Blake Harris | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Blake Harris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
His point is that this happens all the time. A very common experience. It's happened to UConn many times over the years.

To top it off, he's going to the school that hired a HC that he already commited to once. And the former #1 recruit.

So neither of you understood my point - yet you can say with certainty what mauconnfan's point was! That's odd

Reaction Score
So neither of you understood my point - yet you can say with certainty what mauconnfan's point was! That's odd

You know what's odd? #1 you saying "duh" to me after what I and intlz just said. And #2 what makes you sure he was going to visit anyone else at all never mind UConn? Why is it so odd he left Mizzou without coming to Storrs, this what recruits do time and time again, nothing new. To me this was just your way of saying "see KO can't even get a visit we suck" and nothing else. Nicely done.

pj

Reaction Score
There's a reason why coaches like to get the first official visit when it's already senior year. First visit is especially crucial in April of graduation year. They will press him at the end of the visit ("the scholly might not be here for you if you wait") and if he likes the place, a commitment is very likely.

Reaction Score
You know what's odd? #1 you saying "duh" to me after what I and intlz just said. And #2 what makes you sure he was going to visit anyone else at all never mind UConn? Why is it so odd he left Mizzou without coming to Storrs, this what recruits do time and time again, nothing new. To me this was just your way of saying "see KO can't even get a visit we suck" and nothing else. Nicely done.

Reaction Score
No that's you just being a fool, putting thoughts and words in someone else's mouth. It was all over the net he was supposed to visit UConn on April 18th. My initial comment meant whatever is happening with the program or the perception out there with recruits about the program is not good right now to the point where a recruit who was supposed to visit us doesn't even give us a look before making his decision. Any other inference is seriously foolish - grow up. Really

Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to this board becoming quiet next year. A graveyard.

It will mean nothing but Charlie Sheen.

Reaction Score
My views on this thread...

200.gif

Reaction Score
No that's you just being a fool, putting thoughts and words in someone else's mouth. It was all over the net he was supposed to visit UConn on April 18th. My initial comment meant whatever is happening with the program or the perception out there with recruits about the program is not good right now to the point where a recruit who was supposed to visit us doesn't even give us a look before making his decision. Any other inference is seriously foolish - grow up. Really[/QUOTE

Pretty sure you confirmed what I was saying and you don't even know it Coach. I said these things happen all the time to programs without our current issues so this is not a big deal.

But some day I will grow up and be like you "duh".:rolleyes: Can't make this stuff up:

My initial comment meant whatever is happening with the program or the perception out there with recruits about the program is not good right now to the point where a recruit who was supposed to visit us doesn't even give us a look before making his decision.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
No that's you just being a fool, putting thoughts and words in someone else's mouth. It was all over the net he was supposed to visit UConn on April 18th. My initial comment meant whatever is happening with the program or the perception out there with recruits about the program is not good right now to the point where a recruit who was supposed to visit us doesn't even give us a look before making his decision. Any other inference is seriously foolish - grow up. Really

Harris signing with Missouri simply strikes me as a case of, "I've liked what I've seen here so much that I need look no further." It's viable and not at all unhealthy to make decisions that way, and it doesn't need to even get into whether another once-considered possibility isn't any good.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

And we were merely pointing out that your initial point was not at all justified by Blake Harris not attending a scheduled UCONN visit. Here was his schedule:

MSU April 13-14, Uconn April 18-19 Rutgers 21-22.

He didn't visit MSU or Rutgers either. So by your logic, MSU "is not good right now to the point where a recruit who was supposed to visit [them] doesn't even give [them] a look before making his decision".

Which just isn't true. He wanted to sign with his old coach. And likely Porter Jr. Occam's Razor. That's the story here. Not UCONN perception.

Reaction Score
And we were merely pointing out that your initial point was not at all justified by Blake Harris not attending a scheduled UConn visit. Here was his schedule:

MSU April 13-14, UConn April 18-19 Rutgers 21-22.

He didn't visit MSU or Rutgers either. So by your logic, MSU "is not good right now to the point where a recruit who was supposed to visit [them] doesn't even give [them] a look before making his decision".

Which just isn't true. He wanted to sign with his old coach. And likely Porter Jr. Occam's Razor. That's the story here. Not UConn perception.

Duh?

:cool:

Reaction Score
Duh?

:cool:

Here was my initial comment:
He committed before he even took his visit here - what does that say?

Other people were able to make comments regarding this without being sarcastic punks, I replied to both of your demeaning wise ass comments with an equal level of sarcasm and all of a sudden you both get all indignant and righteous. Like I said previously grow up.

Reaction Score

Other people were able to make comments regarding this without being sarcastic punks, I replied to both of your demeaning wise ass comments with an equal level of sarcasm and all of a sudden you both get all indignant and righteous. Like I said previously grow up.
We've had our share of recruits who didn't visit another school after visiting us. It's not an indictment on UConn or Ollie that Blake chose Mizzu.

Reaction Score
My only hope in this case is that Coach Chillious doesn't change his cell number because a year from now it will be ringing and Blake will be on the other line. We have seen this before and it rarely ends as expected.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

For the record, neither of my posts was righteous nor indignant. Merely explicatory.

Reaction Score

Hey Coach J I'm not the guy that said "Duh" or "grow up" in any of my posts I merely asked what was so hard to understand how a kid would commit before he visited us 2 weeks later. Really this one is simple and you look dumb but just let it go and all will be fine.

Reaction Score
Harris signing with Missouri simply strikes me as a case of, "I've liked what I've seen here so much that I need look no further." It's viable and not at all unhealthy to make decisions that way, and it doesn't need to even get into whether another once-considered possibility isn't any good.

But then how do I maximize every single experience of my life?

Seriously, though, this is an area I wish I could improve in my life. It's definitely healthy to have a balance of non-min-maxing while also thinking through things enough to not have regrets.

Hopefully for the kid you're right, hopefully for UConn in 2 years you're wrong.

Reaction Score
Hey Coach J I'm not the guy that said "Duh" or "grow up" in any of my posts I merely asked what was so hard to understand how a kid would commit before he visited us 2 weeks later. Really this one is simple and you look dumb but just let it go and all will be fine.

It tells me he never took a visit here so he liked what he saw at Mizzou.

This would only happen to UConn this has never happened before in the history of recruiting right? What a question.:rolleyes:

mauconnfan, Yesterday at 6:30 AM

Just to remind you of your initial reply. Sooooooo the "What a question", comment with a whack looking emoji isn't at all condescending, sarcastic, or both???????????????????????????
Maybe I'm not the one who looks dumb.

Reaction Score

This would only happen to UConn this has never happened before in the history of recruiting right? What a question.:rolleyes:

Just to remind you of your initial reply. Sooooooo the "What a question", comment with a whack looking emoji isn't at all condescending, sarcastic, or both???????????????????????????
I dont think it was a dumb question. I just think it showed that you have a lack of understanding of how recruiting works

Reaction Score
I dont think it was a dumb question. I just think it showed that you have a lack of understanding of how recruiting works

No I understand, believe me as someone who was recruited by multiple schools in 2 different sports. I think now - maybe nobody understood my comment or are just way to eager to criticize on this board - I get we all come here looking to maybe find some insight on who we may be able to sign in the coming weeks, and with nothing happening everyone gets an itchy finger, but this is ridiculous now. At this point it's a waste of time and energy (mine included) to even come to this thread anymore. Bottom line he's not coming here, it's over - I'm out.

Reaction Score
No I understand, believe me as someone who was recruited by multiple schools in 2 different sports. I think now - maybe nobody understood my comment or are just way to eager to criticize on this board - I get we all come here looking to maybe find some insight on who we may be able to sign in the coming weeks, and with nothing happening everyone gets an itchy finger, but this is ridiculous now. At this point it's a waste of time and energy (mine included) to even come to this thread anymore. Bottom line he's not coming here, it's over - I'm out.
No your question lacked understanding. Every knows exactly what you were getting at. It was just preposterous

Reaction Score

Maybe not. Don't care I just know your initial post was to once again question whether KO and the program have the ability to get guys like this. Normally I wouldn't even reply but when it comes from a situation which they could not impact then it's just not worth asking. My point is, like Ant is saying, you were sticking the knife in further. We don't need that around here.

Truce if you wish, I was sarcastic I admit. If no truce then we both move on. Just be aware you want to kick them while they're down, sarcasm can come in play again.

Reaction Score
Maybe not. Don't care I just know your initial post was to once again question whether KO and the program have the ability to get guys like this. Normally I wouldn't even reply but when it comes from a situation which they could not impact then it's just not worth asking. My point is, like Ant is saying, you were sticking the knife in further. We don't need that around here.

Truce if you wish, I was sarcastic I admit. If no truce then we both move on. Just be aware you want to kick them while they're down, sarcasm can come in play again.

Dude, you are making a huge leap assuming I was kicking them when they are down and whether KO or the program have the ability to get guys like this. I wasn't intending to stick the knife in further - it was just a matter of fact comment that everyone apparently decided they could read my mind and inference all kinds of things from. I've been a fan since the days of Earl Kelley before half this board was probably alive, and when UConn was the laughing stock of the Big East - never wavered, never will. Not sure how pointing out that a recruit we supposedly had an "in" with (if you believe what is said on this board) didn't give us a second thought - insinuates anything you guys are claiming it does?

Reaction Score
Dude, you are making a huge leap assuming I was kicking them when they are down and whether KO or the program have the ability to get guys like this. I wasn't intending to stick the knife in further - it was just a matter of fact comment that everyone apparently decided they could read my mind and inference all kinds of things from. I've been a fan since the days of Earl Kelley before half this board was probably alive, and when UConn was the laughing stock of the Big East - never wavered, never will. Not sure how pointing out that a recruit we supposedly had an "in" with (if you believe what is said on this board) didn't give us a second thought - insinuates anything you guys are claiming it does?
But this is where your lack of understanding shows. Him committing while at mizzou doesnt mean he didnt give us a second thought. Recruits do this all the time. They intend to take their other visits but are swayed to commit in their current one. You drew a pessimistic conclusion from a commom occurrence

Reaction Score

Fair enough if that's your stance. I've been a fan since Bobby Boyd and Bob Staak but it makes little difference as to what direction your post was going. I'm fine if you were thinking something other than the extra hammer on KO. All good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom