Blaudschun: UConn Switching BC Home Game to Fenway? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Blaudschun: UConn Switching BC Home Game to Fenway?

Reaction Score
Don't like it. We're failing in FFC and a lot of fans went to BC for a disaster last year. So we give up a home game to play in a baseball stadium North of the Rent. Better not hear any more complaints about SW CT not supporting the FB team when you take this approach. Our upstate people live in a bubble.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I could be looking at this all wrong but why would playing a game in Boston where our fans should have access to a good number of seats (hopefully ~60% or so) be a bad idea?

I absolutely believe (been saying it for more than a decade and told Benedict personally more than once) that we should play one football and one men's hoops game in either NYC or Boston every year, planting a flag in each city, claiming everything between the two is our home turf.

Reaction Score
Mark Blaudschun‏@blauds
College Football returns next season to Fenway Park with BC at UCONN http://Tmgcollegesports.com Yes, BC AT UConn

You have to be f.cking kidding me. Such f.cking bs. Just when UConn football starts making smart moves they f.ck this up. We are a joke and always will be if we do crap like this. Unreal. Not buying season tickets now.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Will probably hurt our season ticket numbers as well. It was one of the few attractive home games on the schedule. Now there is even less incentive to buy season tickets vs buying them on the secondary market or game-by-game.

Reaction Score
You're demanding an official answer to a move that hasn't even been announced yet? Maybe being a litle self-entitled?

I don't think it's entitlement that UConn has already taken money from many of us based on a home schedule which is now quite possibly less attractive. I'm not saying I disagree with the move, but to imply that as season ticket holders, we have no right to care about the product many of us, including myself, have already spent money on, is a bit disingenuous.

BC is one of the few marquee matchups and it's now quite possibly gone.

Reaction Score
Another reason BC fans can say they own us in football. May not be true but this just proves their point. So dumb. We are going to go play a home game in their back yard. Laughable. This isn't notre dame...

Reaction Score
Dumbest decision since the civil conflict. Worse than the civil conflict

Reaction Score
Do we have university concurrence on this? Or is this just some random guy on the internet with BC ties?

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Maybe we can be the barn-burner traveling MLB stadium team. Move the Missouri home game to Busch Stadium in St Louis?:rolleyes:

I have no problem playing a game at Fenway against BC--but is should not be one of hour "home" games. Either play BC at Fenway for multiple game (with no actual home games). Or make it a contract with 1 BC home game, 1 UConn home game, and 1 Fenway game (or some multiple of that arrangement).Head bang

Reaction Score
I don't think it's entitlement that UConn has already taken money from many of us based on a home schedule which is now quite possibly less attractive. I'm not saying I disagree with the move, but to imply that as season ticket holders, we have no right to care about the product many of us, including myself, have already spent money on, is a bit disingenuous.

BC is one of the few marquee matchups and it's now quite possibly gone.

I'm not saying it's "entitlement" to want a refund on your tickets for that game if you ordered before the schedule change. That's perfectly fair. It think it's self-important entitlement to be demanding answers to your questions before it's even been officially confirmed that the move has been made. The game is 10 months off. How about waiting to see what the school says first?

Reaction Score
Don't love it but as others say if it is the price for getting rid of Diaco I'm willing to go along

Reaction Score
Three posts on this having generated not one immediate like. A more self-reflective person might stop posting and ask themselves why almost no one is agreeing with them.

Because you're all settling for being a laughing stock I guess

Reaction Score
I live in Wilton, but I am good with this. Shows we own NY and Boston. I'd prefer Yankee Stadium though. I can easily get to Fenway from my sister in laws apartment though.

Do we own Boston though? Think about it

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Will probably hurt our season ticket numbers as well. It was one of the few attractive home games on the schedule. Now there is even less incentive to buy season tickets vs buying them on the secondary market or game-by-game.
I will probably never understand this mentality. I go to games to watch the team in home blues, not the away whites. I really don't care who they play. The name of the game is winning and in case people have been living under a rock for the last 5 out of the last 6 years, UConn has not been the most competitive program vs. even the most mediocre of opponents.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom