Boat Possibly out for LVille Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boat Possibly out for LVille Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No brainier... Hit the road and say good bye to you're bro

Reaction Score
He should go, but man this comes at the worst possible time for us.

A win against Louisville -- a team against which his skills will be sorely needed -- would launch us back into the top 25 and the national conversation. A loss keeps us trudging along, out of everyone's minds, with no press or hype.

Reaction Score
Gotta do what you gotta do. What he has to do is infinitely more important than any game ever. Others will step up and we will win for Ryan and his cousin.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Not to be rude, but him not being available puts a load of pressure on Napier/Samuel/Kromah and Calhoun with ULs press.

I respect his decision, and would go to the funeral myself in his situation, but it's a rough game not to have him available.

Yes, it'll be a rough game. But, still just a game.

There's only going to be one funeral for his cousin, I suggest he goes to it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We're all recommending he goes. So what if he doesn't? Are we going to judge him badly for doing something we don't. This is a personal matter for the kid. I would go, I would recommend he goes, but if he doesn't I'm not going to think anything less of him.

Reaction Score
Have we confirmed that the funeral is in fact Saturday? We've made this an and/or scenario when nothing that I've seen indicates that this is the case.

If it's one or the other, you'd think the funeral would take priority. But I respect Boat's judgement regardless.

Reaction Score
We're all recommending he goes. So what if he doesn't? Are we going to judge him badly for doing something we don't. This is a personal matter for the kid. I would go, I would recommend he goes, but if he doesn't I'm not going to think anything less of him.

No he will choose to "celebrate" his death in his own way, whether going to be with him in his home town or playing tribute to him vs LVille……..I support Boat in whatever way he feels necessary to mourn this awful event and loss.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
He should do whatever he wants to do, period. Neither one would be an easy decision. Everyone deals with death in their own way, and there is no "right" way to honor someone except what you feel is right.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He should do whatever he wants to do, period. Neither one would be an easy decision. Everyone deals with death in their own way, and there is no "right" way to honor someone except what you feel is right.

Of course. I'll be at the game, so if he chooses to play in lieu of attending the funeral, I won't be upset or anything. But he's being forced to make this decision very quickly, and I'd imagine if he chooses to play, there's the chance that down the road he regrets not attending the funeral. And I'd imagine there's no scenario where he regrets not playing in the game in the future. For that reason, I'm hoping he chooses to attend the funeral.

Reaction Score
My advice to any person in this situation would not be to "go" or "not go."

It would simply be to do what you believe is the right thing for you. That will be different for each person, and it depends on culture and religion and such things. Some people don't like funerals.

In any case, really horrible thing to happen to anybody, and nobody should question Boat or his love for AW if he chooses not to go.

Reaction Score

I agree, I'm completely neutral as to what RB decides to do. I'm sure he's put a lot of thought into it and whatever he decides us fans will support. I won't judge him either way, because in my personal opinion you don't necessarily have to get on a plane and attend a funeral to pay your respects. He showed us plenty yesterday by having his cousins initials on his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom