Boatright being held out again | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boatright being held out again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
More than anything, I feel horrible for the kid. It's his freshman year, had to miss the first six games because of this , got the chance to show what he could do, and now this again, on the day he's returning home no less.

Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs just summed it up best: "Do I think the NCAA likes Jim Calhoun? That's like asking if Tim Tebow is overexposed by the media. You already know the answer, folks."

Reaction Score
Man, this sucks. He sounded so excited to be playing in front of his family. I just hope the "joint review" doesn't take weeks or more.

Reaction Score
Yeah it's tough on the kid and no 3 guard lineup, but we do have guys not logging enough minutes right now. To me this is a big chance for DD and RS to show up, and what about Giffey? As someone once said, it's time to put on the big boy pants. Let's not sob and use this as an excuse, we have firepower, let's kick some ass starting tomorrow.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
boat show should make the ncaa pay for the cost of those 400 tix.

Reaction Score
The NCAA makes me sick, their contempt for Calhoun is unbelievable. They clear the kid now they sit him out again, you can't make this up. The NCAA will do everything in their power to keep us from repeating, the only good news is Calhoun is always at his best when he's backed into a corner. Us against the world.

Reaction Score
His family and friends bought 400 tickets to the game. This is such a BS it's not even funny.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
i feel so bad for boat...kid is going back home and was excited to play in front of his family and friends...thats so that they bring it up this game...couldn't till after the ND game...i hate the ncaa...wow

Reaction Score
Unreal. The fact that guys like Cam Newton can never miss a single game when its documented their family received cash gifts and a guy like Boatright has to miss games while the NCAA drags its feet is mind boggling.

Mind f'in boggling you mean.

Reaction Score
Even worse, Napier is hobbling around out there. This isn't going to improve his minutes.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
whatever happened, it was before his involvement with UConn. I really don't think it has anything to do with Calhoun, at least on the NCAA's part

can it be this is how Tim Floyd conducted business when he was at USC? we know the money was free flowing there

or is some Chicago source undermining Boatright and one media source in particular wouldn't mind torpedoing Boatright if he could get Calhoun & UConn. It's already proven he tells half truths and misrepresents the facts

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Unbefreakinlievable. Hope the team responds to this as a challenge. Us against the world.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
all i know is that i can see why huggy bear went after a 2nd pg, he got the commit and then saw the probs. don't get me wrong, i love boatshow, his game and what he brings to this state, i hope he has a all time career for us etc. but i can see why huggy bear....

Reaction Score
So, Boatright had to pass some basic NCAA hurdles to accept a scholarship and get admitted to UConn. Then, the NCAA needed to do a more in-depth review of his eligibility that wasn't resolved until late November. Now, a month and a half later, they need to review things again. And this latest decision comes the night before a game, after the team has had 5 days off. What's next? Another review at half time of a BET or NCAA tournament game?

I really wonder how Boatright's file landed in the "painful audit" bin twice at the NCAA offices.

Reaction Score
Wacky. The NCAA days are numbered if they keep this up. Coach K amongst others have already had enough. The " super conferences" are going to slam the door on these morons in the next few years.

Bulllshit.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Wow...beyond ridiculous!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reaction Score
all i know is that i can see why huggy bear went after a 2nd pg, he got the commit and then saw the probs. don't get me wrong, i love boatshow, his game and what he brings to this state, i hope he has a all time career for us etc. but i can see why huggy bear....
Boatright de-committed after West Virginia picked up the commitment from Hinds - it had nothing to do with Huggins wanting him any less.

It's outrageous that Boatright has to sit out more games because the NCAA duck*ed up its investigation the first time. This type of behavior needs to be brought to court.

(And the most sickening part is that the NCAA purposely waited till his homecoming game to make him sit out again.)

Reaction Score
How many bites of the apple do they get? They do an investigation, find some nitpicking problems and suspend the kid for six games. Is his record past going to be fair game for the rest of his career? I refuse to believe this kid is in any way dirty....................some of the people around him in AAU ball---Derrick Rose's brother, et al, but not Ryan. This is just wrong.

I think this just may be the NCAA taking another shot at Calhoun. Can you imagine them ever doing this to Coach K? They would not even go after the Dukies in the Maggette case where he admitted taking money from some drug dealer while he was at Duke.

SJ

Reaction Score
This is the crappiest, meanest, and most power-mongering move I have ever heard. So angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom