Bob Diaco is a loser | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bob Diaco is a loser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
This team is just bad. If it's not fixed in year 3 or 4, then he is out. It's cliche, but give him some time. Criticize, but realize! I for one still believe in the program, maybe not the team but the program. Bleed Blue!! Namaste..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Left after third quarter. Listened on radio. They said that uconn is only using 61 scholarships. What's up with that? No way can you be competitive with teams with 85 scholarship players.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
This team is just bad. If it's not fixed in year 3 or 4, then he is out. It's cliche, but give him some time. Criticize, but realize! I for one still believe in the program, maybe not the team but the program. Bleed Blue!! Namaste..
3 or 4? We do not have the luxury.
I am thinking Weist was a better option. I think we all bought into pretty boy ND pedigree et al.
Zoo is right. What was it he said about making a train wreck worse? I cannot remember that post but it is spot on. Diaco cannot coach.

Reaction Score
I'm not trying to defend what I have seen, but the dismissals of Ashiru and Abrams this week speaks volumes about the problems Diaco inherited. How are redshirt juniors leaving the team in late November? Does anyone think the dismissals had anything to do with the lackluster play tonight?

If I get this right, there were 61 scholarship players active for the game. Folks, that is basically an FCS scholarship number. Probably the 3 best players Cochran, Jones and Davis missed a lot of the season. Plus, UConn had a very green O-line.

I have to admit that I am not sold on Diaco right now. How can you be? I really don't like hearing him saying that he inherited a mess. Man up! I'm hoping for the best and I think Diaco is targeting the right players, so I am cautiously optimistic.

Bottom line is that I will continue to support the program and Diaco.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Agree on Weist but can't go back now. Did he land anywhere?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm not trying to defend what I have seen, but the dismissals of Ashiru and Abrams this week speaks volumes about the problems Diaco inherited. How are redshirt juniors leaving the team in late November? Does anyone think the dismissals had anything to do with the lackluster play tonight?

If I get this right, there were 61 scholarship players active for the game. Folks, that is basically an FCS scholarship number. Probably the 3 best players Cochran, Jones and Davis missed a lot of the season. Plus, UConn had a very green O-line.

I have to admit that I am not sold on Diaco right now. How can you be? I really don't like hearing him saying that he inherited a mess. Man up! I'm hoping for the best and I think Diaco is targeting the right players, so I am cautiously optimistic.

Bottom line is that I will continue to support the program and Diaco.

One could make the case that the dismissals speak volumes about Diaco.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I did like going for 3 down a zillion, getting pounded, to avoid a shutout.
It was a fitting kick in the nuts that Bobby P missed. I will give the kook props for that.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I did like going for 3 down a zillion, getting pounded, to avoid a shutout.
It was a fitting kick in the nuts that Bobby P missed. I will give the kook props for that.

The field goal attempt was the most embarrasing moment in a night filled with them.

Reaction Score
I just think he can't coach. He has the personality, and I'm sure he could recruit, but the team looks like it's gotten way worse under him, aside from the fluke UCF win.

I think he's in way over his head with this job

Reaction Score
I can't believe that Manuel is Teflon with all this. He had to nail this hire! How does Hathoway get constantly skewered and this guy skates?
If you think Manuel skates on this board, then you're living in another universe. (He also hired the Notre Dame defensive coordinator, who won the Broyles Award in 2012. Considering the circumstances UConn is in, how much better can we ask for?)

Anyway, I'm not even thinking about drawing conclusions about Diaco till next season, but I can't say I've been at all impressed with him so far. The offense looks just as incompetent - if not more incompetent - than it did under Pasqualoni/DeLeone, and Diaco's decision-making has been bizarre to say the least. His excuses, though, have been even more tiresome.

This year is a free pass, but we better start to see some signs of improvement in year two.

Reaction Score
I do think we have to give him till the end of next year. This year could not have gone worse from the onset, losing Cochran was huge, and the team wasn't going to be good WITH him. Where we are today, is far, far from being competitive in any G5 league.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Diaco should have dropped that sh1tbag Tubervulle at the 50 after he tried running up the score. 41-0 and they're running hurry up offense and chucking into the end zone. Not to mention, going for it on 4th down twice late in the 4th.

I know the nobody on the goddam field in blue minded because they never got off the bus tonight, but I have a long memory. If I was coaching UCONN, I would have cold kocked Tubs right in the fahqing mouth and start a team fight. Any of my players who ran to the locker room early and didn't fight are off the team.

Sadly I'm only partially kidding.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
1. Lol at the notion we belong in P5
2. Diaco is a loser
3. No one should feel bad if they stop watching this garbage, next year he better prove he's the man for the job
4. I didn't think we could be worse than under PP, I was wrong.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Diaco should have dropped that sh1tbag Tubervulle at the 50 after he tried running up the score. 41-0 and they're running hurry up offense and chucking into the end zone. Not to mention, going for it on 4th down twice late in the 4th.

I know the nobody on the goddam field in blue minded because they never got off the bus tonight, but I have a long memory. If I was coaching UCONN, I would have cold kocked Tubs right in the fahqing mouth and start a team fight. Any of my players who ran to the locker room early and didn't fight are off the team.

Sadly I'm only partially kidding.

You might be kidding but you are pretty wrong. Cincinnati did nothing offensive. Had they tried to run up the score they could have.

Reaction Score
178 yds passing, I think that's what Cincy had. Our defense tonight was as bad as it was against Buffalo last year. The effort seemed that bad.

Dooley

Reaction Score
4th down in field goal range and up big: you go for it. 4th down up big and out of field goal range: you punt. Up 41 points with 2 minutes left: you run up the middle.

Left jab right hook combo play that smug bastird.

Reaction Score
Left after third quarter. Listened on radio. They said that uconn is only using 61 scholarships. What's up with that? No way can you be competitive with teams with 85 scholarship players.

There has been some attrition, but it is very, very common for 20+ freshmen to not participate, or redshirt, so that 61 number is in no freaking way an excuse.

This was atrocious.

This was embarrassing.

But, keep the faith in the national flag blue and white.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
4th down in field goal range and up big: you go for it. 4th down up big and out of field goal range: you punt. Up 41 points with 2 minutes left: you run up the middle.

Left jab right hook combo play that smug bastird.

Um... Cincinnati didn't score a single point in the last 23 minutes of the game. What else would you like them to do? Play 9 against 11?

Dooley

Reaction Score
Um... Cincinnati didn't score a single point in the last 23 minutes of the game. What else would you like them to do? Play 9 against 11?

Sounds good. We will call it the Nobody Beats The Wiz Husky Power Play.

Reaction Score
You guys are Unbelievable losers . You thought we would be good after losing every bit of culture uconn ever had. That's the biggest fukkking joke.. Take away our qb. Our best defensive player. Our best offensive player for half of the season. From a team that was heinous. Please. I'm ashamed of you losers

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You guys are Unbelievable losers . You thought we would be good after losing every bit of culture uconn ever had. That's the biggest fukkking joke.. Take away our qb. Our best defensive player. Our best offensive player for half of the season. From a team that was heinous. Please. I'm ashamed of you losers

Who thought we would be good this season? Most thought a bowl was a far fetched goal.

There's a huge difference between being bad in the process of rebuilding and being the laughingstock of college football on and off the field.

At some point enough is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline