Boatright being held out again | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Boatright being held out again

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
Well, this sucks. Two players out tomorrow (Olander is still out, right). Going to need something from Roscoe and Daniels tomorrow.

Good thing that ND plays a slow pace, I guess.

So if the NCAA or UConn found something else that happened when he was in AAU what does this mean, does that mean Boatright gets more games or the whole season?

I imagine, unless UConn is implicated that UConn won't have to vacate any wins and def. not the season (they are sitting the kid). At least it's not a tournament yet (no back to back games).

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Boatright de-committed after West Virginia picked up the commitment from Hinds - it had nothing to do with Huggins wanting him any less.

It's outrageous that Boatright has to sit out more games because the NCAA duck*ed up its investigation the first time. This type of behavior needs to be brought to court.

(And the most sickening part is that the NCAA purposely waited till his homecoming game to make him sit out again.)
The poster was saying Huggins wanted to take another PG (Hinds) in case the NCAA dug up stuff on Boatright and ruled him ineligible.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if there was a time for a leader to emerge for the long haul, 2moro morning is the time. i have a feeling 1 of bazz/lamb/ao get it done. the struggle to the f4 starts 2moro for this team.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
I just don't see how they can do this without actually releasing any evident proof.

Reaction Score
Knowing the NCAA (or the whistle blower), I'm surprised they didn't sit on this and release it Selection Sunday.

caw

Reaction Score
I just don't see how they can do this without actually releasing any evident proof.

They released it to UConn, or at least what they had. The NCAA has not ruled on it, just provided UConn with additional information. UConn is holding him out for now while the "joint review" is being done.

Sucks, but it's the right thing to do. UConn can't trust the NCAA to rule him eligible without their stamp of approval they have hold him out.

Reaction Score
So, Boatright had to pass some basic NCAA hurdles to accept a scholarship and get admitted to UConn. Then, the NCAA needed to do a more in-depth review of his eligibility that wasn't resolved until late November. Now, a month and a half later, they need to review things again. And this latest decision comes the night before a game, after the team has had 5 days off. What's next? Another review at half time of a BET or NCAA tournament game?
I really wonder how Boatright's file landed in the "painful audit" bin twice at the NCAA offices.

I think the last attempt will be an NCAA representative just running to the lay-up line and punching RB in the mouth then run over to JC and kick him in the nuts while shouting "We're not you bitch and don't you forget that!". All this right before the BE championship game.

Reaction Score
Just a random observation, but I feel like big UConn news keeps breaking on Friday nights. First Drummond coming, then ACC taking Cuse & Pitt and now the Boatright news.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I think the last attempt will be an NCAA representative just running to the lay-up line and punching RB in the mouth then run over to JC and kick him in the nuts while shouting "We're not you bitch and don't you forget that!". All this right before the BE championship game.
UConn would subsequently win the BE championship game and the NCAA tournament, thus proving once and for all that the NCAA is in fact Calhoun's bitch and they best not forget it.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
This is absurd. The poor kid. How can the NCAA look at what they are doing and think that this is benefiting anyone!?

What are they really doing here? They're not proving anything. All they are doing is hurting a kid.

An outside counsel seriously needs to look at how the NCAA is operating. This is a !ng disgrace!

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
The Wolf will save the day. It's Pulp Fiction time

Admit it. You forgot he was on the roster.

Wolfe, Bradley, Kyle Bailey.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i purpose that the by has a cut away thread for the rest of the BE season.
each win....

images

cept its a husky dog the ncaa symbol

Reaction Score
Whatever way this turns out its a total boning for UCONN. If he is somehow cleared and knowing how fast the NCAA moves it will be games not days, Boatright misses game time experience which will never be recovered which especially kills a young team that needs games playing together more than anything else. If he isn't cleared say goodbye to a player during the middle of a season at a position where UCONN is short of depth .

What a freaking mess.

Reaction Score
Whatever way this turns out its a total boning for UCONN. If he is somehow cleared and knowing how fast the NCAA moves it will be games not days, Boatright misses game time experience which will never be recovered which especially kills a young team that needs games playing together more than anything else. If he isn't cleared say goodbye to a player during the middle of a season at a position where UCONN is short of depth .

What a freaking mess.

I don't think RB leaves. His problem is with the NCAA and not UCONN. The problem will follow him wherever he plays. I think RB is happy with the minutes he is getting now.

Reaction Score
I guess we will have to wait a bit longer for Napier to heal. Boatright should look into legal advice. Where are you BusinessLawyer??

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Other than the Horde, the rest of the CBB world has yet to weigh in on this situation. I'm curious as to how this will play nationally.

As it stands, the NCAA's timing on this is borderline evil...

Reaction Score
Knowing the NCAA (or the whistle blower), I'm surprised they didn't sit on this and release it Selection Sunday.

Maybe the whistleblower was Huggins. He was pissed that he lost to RB on Monday and then called the NCAA to let them know what he knows which is why he signed Hinds even though he already had RB.

C

Chief00

It is not Huggins - he is a good guy and friends with Calhoun - such as Calhoun has friends.

Reaction Score
I guess we will have to wait a bit longer for Napier to heal. Boatright should look into legal advice. Where are you BusinessLawyer??

1. Until we know something, there is nothing to do but vent. And we don't know anything yet.

2. Unfortunately, a student athlete has almost no rights. I can wish that was different -- I have been clear that government, in my view, should be involved in college athletics -- but calling one's lawyer when the NCAA comes a calling rarely produces results.

Reaction Score
I hate the situation. I hate the NCAA. I hate the timing of this. But until we know what new information the NCAA is looking at, I'm not going to rush to judgement. Now I hope it turns out to be nothing, at which time I'll be even more pissed. But if it turns out that the NCAA has discovered that RB accepted more benefits not allowed under the NCAA amature guidelines and maybe didn't answered some questions truthfully, then what?

Either way this has a bad outcome, though one would be worse than the other. However this turns out, I hope it doesn't take nearly as long as the last time, especially if it turns out to be false information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom