Blauds: UConn/Cincy Leaning Towards C7 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Blauds: UConn/Cincy Leaning Towards C7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Yeah, but is that possibility scariest for Waylon, Upstater, or whaler himself?
One thing all this CR has done is created a scenario where all three are in agreement. Never thought it could happen.

Reaction Score
If you are for this the outcome it is the immediate death of the football program and a 15 year slide into oblivion for basketball.

Why? I'm not a college football expert but I just don't see that the MWC is that much worse that the NBE.

Reaction Score
If you are for this the outcome it is the immediate death of the football program and a 15 year slide into oblivion for basketball.
Not at all. By keeping basketball relevant, staying with the C7 temporarily, we therefore give FB a chance to continue to develop. NIU FB did it in the MAC. I believe UCONN can compete at the same MAC level and thrive. None of the elite conferences are ever going to take us for a FB school. Our invitation will come due to academic and overall athletic performance ... not to mention FAN support. Also, this new conference is sub par and you all know it. Uconn is certainly going to slide there as well. I believe at least the C7 gives us a chance.

Reaction Score
The MAC will set our football program back a LOT more than joining SMU, UCF, USF and Houston in an all-sports conference. I can't believe what I read on this board. Who the heck does the "C7" have anyway? Georgetown?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not at all. By keeping basketball relevant, staying with the C7 temporarily, we therefore give FB a chance to continue to develop. NIU FB did it in the MAC. I believe UCONN can compete at the same MAC level and thrive. None of the elite conferences are ever going to take us for a FB school. Our invitation will come due to academic and overall athletic performance ... not to mention FAN support. Also, this new conference is sub par and you all know it. Uconn is certainly going to slide there as well. I believe at least the C7 gives us a chance.

NIU did what? They had one season where the computers put them in a spot to go to the Orange Bowl to get destroyed by an overrated team going through the motions. They aren't going anywhere.

No offense but you are so far off the reservation it's not worth discussing further. You think academics is going to get UConn in a conference with no football program?

Reaction Score
There is actually a MWC scenario. Cincy has for quite awhile been talked about joining the MWC for all sports. I was surprised only to hear UCONN be mentioned.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There is actually a MWC scenario. Cincy has for quite awhile been talked about joining the MWC for all sports. I was surprised only to hear UCONN be mentioned.

There is not an MWC football scenario where they let UConn stash their basketball program elsewhere.

Reaction Score

MAC football is substandard football.
The C7 teams will not be a part of the association that will replace the NCAA.
UConn has competed well against Pitt, Cuse, Louisville and Rutgers. It more than held its own--in fact, it has a winning record combined against these schools.

Reaction Score
The MAC will set our football program back a LOT more than joining SMU, UCF, USF and Houston in an all-sports conference. I can't believe what I read on this board. Who the heck does the "C7" have anyway? Georgetown?
As someone has already mentioned, they have the NYC connection. Cincy, Nova, Gtown, Marq., SJU and Uconn is still a better combo than the alternative. Need the Garden. The new schools will likely not travel to NYC. Much less interest.

Reaction Score
There is not an MWC football scenario where they let UConn stash their basketball program elsewhere.
Uconn was mentioned and it could only be possible for FB only. That's all I am saying. Don't know if if was true or not.

Reaction Score
As someone has already mentioned, they have the NYC connection. Cincy, Nova, Gtown, Marq., SJU and Uconn is still a better combo than the alternative. Need the Garden. The new schools will likely not travel to NYC. Much less interest.
Who cares? We need to progress, not digress. Ever hear of the Memphis Tigers' basketball program? The Temple Owls' basketball program? We can schedule the C7 OOC.

Reaction Score
duck the catholics. They are dead to me. I don't ever want to see Providence or St. John's or Georgetown ever again. There are plenty of other top basketball programs to play.

Reaction Score
MAC football is substandard football.
The C7 teams will not be a part of the association that will replace the NCAA.
UConn has competed well against Pitt, Cuse, Louisville and Rutgers. It more than held its own--in fact, it has a winning record combined against these schools.
I'm not impressed. Obviously the BIG and ACC are not buying that resume.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm not impressed. Obviously the BIG and ACC are not buying that resume.

Right. So just admit you don't mind sacrificing football for basketball. You can't seem to understand it isn't possible but some basketball fans can't wrap their heads around it.

Reaction Score
Who cares? We need to progress, not digress. Ever hear of the Memphis Tigers' basketball program? The Temple Owls' basketball program? We can schedule the C7 OOC.
Yea, there were always a good program especially with JC. I'm just not feeling great about them or Temple. Perhaps 15 years from now but hopefully that won't happen.

Reaction Score
Right. So just admit you don't mind sacrificing football for basketball. You can't seem to understand it isn't possible but some basketball fans can't wrap their heads around it.
Nope, never sacrifice. Just win where ever you are works for me ... for FB. Winning equals fans equals bigger stadium equals interest from bigger conferences ... perhaps. Location does matter for BB however.

Reaction Score
Nope, never sacrifice. Just win where ever you are works for me ... for FB. Winning equals fans equals bigger stadium equals interest from bigger conferences ... perhaps. Location does matter for BB however.

This just isn't true. The winningest programs in the weak conferences draw no fans. The weakest conferences have a bunch of teams in constant threat of being tossed out of D1.

Reaction Score
And how do you make it stronger?

You try to keep it as strong as possible for as long as you can until you make it to a stronger conference. And if that doesn't happen, you accept your fate, drop the program down a division, and do the same for basketball as well, because in the future, if you're not playing BCS-conference football, you're not playing BCS conference basketball either (i.e. you're not going to compete in a tourney against the likes of Duke, etc.)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Check out the attendance for Northern Illinois this year and let me know if those numbers work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom