Board silence | The Boneyard

Board silence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A pretty sluggish start and more sloppy than I would have liked at times but they did what they were supposed to do; overpower a vastly inferior team. I like how Jalen came alive in the second half and I was pretty please with Enoch's minutes. They're both going to be good ones and if we can regularly get the Jalen Adams from the last two games its going to help immensely.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
It was a little sad to see Nolan ride the pines for the entire game, but I enjoyed the 3-point shooting clinic put on by Rodney Purvis.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
can we get a third? who's going to step it up

I'd rather talk about pizza than beating USF

next

:)

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
can we get a third? who's going to step it up

I'd rather talk about pizza than beating USF

next

:)

Have you tried Papa John's yet? It would go great with an acrobatic Miller dunk.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not to pick on you @intlzncster, but I wonder how many of these "fans" even bothered to watch. I'd wager a good lot of them watch the bigger games only.

Probably lost a few viewers I'm sure. Unfortunately for me, I was on the highway.

Reaction Score
This kind of reminds me of back in 2012 in the middle of our struggles when we destroyed Seton Hall by about 20 and held them under 50 in Hartford. It seemed like there were about 3 or 4 threads after that game.

Reaction Score
Wow, delusional positivity. USF wasn't even on the floor in the first half. We still did some typical throw the ball out of bounds but shots dropped. USF refused to defend the rim.

It's just not worth talking about this game.

Reaction Score
Wow, delusional positivity. USF wasn't even on the floor in the first half. We still did some typical throw the ball out of bounds but shots dropped. USF refused to defend the rim.

It's just not worth talking about this game.

I'm assuming you're one of the people who's ruined the chatroom.

Reaction Score
No, I have a life and don't chat on the boneyard at all.

Trying to call out people when our mediocre team smashes a d3 team is lame.

Reaction Score
Some of us watched 2 losses to temple and cincy. Other games with 5 minutes or more with no scoring. I love seeing UConn smash teams as much as anyone but to act like this was a legit opponent or a turning point is a mistake.

Reaction Score
Come on man. There has been some real puzzling play this season - schemes, player rotations, TO strategy, Etc. so people are going to say holy good god and honestly they should.

I wasn't convinced that this team would be great this year I was always concerned about how all the players would integrate - guys here a while who are planning on it being their team and guys from other teams or HS guys that were leaders of their teams. That's an interesting mix, that doesn't mean they don't all get along, but it can be hard and take a while to figure out roles.

There's been what appears to be an ebb and flow of concentration and execution and what is maddening to me is the inconsistency. If the team sucks so be it, if the team is good wonderful but hell the wacky ups and downs and lapses is buzzare.

I also think that the vast majority of folks on the BY can accept losses against what would be classified as top tier teams but losing or being in close game with the AAC team is inconsistent with where the program has been over the last 15 years.

Happy they won, but come on USF a 7 win team and this is exactly what should have happened.

I hope it's the beginning of more consistent play and a roll into the tourney.

Hammer away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
No, I have a life and don't chat on the boneyard at all.

Trying to call out people when our mediocre team smashes a d3 team is lame.

Wow where do they crawl out from? Try to enjoy a win and give the team you supposedly root for some credit. That "d3" team took SMU to OT and had the game won. Maybe the Huskies had a little to do with making them "give" so early just maybe?

Why even watch

Reaction Score
CBS Sports silences a lot of the fans, not necessarily the blowout victory. Being unranked doesn't help for watching any highlights either.

As for me I'm in cold turkey, withdrawal mode. Hard to think or type this morning.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
just playing USF (on the road no less) dropped our RPI 5 spots, despite the fact we won by 30 and despite the fact MI moved into the top 50 making us 4-2 vs RPI top 50

out there in the bureaucratic board rooms where geeks and dorks make new rules like freedom of movement and then get to choose members from their own conference for the tournament, this makes sense and this is very important when they need it to be very important

Reaction Score
What is there to say? We beat a team last night we should beat every single time we play. Every single time. Certainly not going to do cartwheels over something that should be expected.

Reaction Score
What is there to say? We beat a team last night we should beat every single time we play. Every single time. Certainly not going to do cartwheels over something that should be expected.
You could say that Miller was a beast in the second half, you could say that Adams looked like the player that was a pre-season rookie all conference and totally outplayed McMurray who will be rookie all conference, you could say it was worrying that Cousins was beating up on us down low in the second half, you could say that we look great in transition, that Purvis on offense is the little girl with the curl, That Enoch looked like he had a clue which is a good sign, that Amida stayed out of foul trouble and even scored on a low bounce pass from Adams -- you could even say "I love winning... you hear what I'm saying, it's better than losing."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom