Blogger Raul Points Out UConn Playing Starters Up 40 Points | The Boneyard

Blogger Raul Points Out UConn Playing Starters Up 40 Points

Reaction Score
Apparently Raul and others think UConn is unfairly overwhelming AAC opponents
  1. Raoul ‏@Raoul_000 13h13 hours ago
    Raoul Retweeted Mike Byrd

Not just a Baylor thing, eh? Box score also shows 3 UConn starters played 30+ mins.; score was 72-30 at end of 3Q. http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400911769 …

Raoul added,

Mike Byrd @micchiato
    Thoughts on UConn blowout of East Carolina tonight and Huskies still attempting 3 pointers after a large halftime lead?
    2 replies1 retweet4 likes

Raoul‏@Raoul_000
Should note that UConn was already up by 37 by the middle of the 3rd quarter; despite that, one player totaled 35 minutes, another 34.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Sorry, kids: when you're only dressing 9, and when there are two frosh and a former walk-on senior (which means, you aren't grooming for next year) in your 4-person "bench", then, the starting 5 are gonna accumulate some floor time in the first 25 minutes+ of the game.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Should point out that UConn was up 22 at the half after the lead shrank to 12. Maybe shouldn't have played the starters in the second half. Our #1 guard off the bench was NA, and that left us with Butler, the two Frosh, and Tierney. So one starter was going to be in the game throughout the game. A bonehead comment for someone who isn't bothered by facts. Maybe we should play the last 5 the whole first half, go down by 30 and come back with the starters in the second half to win by 10. And the other team can only play it's starters.

Reaction Score
Raoul‏@Raoul_000
Should note that UConn was already up by 37 by the middle of the 3rd quarter; despite that, one player totaled 35 minutes, another 34.

Yes, Chong played 35 mins. But she was the only starter in the floor at this time.
Is this a bid deal? No I don't think so.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I don't know what's wrong with you guys. It's pretty obvious that UConn should only play their starters for a half, and then play with only 4 reserves on the floor for the entire 2nd half, like the movie Hoosiers. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Obviously judging by the comments, they didn't watch the game and only read the stats. If they did watched the games or any UCONN games this season, they would have known that Connecticut has a short bench due to injuries, etc.

It's the same thin we've heard for years now so I treat these comments like the previous ones - "in one ear and out the other". Oh well :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Who is this Raoul guy? I don't have a Twitter account, so I know nothing about him, though I've seen him mentioned here on the 'Yard. Does he have any sort of credentials that would make his opinion relevant? I don't mean this to sound bad towards the guy - I'm just curious about him, and who his followers are. Does he represent a particular media outlet, or is he just an average joe?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Also not sure who the Mike Byrd tweeting him is, but he seems shocked teams take threes after accumulating leads of 22.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Here is the thing about some of these "know it alls" they usually in fact know and or research very little. Most rarely watch a full game and have no idea what they are talking about. If he is in fact trying to compare a game Baylor chose to play vs a game UConn has to play no matter what then he truly is a moron. Minutes next to a players name doesn't tell the whole story for any team for any game. Either do the research and know what your talking about or stop talking. That's the world today though... everyone with a keyword is an "expert".

Reaction Score
Anyone too ignorant to understand UCONN's bench situation should be marginalized for being the simpleton they obviously are.

The Huskies could take the floor in the 4th quarter with only 4 players, including a former 'walk-on', two freshman and a junior center transfer, all three not impressively ranked coming out of high school (in other words, THEIR BENCH) and there would still be some nin-cum-poop somewhere, bemoaning the dominance of the Women of Storrs.

In conclusion, to Raoul and anyone else too stupid to comprehend reality..............................choke on it.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Who is this Raoul guy? I don't have a Twitter account, so I know nothing about him, though I've seen him mentioned here on the 'Yard. Does he have any sort of credentials that would make his opinion relevant? I don't mean this to sound bad towards the guy - I'm just curious about him, and who his followers are. Does he represent a particular media outlet, or is he just an average joe?

He's a Michigan fan. Don't think he has any particular "credentials" but he tweets links to a lot of recruiting news and Big Ten wbb news. If you've seen his name around her it's likely because of a recruiting story that he tweeted out.

Reaction Score
Hey, Raoul, learn to count. UConn did not win by 108 points, 140-32. UConn won by 47, a difference of 61 points, more than UEC scored the entire game. You obviously don't know anything about math or basketball!
I enjoy Raoul's passion for the game but I hope he isn't comparing Baylor's 106-point win with UConn's 48-point win.

108 points!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Let's make this easy - hit the delete buttons for their blogs. Both are totslly clueless. Let's not dumb down people.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Also not sure who the Mike Byrd tweeting him is, but he seems shocked teams take threes after accumulating leads of 22.

Well, now that I checked his twitter feed I notice he is proudly from Tennessee. Hmm, could it be that---------nahhhhh. :)

Reaction Score
Raoul has put a lot of interesting stuff on this board and i hope s/he continues to do so.I don't necessarily agree with everyone on this forum but i sure do like that they give me interesting info.on a daily basis.I would like to see the young-uns thrown into the fire a little more,but Geno has his master plan and his own reasoning,so i just watch and marvel at his success.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I would like to see the young-uns thrown into the fire a little more,but Geno has his master plan and his own reasoning,so i just watch and marvel at his success.

No offense to her, but having Kyla Irwin in the game early would disrupt what the team is trying to do. And I don't think he wanted Molly Bent out there early in that road environment in such a physical game, especially with all the trapping ECU was doing.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Sorry, kids: when you're only dressing 9, and when there are two frosh and a former walk-on senior (which means, you aren't grooming for next year) in your 4-person "bench", then, the starting 5 are gonna accumulate some floor time in the first 25 minutes+ of the game.
There have been injuries, too, meaning only 8 were available - Saniya out with the concussion and Crystal out with the stress reaction.

If someone is going to present himself as some sort of news source, he should take a look at the why's of things. Otherwise, he's just trolling click bait.

Reaction Score
BOO HOO, Wah Wah, Raoul didn't get a trophy. Stop it, you sound like a snow-flake.
Not to disparage any players but the Uconn bench is very limited from a numbers stand point this season. As for the three pointers, players have to play. What are the Huskies going to do, pass the ball around, take shot clock vi0lations, etc? That would be more humiliating to opposing teams than getting blow out.
Remember this is Division 1 NCAA basketball not AYSO!!!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
There have been injuries, too, meaning only 8 were available - Saniya out with the concussion and Crystal out with the stress reaction.

Wait a minute. That wasn't Saniya playing last night? ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom