Blockbuster NBA trade- Bazz | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Blockbuster NBA trade- Bazz

Reaction Score
Why do people call KD a diva?
prob started with the fake burner accounts to praise/defend himself on twitter. hysterically lame.

then forever cemented with the most pathetic example of cant beat-em-join-em title chasing in nba history. the warriors had the reigning 2x mvp, were coming off back to back finals winning one, and had just set the single season record for most wins. lamest move ever and his narcissism rendered him utterly tone deaf about the whole thing until he finally cracked after 3 years of relentless criticism.

nothing lebron ever did compared in the slightest. the heat, cavs, and lakers hadnt won anything recently until he got there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
prob started with the fake burner accounts to praise/defend himself on twitter. hysterically lame.

then forever cemented with the most pathetic example of cant beat-em-join-em title chasing in nba history. the warriors had the reigning 2x mvp, were coming off back to back finals winning one, and had just set the single season record for most wins. lamest move ever and his narcissism rendered him utterly tone deaf about the whole thing until he finally cracked after 3 years of relentless criticism.

nothing lebron ever did compared in the slightest. the heat, cavs, and lakers hadnt won anything until he got there.
Wade already won the Heat a championship before Lebron got there.

Durant is strange to me, he was extremely likable early in his career and then got this weird chip on his shoulder, he now comes across as a major touch hole and basically won't even talk to the media.

Reaction Score
yeah but that was like 5 years before lebron got there. wade and haslem were prob the only 2 guys left from the 06 team. durant went from my favorite player when he was on the sonics to most disliked in a few short years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
i hope they crash and burn but if the thunder could make it work with westbrook, harden, and durant then the nets can make this work. kyrie fits better from a basketball perspective with harden and durant than westbrook did. the fact that they are all crazy divas is another story.
I hope they have success and then burn come playoff time just to make it sweeter. However, the big 3 in OKC was WAY different than it is now. Harden came off the bench and wasn’t nearly the ball dominant high volume shooter/scorer that he is now. Westbrook actually shows up for his team unlike Kyrie, and KD was great but not nearly the level he is now. All of their egos have gotten bigger, play style has changed, and tbh we are living In a very different world than we were then. Emotions control way more now than they did then. It’s hard for me to compare the big three in OKC to the big three in the lesser NY market ?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Durant is strange to me, he was extremely likable early in his career and then got this weird chip on his shoulder, he now comes across as a major touch hole and basically won't even talk to the media.

After the way everyone threw completely unhinged hissy fits about him going to gs?

I’d tell everyone to F off too.

He took less money to win titles.

Also, now both of the other guys in the okc big 3 have wanted to get away from Russ...that also says something

Reaction Score
yeah but like 5 years before. he and haslem were prob the only 2 guys left from that team
I'm just commenting on what you said. He couldn't win in Cleveland so he joined up with his buddy who already won a championship in Miami in dominant fashion and was still a 1st team all NBA player and he recruited a 25 and 10 power forward to join them.

Reaction Score
I'm just commenting on what you said. He couldn't win in Cleveland so he joined up with his buddy who already won a championship in Miami in dominant fashion and was still a 1st team all NBA player and he recruited a 25 and 10 power forward to join them.
all true but the only thing that would have been comparable to durant joining the warriors would have been lebron joining the warriors instead

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t blame any professional athlete for being cold to the media anymore. It’s all cliche canned responses like Brady gives or the vultures just waiting for you to slip up.

Reaction Score
Durant is playing with house money. He has a few rings, he has a few 100 mil in the bank, and he has a portfolio of angel investments that silicon valley dreams of. When you have everything and not much to lose, sometimes a new challenge is most appealing. While it may be hard for us to question why he left the Warriors on the surface, the idea and challenge of coming east and winning in Brooklyn must have seem fun for a man who already has it all.
Not really. Durant is a top 10 all-time talent, but he won't ever be considered that until he leads a team to the title. It is the thing that keeps him out of conversations about Lebron, Jordan, Bird, etc. And his past actions and statements show being in that group means something to him.

He needs to take this team to the title. He has about three years to get it done.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
the dr j(28/11), mr k(16/12), big whopper(16/10), taylor(11/3), and super john williamson (15/3) aba champs would flatten this dr katz on-the-couch nets team. it's the last group to win the ring for them. twice.
and for those keeping score at home, that's new haven's super john.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Kyrie Irving is insinuating he’s upset that they hired Steve Nash, tying the hiring in with his loosely thought out social justice agenda. I guess because he’s white? Lol. Steve Nash may be the best skills development mind of our generation this had nothing to do with race.

the Q

Reaction Score
Kyrie Irving is insinuating he’s upset that they hired Steve Nash, tying the hiring in with his loosely thought out social justice agenda. I guess because he’s white? Lol. Steve Nash may be the best skills development mind of our generation this had nothing to do with race.

I thought Nash was an odd hire considering the teams win now timeline.

But not liking him due to his skin color, pretty sure there’s a word for that...

Reaction Score
the dr j(28/11), mr k(16/12), big whopper(16/10), taylor(11/3), and super john williamson (15/3) aba champs would flatten this dr katz on-the-couch nets team. it's the last group to win the ring for them. twice.
and for those keeping score at home, that's new haven's super john.

That was a fun team. Although, even adjusting for the increased athleticism over time. it's hard to imagine Billy Paultz even getting a tryout for the NBA today.

Reaction Score
I think part of pulling the trigger on Harden is Kyrie insurance. A. their record ain't that great so far anyway and B. Kyrie ~50% odds to be hurt or disgruntled come playoff time. I'm rooting for it to fail, but still kind of love Durant's game (whiny off the court aside) and respect the effort to put back together what Sam Presti inexplicably blew apart.
Losing Jarrett Allen really hurts, I think and hope the team should be entertaining and should steer into their weakness and try to win games 150-145

the Q

Reaction Score
I think part of pulling the trigger on Harden is Kyrie insurance. A. their record ain't that great so far anyway and B. Kyrie ~50% odds to be hurt or disgruntled come playoff time. I'm rooting for it to fail, but still kind of love Durant's game (whiny off the court aside) and respect the effort to put back together what Sam Presti inexplicably blew apart.
Losing Jarrett Allen really hurts, I think and hope the team should be entertaining and should steer into their weakness and try to win games 150-145

They turned a guy they couldn’t afford next year into an asset for this deal.

Nkt a bad deal. But they definitely need to use their roster spaces on a c and bazz

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Irving reportedly is upset by the Nets’ decision to hire Steve Nash as head coach because he was “not in favor” of it.
It's over for the Nets already. Kyrie didn't like the Celtics coach either.

Reaction Score
They turned a guy they couldn’t afford next year into an asset for this deal.

Nkt a bad deal. But they definitely need to use their roster spaces on a c and bazz
Well they are trying to win either THIS year or next, so not being able to afford Allen a year from now so that they can pay Harden $32 this year AND next year doesn't make sense to me. You can't just ignore one side of the court and expect to win.

And the reason they may not have been able to afford Allen is they overpaid DJordan just to appease their first 2 superstars. DJordan is obv the one they should not have signed or traded if the rationale was what they can afford next year - of course that's unpossible bc no GM (other than Kyrie & Durant) really wants DJordan.

Ironically OKC traded Harden while under contract for a season b/c they wanted to save $5M on his contract that started the subsequent season. Almost undoubtedly that cost them an NBA title. Jarret Allen isn't that, but they need to scour the scrap heat for defense.

Reaction Score
It's over for the Nets already. Kyrie didn't like the Celtics coach either.

Feel for Nash his first year with these 2 must suck. Kyrie has a headache or doesn't like that earth is round he sits. The other diva doesn't like his team in another city so get me out. These aren't good guys, I actually feel for Durant too as he's not the greatest guy but he wants to play for his money.

Had to lose a kid like Allen who seemed to play his heart out and was getting better, as well as Lavert. Rather have those kids on the roster.

Reaction Score
I thought Nash was an odd hire considering the teams win now timeline.

But not liking him due to his skin color, pretty sure there’s a word for that...
Kyrie Irving is the Kayne West of the NBA. A true head case.

the Q

Reaction Score
Well they are trying to win either THIS year or next, so not being able to afford Allen a year from now so that they can pay Harden $32 this year AND next year doesn't make sense to me. You can't just ignore one side of the court and expect to win.

And the reason they may not have been able to afford Allen is they overpaid DJordan just to appease their first 2 superstars. DJordan is obv the one they should not have signed or traded if the rationale was what they can afford next year - of course that's unpossible bc no GM (other than Kyrie & Durant) really wants DJordan.

Ironically OKC traded Harden while under contract for a season b/c they wanted to save $5M on his contract that started the subsequent season. Almost undoubtedly that cost them an NBA title. Jarret Allen isn't that, but they need to scour the scrap heat for defense.

I don’t disagree in theory. But they turned him into the pick they needed because Houston also didn’t want Allen.

Plus they dumped a toxic contract to do it.

They can use their mle during the buyout market and can even get guys like bazz and dedmon now to fill out the roster

Reaction Score
Regarding Durant's move to Brooklyn:

Durant gets a new toy and a new ploy. On to another challenge. What's to lose? They had some dominant games earlier in the season.

Why not?

Will the Knicks ever woo a decent free agent?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Feel for Nash his first year with these 2 must suck. Kyrie has a headache or doesn't like that earth is round he sits. The other diva doesn't like his team in another city so get me out. These aren't good guys, I actually feel for Durant too as he's not the greatest guy but he wants to play for his money.

Had to lose a kid like Allen who seemed to play his heart out and was getting better, as well as Lavert. Rather have those kids on the roster.
Nash is in a no win situation. They’re going to say “but look at all this talent you had”, when he reality he has a bunch of star head cases and NBA journeymen. Harden is not in shape and is about as engaged and motivated as Irving is. I think they finish somewhere around where they’re at right now, .500.

NBA has a major leadership problem that they have to address. The league has more talent now than ever but there’s no structure. This is evident in more than just the play. For example, there are widespread covid violations going on on just about every team. The crew members are running the ship and guys who are supposed to be the captains are MIA or too afraid to speak up. When things aren’t going right for their stars their stars just give up, demand trades, stop showing up to practices even games. The product is terrible as well, there’s a lack of competitiveness to the games this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom