Boatright being held out again | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Boatright being held out again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone know what the rules are with this sort of thing in terms of vacating the season? Is the whole season vacated if he just played in 10 games?
UConn appears to be following the letter of the law per the NCAA with Boatright. He never would have played without their specific OK, so I don't see how any games could be at risk of forfeiture.

Reaction Score
The NCAA makes me sick, their contempt for Calhoun is unbelievable. They clear the kid now they sit him out again, you can't make this **** up. The NCAA will do everything in their power to keep us from repeating, the only good news is Calhoun is always at his best when he's backed into a corner. Us against the world.

great duck*'* point. nothing like adversity and that mentality to bring a team together. that plus the extra seasoning for DD an RS will work for us in March.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The thing I don't understand is how did the Ohio State and Miami football players continue to play while the NCAA was investigating them for improper benefits received and RB not be allowed to play for benefits received? Maybe someone can explain the differences to me.

Reaction Score
Uconn followed the procedure and sat Boatright the first time he was being reviewed. So if they actually do find something where hes ineligible then i dont think they can vacate a thing since he was cleared once already.
This is getting very old. Every year we seem to be dealing with some sort of problem and frankly it is hard to blame the NCAA for this if new information regarding violations surfaced. They really don't have any choice but to investigate. The maddening part is having to deal with these problems on a fragmented basis. There is probably something to all this or we wouldn't be sitting Boatright.
I'm not one who believes that the NCAA is out to get us. We create the fire and the NCAA simply follows the smoke.

Reaction Score
We create the fire and the NCAA simply follows the smoke.

How did we create the fire when the investigation surrounds issues that occurred before UConn's relationship with Boatright?

The NCAA is a traveshamockery.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This is getting very old. Every year we seem to be dealing with some sort of problem and frankly it is hard to blame the NCAA for this if new information regarding violations surfaced. They really don't have any choice but to investigate. The maddening part is having to deal with these problems on a fragmented basis. There is probably something to all this or we wouldn't be sitting Boatright.
I'm not one who believes that the NCAA is out to get us. We create the fire and the NCAA simply follows the smoke.
If there is a problem I have no complaints about an investigation. But the way the NCAA handled the Ohio State players makes me question the even handedness of the NCAA. And maybe I'm a little cynical, but there are a lot of programs that make me think red flags should be raised and I don't see the scrutiny on them. It just seems odd.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I think the NCAA needs to make a clear distinction between issues involving a recruit that involved the school and those that didn't. I think vacation wins should be limited to violations directly involving a school not those that a university did not know about. As I have said in the past, I wonder if West Virginia knew something about RB and that is why they went for Hinds. I also wonder if someone from West Virginia is the source of these eligibility questions. Lamb should play some point guard ala Penny Hathaway from back in the day.

Reaction Score
If there is a problem I have no complaints about an investigation. But the way the NCAA handled the Ohio State players makes me question the even handedness of the NCAA. And maybe I'm a little cynical, but there are a lot of programs that make me think red flags should be raised and I don't see the scrutiny on them. It just seems odd.
Sitting Boatright against ND was Uconn's decision. I agree that the NCAA isn't consistant but that doesn't change the fact that we seem to have problems every year.Sometimes it is the program, sometimes it is current players and sometimes it is a recruit but there always seem to be something.

Reaction Score
The thing I don't understand is how did the Ohio State and Miami football players continue to play while the NCAA was investigating them for improper benefits received and RB not be allowed to play for benefits received? Maybe someone can explain the differences to me.

If they used ineligible layers, those games were erased. UConn can continue to play Boatright, at the expense of its season.

Reaction Score
Just seems a tad bit....unprecedented, doesn't it? Can anybody remember ANYTHING remotely similar to what has gone on with Boatright and the NCAA this year?

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Just heard of this prior to game. This is making me sick. The ncaa is a joke.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Reaction Score

I can only speak for Miami in your example. The players in question were given suspensions and they served them during the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom