Board silence | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Board silence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
just playing USF (on the road no less) dropped our RPI 5 spots, despite the fact we won by 30 and despite the fact MI moved into the top 50 making us 4-2 vs RPI top 50

out there in the bureaucratic board rooms where geeks and dorks make new rules like freedom of movement and then get to choose members from their own conference for the tournament, this makes sense and this is very important when they need it to be very important
Was about to post something similar....absolutely disgusting that our Rpi drops when we blow a team out on the road....not the 20 point drop just playing CCSU but still aggravating....at least our projected final Rpi is around 37 if we beat Houston & UCF and lose @SMU.

Reaction Score
For those of you brushing off the win, you do know that the line opened at 9.5, right? This was a good win, not a lot to "yeah, but" about it. Some people just aren't happy unless they're miserable.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I watched it. As has been said, opening 5 minutes was pretty sloppy and USF came out pretty hungry. By midway through the 1st half it was clear that they couldn't play defense at that intensity level for long. It was a mis-match, really, at every position on the floor. None of those guys could crack UConn's top 8-9 rotation.

Ollie took the opportunity to get Enoch a lot of minutes and he showed some flashes on offense and with rebounding. Given our collapse against Tulsa I suppose he couldn't really work in more bench players, but really this game was over before halftime. UConn's offense looks pretty impressive when we play a horrible defensive team. Our defense was strong almost all game, as it has been even in most of our losses.

Takeaway....lesson learned from Tulsa, Temple and Cinci at home...never let up. Now let's see the same on Sunday.

Reaction Score
Wow, delusional positivity. USF wasn't even on the floor in the first half. We still did some typical throw the ball out of bounds but shots dropped. USF refused to defend the rim.

It's just not worth talking about this game.
One of my favorite thing about winning is "fans" like you are nowhere to be found.

When we beat SMU this place was a graveyard.

Reaction Score
It's funny that no one wants to give credit to 30 pt beat down.....when the spread was I believe -12.5. Vegas makes a good deal of money of predicting games. I believe I saw Kenpom had us at -9. So we beat the spread by 18-20 pts and not a peep of us playing well. I guess people love being miserable.

Reaction Score
It's funny that no one wants to give credit to 30 pt beat down.....when the spread was I believe -12.5. Vegas makes a good deal of money of predicting games. I believe I saw Kenpom had us at -9. So we beat the spread by 18-20 pts and not a peep of us playing well. I guess people love being miserable.
It has literally nothing to do with being miserable. How are you a fan of a team if you are miserable after a win? That makes no sense. I think most on here have learned to give credit where credit is due. A beatdown of a hopeless team with a Kenpom of 226 does not warrant much praise. We are reacting the same way we would after a win vs UC Riverside or Cal Poly, who both have higher ratings than USF.

Reaction Score
It has literally nothing to do with being miserable. How are you a fan of a team if you are miserable after a win? That makes no sense. I think most on here have learned to give credit where credit is due. A beatdown of a hopeless team with a Kenpom of 226 does not warrant much praise. We are reacting the same way we would after a win vs UC Riverside or Cal Poly, who both have higher ratings than USF.
Yet, when we are underdogs and lose to a team, the same mental midgets want the coach fired, all the players to leave, and think we are irrelevant as a program. So maybe it is not being miserable, it is just being stupid.

Reaction Score
Not to pick on you @intlzncster, but I wonder how many of these "fans" even bothered to watch. I'd wager a good lot of them watch the bigger games only.

I'll admit that I watched the first half and only checked in a couple times the rest of the way.

For the last 2 years, I'm in this weird conference existence where:

a) I watch them underperform against teams I feel like we should beat and it frustrates me...and
b) I watch them blow out the bottom tier and those teams are so bad, it frustrates that we're stuck here.

Reaction Score
Yet, when we are underdogs and lose to a team, the same mental midgets want the coach fired, all the players to leave, and think we are irrelevant as a program. So maybe it is not being miserable, it is just being stupid.

Exactly. Spot on.

Reaction Score
Great 30 point win last night. Honest question though - do you really expect more volume on this site after pounding a 7 win team, or after getting our hearts ripped out by 1 point to Cincinnati on some bs officiating/us choking?

Reaction Score
I would argue whats stupid is getting overly excited about a win vs South Florida.

Reaction Score
I would argue whats stupid is getting overly excited about a win vs South Florida.
No one is overly excited, it is just a comment, which seems to have gone over your head, that the board is full of miserable and stupid threads/posts about how much we suck when we lose but is dead silent after a win. Even the win over SMU it was dead silent. I posted the same comment prior to USF game in the thread about new members. This has nothing to do with the USF game.

Not sure why you cannot understand the simple point of the thread, it is not hard.

Reaction Score
No one is overly excited, it is just a comment, which seems to have gone over your head, that the board is full of miserable and stupid threads/posts about how much we suck when we lose but is dead silent after a win. Even the win over SMU it was dead silent. I posted the same comment prior to USF game in the thread about new members. This has nothing to do with the USF game.

Not sure why you cannot understand the simple point of the thread, it is not hard.
the simple point of this thread is precisely whats so stupid. maybe its quiet because there is nothing really to say.

Reaction Score
the simple point of this thread is precisely whats so stupid. maybe its quiet because there is nothing really to say.
And you have now shown what group you fall into, the I only post to complain and demand our coach be fired group because we lost one game group.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
When we can't criticize the team, we can at least go after each other.

This thread has picked up sufficient negativity.

And Normalcy.
Boneyard posters and normalcy don't fit together!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Face it...most of us here are native New Englanders. We like nothing better than to have something to bitch about. It's what we do, and life isn't worth living if we can't freely express our inalienable right to piss and moan about anything and everything. It's every bit a necessity of our lives, just like breathing oxygen, eating pizza, and drinking whichever adult beverages make us happy.

Reaction Score
And you have now shown what group you fall into, the I only post to complain and demand our coach be fired group because we lost one game group.
Actually, why don't you familiarize yourself with my posts before you make accusations. I tend to be more positive and have always defended KO. Sorry your feelings got hurt no one had much to say after last nights win.

Reaction Score
the good: defensively we were dominant and after a hideous start, we ran and played some excellent offensive basketball. Yet again, Jalen is illustrating that he's probably the most important piece between us being mediocre and having a puncher's chance. There's more to add here but it's self-explanatory.

The Bad: Another pretty sluggish start. Stupid turnovers (DHam) and an inability to hit open shots. Purvis is lucky KO is coach b/c JC may have murdered him for trying what he tried. Then to add to the idiocy he gets T'd up while trying to dunk. KO did not look happy.

All in all we beat the crap out of a terrible basketball team.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Congrats OP you're the worlds greatest fan and we're all beneath you. Half the people on this board probably couldn't watch the game, while the other half(myself included) didn't feel like breaking down how UConn destroyed a pitiful excuse of a D1 basketball team. There's a lot more constructive conversation that can take place when people are willing too discuss the problems we have, but people are only willing to do that when angry(after a loss). It was really fun watching us finally destroy a team we should handily defeat. There's nothing wrong with critiquing the team/coaches/players after a loss, and there aren't many things to talk about after a blowout of a terrible team.

Reaction Score
Actually, why don't you familiarize yourself with my posts before you make accusations. I tend to be more positive and have always defended KO. Sorry your feelings got hurt no one had much to say after last nights win.
Wow, you still do not get the point made by the OP and others in this thread.

Reaction Score
Lot of strong comments here. We trotted up to the game and watched a decent team overpower a weak team. Happy to see the Huskies win a game they were supposed to win. Now if they can win their remaining regular-season games, including one game that they probably shouldn't win, we'll be happy to see them in the NCAA tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom