Boatright | The Boneyard

Boatright

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

My guess is Boatright will be docked 3-8 games, not a big deal. If so, the most important thing is a decision is made quickly so the clock can start ticking. Given the NCAA animosity toward UConn's Men's program - hopefully we won't see the foot dragging beyond the normal NCAA inefficiencies.

Trying to recall - does the player get credit for the games he is voluntarily held out of - against the punishment subsequently handed down????

A team with just 1 ball handler is a major concern to an otherwise very talented team. Having 2 ball handlers last year was a huge plus. In 2006 we had just 1 ball handler and paid the price on a very talented team. The defense immediately went to Marcus when UConn got a rebound.

Reaction Score
This could also be a function of us being very very careful. We are walking a new line with all the changes we have made in the front office and they are not going to screw up under any circumstances.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
My guess is Boatright will be docked 3-8 games, not a big deal. If so, the most important thing is a decision is made quickly so the clock can start ticking. Given the NCAA animosity toward UConn's Men's program - hopefully we won't see the foot dragging beyond the normal NCAA inefficiencies.

Trying to recall - does the player get credit for the games he is voluntarily held out of - against the punishment subsequently handed down????

A team with just 1 ball handler is a major concern to an otherwise very talented team. Having 2 ball handlers last year was a huge plus. In 2006 we had just 1 ball handler and paid the price on a very talented team. The defense immediately went to Marcus when UConn got a rebound.
Yes they credit missed games before the punishment.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I'm assuming exhibitions count? Hopefully the news comes sooner rather than later ...
Exhibition games don't count unfortunately.

Reaction Score
Why what info. do you have to make you think it would be 3 to 8 games?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Wouldn't you need to know what the violation is before you can think about a penalty? Our is this one of your strawmen that you can claim being essentially right with anything between two and ten?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I agree with him it sounds minor. Boatright will need to pay back some money and he will miss some games.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I agree we need a second PG

but this time can handle the ball 1000x better than the 2006 team

they can never be that bad

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I agree we need a second PG

but this time can handle the ball 1000x better than the 2006 team

they can never be that bad
Without RB this team is very similar to that 2006 team.

Reaction Score
On the rumor circuit questions around who paid for an airplane ticket to one of the AAU games.

The AAU circuit consists of a high percentage of very poor kids who seem to fly around to different cities every week all summer. Does the NCAA really want to look into who is paying for all of that?

Reaction Score
Without RB this team is very similar to that 2006 team.
I'm not sure that team would have won the National Championship, but they didn't lose to George Mason because they didn't have a backup at pointguard. they lost to George mason because they really didn't give a damn. They went 30-3 going into that game, 14-2 BE, had 2 11-game win streaks, won the Maui, were a #1 seed. there only losses had come at Marquette and at Villanova, also a #1 seed, and against Syracuse in OT in the McNamarra run..and accomplished all that with only 1 point guard. That team didn't lose because they only had 1 pg. I tlost because it lost its heart somewhere along the way.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
The AAU circuit consists of a high percentage of very poor kids who seem to fly around to different cities every week all summer. Does the NCAA really want to look into who is paying for all of that?
It would appear they are only interested in the UCONN poor kids who flew around to different cities

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'm not sure that team would have won the National Championship, but they didn't lose to George Mason because they didn't have a backup at pointguard. they lost to George mason because they really didn't give a damn. They went 30-3 going into that game, 14-2 BE, had 2 11-game win streaks, won the Maui, were a #1 seed. there only losses had come at Marquette and at Villanova, also a #1 seed, and against Syracuse in OT in the McNamarra run..and accomplished all that with only 1 point guard. That team didn't lose because they only had 1 pg. I tlost because it lost its heart somewhere along the way.

Not saying your opinion isn't a reasonable or popular one, but I disagree. I think they lost because they didn't have a secondary ball-handler and I will believe that until the day I die. They looked like they were playing with a greased watermelon and it was only due to Marcus Williams's phenomenal play (and a double-T on Brandon Roy) that we got to where we did. Intangibles and a $1.50 get you a cup of coffee as far as I'm concerned.

This team has lots of high-character guys. If we don't have someone else who can handle the rock, we're in trouble.

Reaction Score
They lost because Mason was a good team and shot 70%

And that Uconn team was definitely the best team in the country. Only a team shooting 70% could have beaten them

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
They lost because Mason was a good team and shot 70%

And that Uconn team was definitely the best team in the country. Only a team shooting 70% could have beaten them

The warning signs were there that a George Mason-ing could happen. That team stopped playing defense at the end of February. I don't know why, but they started just trying to outscore everyone, and finally someone did. That team needed Ricky Moore in the worst way.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I was wondering how Chief came up with 3 to 8 games. But this is just rumors right?

Anyhow, I wonder who is allowed to play for transportation to and from AAU, Sneaker and other summer hoops events? There aren't that many folks including middle-classed families that can fly their kid all around the country to these events. I must admit, I'm completely ignorant as to who is allowed to fit the bill? Who pays for these kids when they attend Nike or Adidas summer events?

If this is the case, then IMO, the NCAA has to get their head out of their arses. This is truly a "Come on, Man!!!!" If a university or agent is not footing the bill, in other words messing with college choice influence or future pro representation, then who the h*ll cares. Maybe these kids should be prevented from playing in any sneaker sponsored event. Is that influencing these kids. Does that give the kids that are invited a benefit that others who aren't invited aren't getting? Where do you draw the line?

Can't we just go a week or two without some crap hitting the fan. Wooomfffffff! An other one just hit.

Reaction Score
Not saying your opinion isn't a reasonable or popular one, but I disagree. I think they lost because they didn't have a secondary ball-handler and I will believe that until the day I die. They looked like they were playing with a greased watermelon and it was only due to Marcus Williams's phenomenal play (and a double-T on Brandon Roy) that we got to where we did. Intangibles and a $1.50 get you a cup of coffee as far as I'm concerned.

This team has lots of high-character guys. If we don't have someone else who can handle the rock, we're in trouble.
First of all, they won 30 games. It wasn't like they were a bubble team and they beat 14 big East teams in a 16 game schedule, so I'd argue that they beat a lot better teams than George Mason. to me the secondary ballhandler stuff was an excuse someone dreamed up after the fact to try and explain the unexplainable...I think Calhoun was more honest when he made his comment about so many guys being more interested in 3 letters than 4.

Reaction Score
So many good points about this AAU thing. Man this has been going on for years and now the NCAA decides it will look into UConn and Boatright. Yes who does pay for all the flying around all of these guys do or does it matter as long as what was brought it is not the university or and agent. I truly also believe the NCaa has a hard on for us. Can not and will not believe certain schools never get looked at. You think all those top prospects aren't in the same deal then your just cherry picking who to f!!k with and we seem to get our share of .

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
So many good points about this AAU thing. Man this has been going on for years and now the NCAA decides it will look into UConn and Boatright. Yes who does pay for all the flying around all of these guys do or does it matter as long as what was brought it is not the university or and agent. I truly also believe the NCaa has a hard on for us. Can not and will not believe certain schools never get looked at. You think all those top prospects aren't in the same deal then your just cherry picking who to f!!k with and we seem to get our share of ****.

I have to wonder if it is the NCAA who seems to focus on UConn recruits/players, or is there someone out there who has a vendetta against Calhoun and they 'tip off' the NCAA on the UConn players and that causes what seems to be an 'over-sampling' of UConn players looked at by the NCAA. I am guessing it is the later of the two options above.

ctchamps

Reaction Score

Additionally Hilton got injured during that tournament and although he played he was unable to move as well as prior to the injury. I'm totally with you on this.

Kemba and Jeremy proved the significance tournament play has into getting into the next level. Play well in the NCAA's and your stock goes up. Every player wants to win the tournament not only for the value of winning but the benefits gained from the wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom