Blockbuster NBA trade- Bazz | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Blockbuster NBA trade- Bazz

Reaction Score
prob started with the fake burner accounts to praise/defend himself on twitter. hysterically lame.

then forever cemented with the most pathetic example of cant beat-em-join-em title chasing in nba history. the warriors had the reigning 2x mvp, were coming off back to back finals winning one, and had just set the single season record for most wins. lamest move ever and his narcissism rendered him utterly tone deaf about the whole thing until he finally cracked after 3 years of relentless criticism.

nothing lebron ever did compared in the slightest. the heat, cavs, and lakers hadnt won anything recently until he got there.
Stop hating on greatness

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Wow, just saw a pic of James Harden. He put on COVID 25 to my 15. I feel better!! As for Kyrie Irving I wouls not have wasted my money

Reaction Score
Harden's game (getting to the FT line, shooting 3s, finding corner 3 shooters), doesn't really rely on being fast or quick necessarily, so the weight isn't the end of the world.

As long as he can use leverage on his first step, he'll be okay. He doesn't play defense anyways, so put him at the 4.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Harden's game (getting to the FT line, shooting 3s, finding corner 3 shooters), doesn't really rely on being fast or quick necessarily, so the weight isn't the end of the world.

As long as he can use leverage on his first step, he'll be okay. He doesn't play defense anyways, so put him at the 4.

Say what you want about the other stuff and I am greatly concerned with his playoff history but Harden is a brilliant player. Looking forward to Irving being "Alfred"

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
prob started with the fake burner accounts to praise/defend himself on twitter. hysterically lame.

then forever cemented with the most pathetic example of cant beat-em-join-em title chasing in nba history. the warriors had the reigning 2x mvp, were coming off back to back finals winning one, and had just set the single season record for most wins. lamest move ever and his narcissism rendered him utterly tone deaf about the whole thing until he finally cracked after 3 years of relentless criticism.

nothing lebron ever did compared in the slightest. the heat, cavs, and lakers hadnt won anything recently until he got there.
Probably in the deep minority but I really do not think KD went to Golden State to make his path to championships easier. I think he was tired of playing with an undisciplined player like Westbrook who continually took ill advised (3pt) shots. I think he wanted to play with a team that had ball movement, shared the ball, had high basketball IQ and he could refine his craft.

Now going to Brooklyn, I thought this was a horrible step back because Irving in his own way is even more undisciplined but I think Harden may work out and keep Irving in check

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Regarding Durant's move to Brooklyn:

Durant gets a new toy and a new ploy. On to another challenge. What's to lose? They had some dominant games earlier in the season.

Why not?

Will the Knicks ever woo a decent free agent?
Was going to say the only thing I truly hate about KD is he picked the Nets over the Knicks although I can't blame him. Until Dolan decides to step aside, I can't imagine any superstar wanting to play there.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Probably in the deep minority but I really do not think KD went to Golden State to make his path to championships easier. I think he was tired of playing with an undisciplined player like Westbrook who continually took ill advised (3pt) shots. I think he wanted to play with a team that had ball movement, shared the ball, had high basketball IQ and he could refine his craft.

Now going to Brooklyn, I thought this was a horrible step back because Irving in his own way is even more undisciplined but I think Harden may work out and keep Irving in check

I can buy that he wasn’t going back to okc short of winning a title that year. Especially due to Russ, who has now been seen as the problem by the other two thunder stars in two different cities (kd in okc, harden in Houston).

But he definitely went to gs to win titles.

Reaction Score
Nets have KD, Harden, Kyrie and Joe harris for this year and next with Dimwiddie coming back next year and player options for all of the big 3 the third year. They will be favorites in the east for the foreseeable future. Great move

Reaction Score
Harden is done being elite. You don't gain 30 lbs in your 30's and return to an MVP level.
I don’t see how you can say this with any amount of certainty. Also comparing yourself and your journey with weight to that of a world class athlete is probably not a fair comparison

Reaction Score
Probably in the deep minority but I really do not think KD went to Golden State to make his path to championships easier. I think he was tired of playing with an undisciplined player like Westbrook who continually took ill advised (3pt) shots.
then he could have gone to the nuggets or spurs or celtics etc. there were plenty of good teams that shared the ball besides the warriors

Reaction Score
then he could have gone to the nuggets or spurs or celtics etc. there were plenty of good teams that shared the ball besides the warriors
I think you have to think back to when he was making this decision, what were the nuggets in 2016? Also have to consider the fact that curry courted him to come play there.
I agree he should have been able to foresee how the move would look better than he did, because apparently he was surprised by all the backlash

Reaction Score
I think you have to think back to when he was making this decision, what were the nuggets in 2016?
i did without expending too much energy because saying the warriors was his only choice is dumb. the nuggets had joker. the celtics had horford and IT. the spurs were the spurs.

the Q

Reaction Score
I think you have to think back to when he was making this decision, what were the nuggets in 2016? Also have to consider the fact that curry courted him to come play there.
I agree he should have been able to foresee how the move would look better than he did, because apparently he was surprised by all the backlash

They literally just drafted Murray.

They were not close to being on the map

I believe the spurs were capped out by Gay and Aldridge

the Q

Reaction Score
i did without expending too much energy because saying the warriors was his only choice is dumb. the nuggets had joker. the celtics had horford and IT. the spurs were the spurs.

I believe The Celtics signed horford that same offseason

And it had his down ballot mvp breakout after that signing.

Joker wasn’t a thing yet.

I don’t think The spurs didn’t have the cap room after signing LMA the prior offseason

I do think that without the multiple multiple things that came together to land in gs that Durant would’ve left, and I think Boston would’ve actually landed him in that case. I think once they lost in the wcf he was gone. That’s JMo though

Reaction Score
I believe The Celtics signed horford that same offseason

And it had his down ballot mvp breakout after that signing.

Joker wasn’t a thing yet.

I don’t think The spurs didn’t have the cap room after signing LMA the prior offseason

I do think that without the multiple multiple things that came together to land in gs that Durant would’ve left, and I think Boston would’ve actually landed him in that case. I think once they lost in the wcf he was gone. That’s JMo though
dont care. there were 30 other teams besides the thunder and warriors. you can go through each one if you want. all roads did not lead to GS unless you make them.

the Q

Reaction Score
dont care. there were 30 other teams besides the thunder and warriors. you can go through each one if you want. all roads did not lead to GS unless you make them.

You realize there’s this thing called the salary cap and cap space right?

Reaction Score
He was courted by the warriors and curry specifically, we all know he could have went somewhere else but let’s be honest there was probably only a handful of teams that he could have went to

Reaction Score
You realize there’s this thing called the salary cap and cap space right?
and do you realize i didn't say he could have gone to any of the 30 other teams? i said there are 30 other teams and i dont care to dissect their rosters from 5 years ago (or listen to you try) in order to remember where else he could have signed. master reading comprehension before attempting snippy insults.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom