Blaudschun: UConn Switching BC Home Game to Fenway? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Blaudschun: UConn Switching BC Home Game to Fenway?

Reaction Score
EXcept that's just hearsay on your part... YOu think this won't affect ST sales? It will.

So you belive that the deal -- which you have no financial details of -- won't benefit us economically but our AD decided to move the game just to see how many ticket holders it could piss off by moving the game 100 miles?

Assuming that other people's decisions are crazy when you know that you don't know the details behind the decision is a really silly way to go through life.

Reaction Score
To anyone who didn't make the drive to Chestnut Hill this season, please make every effort to make it up to Fenway.

You missed out on a great trip in spite of the score and the strange decision to go for it on 4th and 17.

If MSG is Storrs South, then make Fenway Storrs East. There were 6-7 thousand UConn Fans at BC. That was a strong statement to certain acade mic sports membership concerns. If we follow it up with 15k at Fenway then we can begin to lay claim as New England's team.

BCU is playing with fire on this one. Make em burn.
15K at this game if it's a UConn home game would be an unmitigated disaster.

Reaction Score
So you belive that the deal -- which you have no financial details of -- won't benefit us economically but our AD decided to move the game just to see how many ticket holders it could piss off by moving the game 100 miles?

Assuming that other people's decisions are crazy when you know that you don't know the details behind the decision is a really silly way to go through life.

You're assuming it's a financial boon to the AD, with absolutely no evidence and know none of these details you're speaking about guy. Again we made a home game for us a home game for our opponent and we just went and removed the best game from our home schedule. You're right, let me go get excited!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
EXcept that's just hearsay on your part... YOu think this won't affect ST sales? It will.
I think it's funny that you used the word, "hearsay" in a conversation with a lawyer and then proceeded to use it incorrectly.

My guess is you mean "speculation."

Be that as it may, my view is if Diaco were still around, season ticket sales were expected to be in the dumper anyway. Edsall gives ST sales a modest boost, especially if the casual fan, tugging on the strings of nostalgia only remembers the good times, buys a package or two. If this is still considered a home game (which it should), UConn would have some control over the visitor's ticket allotment just as they would at Rentschler, which is around 3.5k. I can't imagine there being anyway UConn gives up a 7th gate without some consideration thrown their way besides just money.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Look at it this way: We needed to fund the Diaco buyout somehow, and this is a perfect way to 1) add instant revenue via the guaranteed revenue and 2) cut operating costs from having the game day at the Rent.

Most years I would be pissed. But if we're able to beat BC, why not do it right in Boston?

If it is indeed a one time move to pay Diaco off - I am in. Given the stadium sizes it's hard to understand how they make more money ?
Higher priced tickets?

Reaction Score
You're assuming it's a financial boon to the AD, with absolutely no evidence and know none of these details you're speaking about guy. Again we made a home game for us a home game for our opponent and we just went and removed the best game from our home schedule. You're right, let me go get excited!

Your logic is sorely lacking. There is one fact I have that supports my argument that you do not have to support yours -- the FACT that apparently the folks in our Athletic Department who know all the details think it must be worth doing.

Reaction Score

In fairness, his name is Benedict. Queue up conspiracy Kitty. He's a BC plant, as is evidenced by his firing of BD on Xmas, hiring the Auburn OC and now this...

Reaction Score
If it is indeed a one time move to pay Diaco off - I am in. Given the stadium sizes it's hard to understand how they make more money ?
Higher priced tickets?

Of course it will be higher priced tickets. Like whenever we play a basketball game in Boston, Brooklyn or MSG.

Reaction Score
Higher priced tickets?

Frankly, I understand the $$ situation, and understand why we'd sell a home game. I am holding out hope, DB also did it to garner more games out of BCU. We need a lot of things, including a natural (versus make believe) rival.

Reaction Score
Your logic is sorely lacking. There is one fact I have that supports my argument that you do not have to support yours -- the FACT that apparently the folks in our Athletic Department who know all the details think it must be worth doing.

Again, you're the one speculating that this has to do with monetary decisions when you have no idea.

Reaction Score
Again, you're the one speculating that this has to do with monetary decisions when you have no idea.

Dude, you are embarassing yourself. The article that this thread was about said it was done because of the economic offer that was made to us.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have an idea. CAll Benedict, ask how much it would cost him to keep the game at the REnt and then offer to pay it.

Or, if not, realize like almost everyone else here does that we are competing against schools with much higher budgets than ours and at times we will all be inconvenienced to chase the money.
BL do you know that Fenway is going to bring more money to us are you just assuming it?

Reaction Score
BL do you know that Fenway is going to bring more money to us are you just assuming it?

Blauds reported that we were made a financial offer that we thought we had to take. So since this whole damn thread is about what Blauds is reporting, ....

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Dude, you are embarassing yourself. The article that this thread was about said it was done because of the economic offer that was made to us.

BL you have more patience than most. This is what happens when someone only reads the headline and not the actual article.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
BL you have more patience than most. This is what happens when someone only reads the headline and not the actual article.
Oh boy, I sense a Deflate-____-esque debate coming on? DID YOU READ THE WELLS REPORT!?!?!?!

Reaction Score
For the longest time, I thought that Burton was the donor which allowed Athletic Director Dave, from now on known as ADD, to get rid of BD. But lately, reports were circulating that big donors were not responsible for th$3.4M needed. ADD had to replenish the coffer somehow. This and others venues are needed to finance the FB program. One has to be crazy to even question this.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
i'm confused. ND get's a home game at Fenway and Boston College is the away team.
Everyone laughs and wonders how low BC has fallen.

Did ND give up by far their best home game that season by moving it? Did they reduce themselves to 5 home games?

No and no.

Also, BL, maybe you do your job solely for the financial benefit, but some of us choose careers based on what we love and believe in.

Reaction Score
i'm confused. ND get's a home game at Fenway and Boston College is the away team.
Everyone laughs and wonders how low BC has fallen.

Uconn now has a home game in Boston, BC is still the away team, and people are up in arms.

what am i missing?

The fact BC is better than us and we are playing a home game in their city. We are the home team, we should be playing at the rent. Period.
This is not a BCU home game

It's not a BC home game but it is. Whether you want to admit it or not. We are also the inferior program. Makes me sick

Reaction Score
Did ND give up by far their best home game that season by moving it? Did they reduce themselves to 5 home games?

No and no.

Also, BL, maybe you do your job solely for the financial benefit, but some of us choose careers based on what we love and believe in.

Look, my son is in your career. I know a lot about what you put up with. And we both know I was being overly dramatic by implying that work is only about money. That having been said, when you say that college sports decisions are made because of money -- well, duh.

Reaction Score
Did ND give up by far their best home game that season by moving it? Did they reduce themselves to 5 home games?.

If Blaud is on point regarding the BC game... UConn will still have 6 games @ the Rent next year. Holy Cross, Missouri, East Carolina, Memphis, USF, Tulsa.

*Unless I'm missing your point on the 5 home game comment*

Reaction Score
If Blaud is on point regarding the BC game... UConn will still have 6 games @ the Rent next year. Holy Cross, Missouri, East Carolina, Memphis, USF, Tulsa

A BC home game at the rent draws more than all of those games. Sure you can argue Missouri would, but they aren't very good

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Any value to recruiting? Can the coaches sell Boston to recruits?

I understand the complaints. Six really horrible years after getting to the Fiesta Bowl has to leave the passionate fan deflated. Getting to Fenway is an inconvenience and I don't want to ignore that inconvenience, but if people want to make it a home game the last thing the passionate fan needs to do is raise holy heck about this particularly after the AD has demonstrated he is trying to get the program on an even keel if not better.

It stinks to have tremendous news followed immediately by a perceived negative. If people want to feel insulted, that the AD did this deliberately to them, I feel this is too much of an egocentric position. It hurts but he didn't do this to you. He's weighing a lot of things and came to the conclusion that the positives outweigh the negatives. He could be wrong with the conclusion but after the news of the OC hire I strongly doubt we have an inept AD.

Reaction Score
And you are speculating that it has something to do with other vague and non-specified decisions when you have no idea. Additionally, you're then drawing negative conclusions and making judgments of the department, football program, Benedict, etc. based on that speculation.

Why don't we all wait and see what the terms are when the move is announced publicly and someone inevitably FOIAs the contract. Hell, maybe Ken Krayeske has already submitted the FOIA request.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom