgers - LOL.

(And this isn't even factoring in schools like Northwestern and Wake Forest, which have never been competitive in anything.)

The fact of the matter is UConn spends an is committed to athletic success at a level above non-P5 members (and above some P5 members). They belong.

Reaction Score
OMG yes that was exactly my point!

Not sure what we did to deserve your special brand of cluelessness this morning but thanks!
Come on. Did you really think we could win at that point.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Come on. Did you really think we could win at that point.

Yes Marty I think it's weak to kick a field goal because I thought UConn had a chance to score 6 tds and win 42-41.

Playing to not get shut out is such a p#ssy move.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I don't mean to call you out, but I absolutely can't stand when people on here point to the current state of the football program as proof that UConn doesn't belong in a P5 conference. Especially when - unlike some of the other dumpster fired who received invites - UConn has proven that it can be successful.

So, just for perspective, let's take a look at the ACC and B1G additions.

ACC:
1. Boston College - aside from hockey, their entire athletic department has been in shambles since shortly after leaving the Big East.
2. Virginia Tech - solid addition, but nothing more.
3. Miami - I'm stealing this quote from someone, but Miami has shown an impressive combo of cheating like an SEC team, yet still losing like an ACC team. (Golden could be a great hire, though.)
4. Pitt - see Virginia Tech.
5. Syracuse - even people who go there don't give a crap about the football program.

B1G:
1. Nebraska - legendary football program. They've been the exception during realignment.
2. Maryland - garbage program.
3. Rutgers - LOL.

(And this isn't even factoring in schools like Northwestern and Wake Forest, which have never been competitive in anything.)

The fact of the matter is UConn spends an is committed to athletic success at a level above non-P5 members (and above some P5 members). They belong.
Current state? How bout the last four years? How about we are worse than when we transitioned to D1? If we maintained ANY competency since the Fiesta Bowl then fine. But we are worse than when we started, and we started less than D1. Football wise, I would rather be ANY one of the teams you mention. They at least show occasional signs of life. We are flatlined.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Diaco gets this year, next year, year after, whatever it doesn't matter one bit. We've flatlined. Getting 40k to a game any time in the next year or two is a pipe dream at this point. I hope they give anyone dumb enough to re-up next year (me) chair backs for their sacrifice. Rebuilding a fan base is much harder than getting them to commit the first go round.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
At some point people need to admit that whatever the plan was, it was a terrible failure. All the interior decorating and foundation building mean squat if you don't have a strategy to win on gameday, or a least build towards a winning team as the season progressed. We were never building, just playing musical chairs with the players. Many here sensed that early on.

I gave myself the night to think things over before posting, but nothing has changed. Diaco has been a disaster, and there were multiple times last night where I wanted to grab him by the ear and yell, "What the hell are you doing?" He should send letters of apology to Boyle, Whitmer, all of our running backs, Foxx, and I'm sure a couple of others for the way that he handled them last night and throughout the season.

1) Pick a damned QB! I don't care which. Pick one. Playing three different QB's in the first quarter alone is a recipe for disaster. Nobody has a rhythm. Turnovers from both. Stupid stupid stupid plan.

2) Unless your name is "Foxx", don't use your QB's as your running backs. If I see Boyle or Whitmer run another option or bootleg again, I'm going to throw up. We have 4 very capable running backs, and we don't bother using them until the 4th quarter when it's way too late. We have the friggin' horses, so USE THEM!!!

3) You cannot rush 3 against an accomplished QB with some wheels, and expect it to end well. Kudos to Adams on the first pick, but that was a situation for disaster.

4) You cannot do all of the aforementioned things when you had an extra week to prepare for your opponent. Good God. What do you need to get it right? A month? A year?

I think that the most telling thing for me was that I started daydreaming in the 4th quarter that I had more money than Burton and that I would give Warde the buyout cost so that he could go get Weist back. I want you to let that sink in. I wanted to have multi-million dollars in my bank account so that I could go back and get our interim coach back. Holy hell. God save me, because I've run out of my vitamin D whilst I was tapping too many rocks...

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Could someone please explain to me why Diaco was celebrating, jumping up and down like a little kid after Cincy's FG kicker shanked one? Hey Bob, you're down 41-0 and you're celebrating a FG miss by the opponent? That one video moment speaks volumes about this clueless idiot. I'm sorry, but he should be ashamed of himself for that ridiculous display.

I was never in favor of getting rid of Wiest. The decision to hire this clown is all on Warde Manuel now. The buck stops with him, and we're now going to have to live with his mistake for a few more years. I don't think it's too early to declare it a total catastrophe. I really hope I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
I believe we are running the option going forward and they wanted to see what Tim could do. Next year we will only have 2 qb's next year capable of playing in our system. Add that the oline is years away. Now we need 35 +/- scholarship players and where the number will come from I don't know. We should start with a new offensive coordinator.

Reaction Score
Yes Marty I think it's weak to kick a field goal because I thought UConn had a chance to score 6 tds and win 42-41.

Playing to not get shut out is such a p#ssy move.
I don't think Diaco was playing to not get shut out. I think it was a matter of ending the drive with 3 points vs 0. I think, at that point in the game, you coach without respect to the score. It's a blow-out. So you play to what conventional wisdom says, which is take the chip shot and put 3 points up. The game was lost at that point, so you look for creating opportunities for the players to have some success. the fact that uconn missed, was just indicative of how poorly the entire team executed last night from all angles.

I'm not a football expert but how many arm tackles were broken last night? probably more than the yards uconn's offense had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom