Board silence | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Board silence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Oh and just for the sake of irony, the only thing you posted about the game, other than whining about "bad fans" was some joke about Rodney purvis being tired of missing layups, so he missed a dunk. It seems as if the game pretty much shut you up too.

Reaction Score
Wow I know how much I can be a dope and admit it. Whatever, comes with the territory. But there's people on this that clearly see nothing to be happy about, think USF blows, and think they always blow out crappy teams.

Well one at a time:

If you didn't see anything in this game, regardless of who they were playing, that would make you happy about what could be, you're a miserable duckk. Granted, there were still some things they can get better at but at times they looked really good and capable of playing the 2nd weekend. Can they do this for 35-40 minutes, we'll see but I'm happy with some things.

USF won 4 of 6 and one loss was to SMU in OT, a game they had in hand and blew. The bigs were averaging 12 offensive rebounds a game and were clearly playing better until last night. Yeah, they're not great but you had to do a couple things to make them crappy like rebound and stop the freshman guard, or at least make him work hard for every point. The did both, others weren't as successful most recently but hey, it must be because UConn is mediocre and USF sucks.

This is a game all UConn teams tend to have trouble with so the reality is it's a good win. They played hard for most of the game especially on D. They ran a lot and beat them down court even the bigs great to see. Made some shots and the guards played very well together on O minus some awful brain fart passes.

Is it the game which makes you say WOW hell no. But how can you walk out of this one with your first thought "USF blows"? Amazing:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Congrats OP you're the worlds greatest fan and we're all beneath you. Half the people on this board probably couldn't watch the game, while the other half(myself included) didn't feel like breaking down how UConn destroyed a pitiful excuse of a D1 basketball team. There's a lot more constructive conversation that can take place when people are willing too discuss the problems we have, but people are only willing to do that when angry(after a loss). It was really fun watching us finally destroy a team we should handily defeat. There's nothing wrong with critiquing the team/coaches/players after a loss, and there aren't many things to talk about after a blowout of a terrible team.
This post is comical, as in its comically off base and dumb.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
@mauconnfan I know people are about to call me out as a hater for what I posted. Fortunately I don't care what any of you think of me. That being said, there definitely are people who go way overboard after a loss, but saying those people are bad fans just because they don't post much after wins is weird to me.

Reaction Score
@mauconnfan I know people are about to call me out as a hater for what I posted. Fortunately I don't care what any of you think of me. That being said, there definitely are people who go way overboard after a loss, but saying those people are bad fans just because they don't post much after wins is weird to me.

I didn't even read yours so it's not pointing at you I swear. I will go read it now, but know most of this rant is towards the newbies I know little about.

EDIT: after reading I get that there are still things we can criticize from this game, no doubt about that. But if it's all about the other team sucks then I can't read it. I prefer to say I saw a lot of good and this wasn't UNH or Sacred Heart so the blowout should not be expected especially knowing our inconsistencies. The fact we did hammer them tells you there was some good. That's just me, I'm good with your opinion.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
@mauconnfan I appreciate the conversation, it's nice to be able to talk without useless name calling and sarcastic responses are a waste of all our time. What you said was why I didn't post after the game, because i understand no one wants to here that. But when someone starts going off on "bad fans" I can't help but wonder what exactly I should have posted? The fact it was a great game for us goes without saying imo. Threads like this ask for unneeded negativity

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
3 games left. Probably win 2 of 3 and are in. Are we the table runners of' '14 or the squad that got squashed by Iowa St in 2012?

Reaction Score
One of my favorite thing about winning is "fans" like you are nowhere to be found.

When we beat SMU this place was a graveyard.

This thread is a troll bait and I replied. So question anything you want and apply your own "metrics" to what a fan is and isn't. I don't care.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
This thread is a troll bait and I replied. So question anything you want and apply your own "metrics" to what a fan is and isn't. I don't care.

Everything must be measured in Hilton Units.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom