Blown up and embarrassed | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Blown up and embarrassed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow, a whole lot of stupid in this thread. We got blasted by a team that is a terrible match-up for us, on their home court, on senior day. Burn the tape, toughen up, reinforce the basics and come back and make a run in the tourneys.

Reaction Score
We need big physical bug men!!! Also, RB sucks and is not a point guard. I do hope he leaves but hope dd sticks around. I love uconn basketball but this is the first year in a long time we just don't much talent. KO is doing the best with limited talent.

Reaction Score
As I reiterate. Ollie is not a big game coach. All the big games we've had this year we've lost. SMU twice. @ Cincy. Louisville twice. Anytime were a dog we lose. Never fails.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Husky999 said:
As I reiterate. Ollie is not a big game coach. All the big games we've had this year we've lost. SMU twice. @ Cincy. Louisville twice. Anytime were a dog we lose. Never fails.

Why are you even a fan?

Reaction Score
I look at facts man. We get blown out every time were a dog. Pretty troubling trend.

Reaction Score
You don't drop 3 seed lines in one game. That's just really really stupid. Not the dumbest thing you've said, but...
ha while losing to #11 on their own floor. the logic in here!

Reaction Score

Wait, at SMU has now become a "big" game? That was our WTF loss when it happened. At Memphis wasn't a big game? Cinci and Florida at home? We lost... badly. Move on and stop embarrassing yourself.

Reaction Score
Wow, a whole lot of stupid in this thread. We got blasted by a team that is a terrible match-up for us, on their home court, on senior day. Burn the tape, toughen up, reinforce the basics and come back and make a run in the tourneys.
Terrible match up is code name for more talented. I don't care about the way the other team plays good talented teams find ways to stay competitive. Calhoun teams did. So any team with big guys that plays physical defense is a bad matchup for us? Wow looks like we aren't going far this year. KO got out coached and our guys were just not playing smart today and got out played. Recipe for disaster when we live off one player. Stop SN and you stop uconn. Kind of sad!

Reaction Score
And. No. Now we play Memphis at Memphis. Probably a loss there. So yea. 7-8 seed is just about right Einstein.

Reaction Score
There is no "wagon" when you get beat by 30. Sorry
You def must have been OFF the bandwagon at the end of the 2011 reg season. I know you will claim that you "really believed".

Let the season play out son. No need to be a diva or a b*tch.

Reaction Score
Terrible match up is code name for more talented.
Nope. Some teams match up better with others. Syracuse's 2003 title team never held a lead on UConn. And they won the championship.

Our 1995 team was blown out twice by Villanova.

The list can go on and on. A team with strong ball-handling and a good interior player is going to be tough for us. Couple it with Louisville's defense (and the cred the refs give them), and it's a recipe for trouble. It's been that way for 4 years now.

Reaction Score
KO is a great coach and will continue to improve, but he was out-coached by Pitino and Brown this year. Pitino pushed his zone well beyond the 3-point line and had a perpetual full-court press that disrupted our game. Brown put together the right mix of defense (including height) to keep Shabazz off his game. Apparently we couldn't come up with schemes to counter them. I'm sure other teams are taking notice. Additionally, our shooting game was terrible today and the ref's allowed for a one-sided physical game. Louisville is a challenging matchup for UConn, but that's where coaching comes in. We've played teams tough all year. It sucks that we drop a bad loss while being showcased on national TV. I'll mourn for a couple of days, but then I'll be back.

Reaction Score
No ones embarrassing themselves. Look at who the favorite was in the game jackass.
Dude calm down! Uconn got outplayed by a more talented team. Ollie is going to do better once he gets more talent. We can still make the sweet 16. Just not big enough to go much further.

Reaction Score
I have said all year if Olander was needed for serious minutes, we would be in trouble. Otherwise, we fall in the 20-25 range. Obviously not peaking

Reaction Score
Louisville is pretty much the team UConn wants to be. They have the star guard in Russ (Napier), the solid #2 in Jones (Boat), scorers in Hancock and Blackshear (Daniels, Giffey, Kromah) plus a beast on the glass in Harrell (.....moving on....).

We always say this team would be amazing if we had a physical,consistent inside rebounder and scorer....

Our teams are very similar, but they just have our number.

Reaction Score
KO is a great coach and will continue to improve, but he was out-coached by Pitino and Brown this year. Pitino pushed his zone well beyond the 3-point line and had a perpetual full-court press that disrupted our game. Brown put together the right mix of defense (including height) to keep Shabazz off his game. Apparently we couldn't come up with schemes to counter them. I'm sure other teams are taking notice. Additionally, our shooting game was terrible today and the ref's allowed for a one-sided physical game. Louisville is a challenging matchup for UConn, but that's where coaching comes in. We've played teams tough all year. It sucks that we drop a bad loss while being showcased on national TV. I'll mourn for a couple of days, but then I'll be back.
Ollie's a second year coach. I think he's got a great future. But it isn't a surprise if he's outcoached by two HOF coaches at this stage in each of their careers.

Reaction Score
Dude calm down! Uconn got outplayed by a more talented team. Ollie is going to do better once he gets more talent. We can still make the sweet 16. Just not big enough to go much further.
I'm not jumping off the Ollie bandwagon, but "outplayed" and "losing by 30" are two completely different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom