Blown up and embarrassed | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Blown up and embarrassed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nope. Some teams match up better with others. Syracuse's 2003 title team never held a lead on UConn. And they won the championship.

Our 1995 team was blown out twice by Villanova.

The list can go on and on. A team with strong ball-handling and a good interior player is going to be tough for us. Couple it with Louisville's defense (and the cred the refs give them), and it's a recipe for trouble. It's been that way for 4 years now.
We aren't that talented. We win because of SN,effort and hustle. We are what we are. To beat the better teams we need to play a great game. Florida is a bad matchup and we beat them. We have a fine line to win. I have faith in KO as he will get the talent level back up.

Reaction Score
Ollie's a second year coach. I think he's got a great future. But it isn't a surprise if he's outcoached by two HOF coaches at this stage in each of their careers.

This is what I was thinking. I can live with being out coached my those two. Gotta give sleezy P a bit of credit at least.

Reaction Score
Anyone blaming Ollie for his coaching this season has no clue about basketball. Have you looked at our roster? He got manhandled by Larry Brown and Pitino, true, but has done a very good job as a whole.

Reaction Score
This is what I was thinking. I can live with being out coached my those two. Gotta give sleezy P a bit of credit at least.
Right. And, I mean, you know who else got outcoached by Larry Brown? Phil mutha-duck¡ng Jackson. And he had Shaq and Kobe.

Reaction Score
Anyone blaming Ollie for his coaching this season has no clue about basketball. Have you looked at our roster? He got manhandled by Larry Brown and Pitino, true, but has done a very good job as a whole.
Exactly, this roster isn't up to uconn's normal standards of past years. We just have a great player who can single handily win games for us. We are even less talented than 2011 team. At least they had a consistent second scorer in JL and a big guy presence in AO. Also, having SN and RS as key contributors.

Reaction Score
The truth is that the jury is still out on Ollie. The only way a coach is judged is on his NCAA record. Ollie doesn't have one.

If we lose in the first round, that is a terrible job. If we make a run, there will be hope for the future.

But make no mistake, not a single thing before his NCAA record matters. If he was 60-0 at this point and got knocked out in round one. Then that's all that matters.

Reaction Score
The truth is that the jury is still out on Ollie. The only way a coach is judged is on his NCAA record. Ollie doesn't have one.

If we lose in the first round, that is a terrible job. If we make a run, there will be hope for the future.

But make no mistake, not a single thing before his NCAA record matters. If he was 60-0 at this point and got knocked out in round one. Then that's all that matters.

This. I don't know why this is so controversial. The jury is still out. You are judged in college hoops how you do in March. At UConn or anywhere. Ollie is very unproven so far.

Reaction Score
Exactly, this roster isn't up to uconn's normal standards of past years. We just have a great player who can single handily win games for us. We are even less talented than 2011 team. At least they had a consistent second scorer in JL and a big guy presence in AO.

Besides Olander, who is irrelevant, our big men were all relatively unheralded and all underclassmen. Brimah has shown he was under ranked but in an ideal world none of these guys would be getting big minutes until they were upperclassmen. Both of our guards are sub 6 feet. We are playing skinny small forwards at the 4 spot. This team can beat a lot of teams but they are too small and weak to compete with some squads, Louisville obviously included.

Reaction Score
Read what I wrote. You all seem to be able to do that reasonably well. I said We never win when were a dog. We were a favorite in the Florida and cincy games. Go do some research.

Reaction Score
Never thought I would wish for jake voskuhl. Lol. This team is really not strong inside and that is the Achilles heel of this team. AB needs more time to develop and to and pn are backup centers at best.

Reaction Score
2 years in a row they just quit against Louisville.

I don't think they quit. They were outcoached, outplayed, outmuscled, outhustled, and showed no poise.

Reaction Score
Ollie's a second year coach. I think he's got a great future. But it isn't a surprise if he's outcoached by two HOF coaches at this stage in each of their careers.

I don't disagree. But, I hope they figure it out so we can make adjustments come tourney time.

Reaction Score
At some point you have to win the games that you aren't supposed to win to be great. Just hasn't happened this year. And the committee will penalize us because of it. I see an 8 seed In our future

Reaction Score
Read what I wrote. You all seem to be able to do that reasonably well. I said We never win when were a dog. We were a favorite in the Florida and cincy games. Go do some research.

People didn't realize how good Florida was yet. Do you actually think if everyone knew that UF was top 3 in the country (the line obviously would have been different) Ollie would have coached differently and lost the game?

Edit. The line at Memphis was UM -6.

Reaction Score

Jury still out? We are much more successful than I thought possible, and the reason is KO. What have you done for me lately... great attitude, great fan support.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Yeah, but that doesn't get decided after year 1 either. JC has gotten bounced in round 1. Made the NIT a number of times too.

Ollie gets some time.

Reaction Score
Of all the guys to blast, DD was the least deserving in this game.

No huh….he was by far the only one that had success on either end and worked pretty damn hard……..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom