Boatright calls out his teammates | The Boneyard

Boatright calls out his teammates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought this was a telling quote from Ryan after the game. My guess is he's talking Purvis and Hamilton.

“Guys have to step up and not feel sorry for themselves,” Boatright said after he was suffocated by Temple in an awful second half for the Huskies. “Know that you're a good player and have confidence in yourself. No way there should be two or three guys on me, and you don't take that as disrespect.
“It shouldn't happen. If guys triple-teamed and double-teamed Shabazz (Napier last year), I was going for 40 (points). You have to step up and have some confidence in yourself.”

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Unfortunately he is laying the ground work for next year as much as he is doing it for the AAC tournament.

It will be interesting next year if a team chooses not to defend any of UConn's players and they still look to pass.

Reaction Score
Chin Diesel said:
Unfortunately he is laying the ground work for next year as much as he is doing it for the AAC tournament. It will be interesting next year if a team chooses not to defend any of UConn's players and they still look to pass.

I laughed out loud.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately he is laying the ground work for next year as much as he is doing it for the AAC tournament.

It will be interesting next year if a team chooses not to defend any of UConn's players and they still look to pass.
you just won the boneyard with that post

Reaction Score
I like it! This team has needed a spark all year. It seems like Shabazz was a lot more vocal as a leader compared to Boat. Shabazz was never afraid to hold back and speak his mind.

Reaction Score
Problem I have with this is when "Bazz was doubled, tripled" he still went off for 26, 28....and Boat never got 40.

I get his point but the exaggerations are unnecessary. Not the time for Fung Wah.

Reaction Score
These arent the quotes you want to hear being said on March 7th. Boatright as captain needed to be communicating these to his teammates months ago. I'm fine with "calling them out in public," but too little too late.

Reaction Score
I like it! This team has needed a spark all year. It seems like Shabazz was a lot more vocal as a leader compared to Boat. Shabazz was never afraid to hold back and speak his mind.
wasn't that the last regular game of the season?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Problem I have with this is when "Bazz was doubled, tripled" he still went off for 26, 28....and Boat never got 40.

I get his point but the exaggerations are unnecessary. Not the time for Fung Wah.
he said he was going for 40, he knew he probably wasn't going to get it but was still going for it... I like that he said it, he didn't say anything bad at all... if anything he told them to take some pride and have confidence in themselves, that they're good enough to make plays... he's bit his lip the entire season, tried teaching the kids the ins and outs, and was getting his ass kicked every game by the other team with no one coming over to help him really... hopefully this helps either for the rest of this season or sets it up for next season

Reaction Score
We are good enough to win this tournament. And if we do the last two games don't matter. Let's see if he fires the team up or not.

Reaction Score
Bottom line were just not good enough, could we run the table in the AAC sure/hopefully which is all we have to hang our hat onto is hope. I like Boatright calling it like it is, these young guys need a voice other then the coaches. Last year I said it was a good thing when Shabazz and Ryan were going at it, 2 guys who hated to lose(and yes I said it at the time not in hindsight). Wish Boat would get on the team earlier but better late then never.

Reaction Score
What he's saying us that you have to take some personal pride that the other team/coach thinks it's best for them that you have the ball instead of Boat. You have to have the mentality that you are going to make them pay.

2 problems for this team. Some don't have that mentality yet and others don't have that mentality nor the talent to pull it off.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Eskapeesto said:
"Calhoun passes to Nolan. Nolan passes back out to Samuel. Samuel holds it. Holds it. Hoooolds it." YouTube Video

It might actually be a more effective strategy than any of those 3 bricking shots and watching the opponent run out fast break off the miss.

Can we petition to rescind the shot clock? Final score uconn 4 - opponents 2 Uconns 4 points scored on Brimah lobs

Reaction Score
Boat has a right to be frustrated. He's close to the situation and has publicly refrained from making such comments. The Boneyard does not exercise such restraint. Yeah he waited until the last game but at least we know he ain't happy with his teammates, and neither or we, Ryan.

Boat should actually be punching his teammates in the throat as he's losing money and exposure, big time.

So sad to be happening to him. Please lets not compare him to Bazz, Kemba or the others. If people don't think Bazz became better playing with Boat then they are delusional.

Boat has a legit claim to some of Bazz's success in college. No Boat, no Bazz 2nd Ring and no Bazz AA. Yeah I said it!

Reaction Score
Unless we are in the locker room we don't know what Boat is saying to team mates and as competitive as he is he is probably all over them just not publically. He would not want to be shown up and it's the way professional athletes are supposed to act. So he finally called them out hoping to start them up but I think he knows their limitations better than anyone. One other thing, if you saw Duke-Carolina last night with all of those McD's, who in their position is a better player than Boat is in his? At this level maybe Okafor that's it.

Reaction Score
DH held his head down all game yesterday. His body language was terrible. But that happens with a freshman. He will learn.

Reaction Score
Boatright is upset with Hamilton's tendency to sulk.

I thought of him right away yesterday, man he had that look. Needs to bounce back big and may just do that.

Reaction Score
Boatright is upset with Hamilton's tendency to sulk.
Hamilton was missing a lot of those 10-15 footers so he was T'eed. Once he gets those to go he will be a 20 plus guy every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom