Black Crowes to tour this summer | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Black Crowes to tour this summer

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Ok, I'll hijack the thread. Out of many that I really like my favorite Wilco song is Impossible Germany.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
All things considered, I'm half surprised they didn't double the price and offer a payment plan.

Clicked on the link and the photo is of the Robinson brothers. My recollection is that The Black Crowes are a five piece band.

Reaction Score
All things considered, I'm half surprised they didn't double the price and offer a payment plan.

Clicked on the link and the photo is of the Robinson brothers. My recollection is that The Black Crowes are a five piece band.
They still are, just not the original members. The only holdovers are the Robinson boys.

Husky25

Reaction Score
They still are, just not the original members. The only holdovers are the Robinson boys.
That's not exactly true. The Steve Gorman (percussion) was a 1/3 partner. He's version of the story is Chris Robinson forced him out and took a fair amount of control from Rich. The band broke up in 2015.

Reaction Score
That's not exactly true. The Steve Gorman (percussion) was a 1/3 partner. He's version of the story is Chris Robinson forced him out and took a fair amount of control from Rich. The band broke up in 2015.
I just mean the current tour, compare to the original. Only the Robinson boys remain

Husky25

Reaction Score
I just mean the current tour, compare to the original. Only the Robinson boys remain
Exactly.

There does not appear to be any new material by this lineup and only the Robinsons are featured in promotions. 60% of the band (including a part owner) has turned over in the last 4 1/2 years, let alone from their classic era, and the current incarnation is basically a cover band of their former selves, IMO.

I might see myself paying $20 to get in the pavilion. Then again, I might also spend that on a cheap bottle as if I were a college senior, turn off the lights, and find an old lighter and my copy of Southern Harmony... by the pool.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Steve Gorman was at Infinity Norfolk last Thursday and they were giving away tickets. And it was at Infinity I got my Chris Robinson fix not so long ago. I'm good.
In the never say never department: The four of us have been going to Saratoga every summer for years, always coming in on a Friday as the other couple can never get the time from work, yada, yada... We locked in a weekend a few months ago on spec knowing we'd all have our shots. So we were talking yesterday and I mentioned in passing that the Black Crows were at SPAC that Thursday. "We're in!" instantly bellowed the brother in law. So I guess I wasn't good. Maybe it's the COVID talking but I'm really looking forward to it myself.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And here's a new thing (to me). They are now charging an extra $20. for the first two seats on the aisle. i.e: Seats 1,2 $119. Seats 3,4 $99.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom