Billions | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Billions

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Not necessarily. He was willing to sacrifice his dad and friend...and be ecstatic about it. He's unhinged right now. It's gonna be interesting to see if he's willing to string up his wife as well.

Hes not.

Thats why theyve been playing up the reconciliation bit the last 2 weeks.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That ship sailed when Rhodes unleashed Super Dork on Axe.

I need to re-watch the episode tonight. I have a problem with two parts: 1) Axe trusting the Spartan Ives CEO, and 2) what were they doing at the bottling facility? I had to respond to an email and I was only half watching at that point.

I too, am uncertain about that. Was the chemical the result of a two part reaction? Seemed to imply that in the slides. So the manager puts in the first undetectable part into the juice being bottled, and then the individuals put the rest into each bottle they purchase. Though, that begs the question as to why the pukers couldn't just do it all themselves.

I don't have a problem w Axe and CEO, because, as Rhodes said, his need for revenge made him sloppy. Single minded killer instinct has it's downsides as well.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Hes not.

Thats why theyve been playing up the reconciliation bit the last 2 weeks.

We'll see. They could be playing up the reconciliation for Chuck then be tempted to turn full heel and cut off the head. I would love to see it. If the show truly had balls, it would happen. Or, Chuck could use it as some sort of fcuked up leverage to 'get her back'.

August_West

Reaction Score
Not necessarily. He was willing to sacrifice his dad and friend...and be ecstatic about it. He's unhinged right now. It's gonna be interesting to see if he's willing to string up his wife as well.

He can't string her up AND win a governor race.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
He can't string her up AND win a governor race.

Rhodes doesn't have a choice in this anymore. He unleashed Super Dork, who is not a fan of Rhodes after getting the rug yanked on his investigation of Rhodes in the beginning of the season. I suspect that guy will like having Rhodes' wife twisting in the wind.

Lost in the plot twists is Taylor's moral descent. There is no moral difference between Taylor and Dollar Bill at this point, as evidenced by his paying Taylor a bag of cash, and Taylor telling Connerty to stuff it for the second or third time. The show did a good job of walking Taylor to this point slowly so that Taylor could rationalize every step to get here.

Reaction Score
Or elder Rhodes' Sandicott collusion is unearthed by Axe and it slaps Chuck in the face.

So I am guessing most of us saw this coming. Even if it was predictable it was really fun to watch.

I didn't see it coming. But what do I know about lawyers and hedge funds.

Reaction Score

But didn't he blow up his entire trust fund to do it? Sounds like a particularly draconian plot (or did I miss something).

intlzncster

Reaction Score
But didn't he blow up his entire trust fund to do it? Sounds like a particularly draconian plot (or did I miss something).

No, you got it right. But when he made all the plans, he thought his dad was only taking a portion of the trust fund out. It was only after the fact that he found out his dad had doubled down without consulting him.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Anyone else notice "Dollar" Bill pull a "Frank Underwood" with the double-knock on desk in front of Taylor?

Reaction Score
Anyone else notice "Dollar" Bill pull a "Frank Underwood" with the double-knock on desk in front of Taylor?

No but the actor who plays Dollar Bill also plays the minister on The Americans.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Kind of. Now if Rhodes wanted to be particularly nefarious and flirt with some serious legal trouble. he would tell a few of Axe's hedge fund "friends" that Axe had a huge short position on Ice Juice right around the time Axe's office is raided. Axe's trading desk would be locked down just as news broke that the poisoning was a scam and Ice Juice was filing a multi-billion claim against Axe Capital. There would be an epic short squeeze as the sharks ripped Axe to shreds.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Great call. Couldn't place it either.

Reaction Score
I really enjoyed the finale and can't wait for the next season. Taylor might be my favorite character...except for dollar bill.

Reaction Score
I really enjoyed the finale and can't wait for the next season. Taylor might be my favorite character...except for dollar bill.

I wasn't sure about Taylor at first - but they really made it work. Having Dollar Bill show respect at the end was a bit of a surprise. Thought he was going to pout.

August_West

Reaction Score
Ive loved the show but was scared of a formulaic season close with Chuck not able to bury Axe because of Wendy. Or there there being all kinds of "close but no cigar" issues on Chuck/Wendy reconciliation because of Ice Juice. I was pleasantly surprised at the twists. Surprised Chuck and Wendy ended up together. Surprised Axe went down. I like how Axes wife is turning into a real demon. (she should be because her character sucks anyway, might as well) and I LOVED the scene of Axe and Chuck together at the end.

Chuck taunting Axe with a snarky "Worth it" a couple times was .... well ....... worth it.

Great show. Really found its stride this season.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Ive loved the show but was scared of a formulaic season close with Chuck not able to bury Axe because of Wendy. Or there there being all kinds of "close but no cigar" issues on Chuck/Wendy reconciliation because of Ice Juice. I was pleasantly surprised at the twists. Surprised Chuck and Wendy ended up together. Surprised Axe went down. I like how Axes wife is turning into a real demon. (she should be because her character sucks anyway, might as well) and I LOVED the scene of Axe and Chuck together at the end.

Chuck taunting Axe with a snarky "Worth it" a couple times was .... well .. worth it.

I didn't get the payoff I was looking for when Chuck finds out Wendy crushed an Ice Juice trade. Guess I'll have to wait.

Reaction Score
I didn't get the payoff I was looking for when Chuck finds out Wendy crushed an Ice Juice trade. Guess I'll have to wait.

Well, this is where Chuck's written agreement with the Nerd Boy isn't so ironclad. I bet that it doesn't cover his wife and when she is implicated he will go after her.

Reaction Score

Chuck taunting Axe with a snarky "Worth it" a couple times was .... well .. worth it.

It's funny I really don't like Axe's wife, just something about her and playing the character she is that I hate. Not sure if I hate it because she's really good or because I just don't like her in that role? I guess ultimately that's a good thing right - although I'm clueless on so many things make it's not the show itself? :eek:

Reaction Score
Season 3 jump-start to thread.
1. Mau is right, happy to see Axe separated, the actress is bad not good at making the character unlikable. She is on there for T&A so any plot that doesn't have her doing that is a waste.
2. Zoo on the money about Chuck's wife so they immediately got to it!
3. Sad to see my hometown of Westport cut from the plot, but they belong in Manhattan. Cooincidentally same thing happened I think in season 3 as well to my wife's hometown of Ossining in Madmen.
4. Episode #1 of season 3 was dynamite. Show is what it is now. Over the top but not too far to be camp dramatization of big swinging ducks talking and walking the walk.
5. I loved the Taylor stock pick and Chuck's Egg Cream conversation with his burnt Ice Juice buddy.
6. The AG!! Bad Boys is not a movie series with Martin Lawrence, its this
Bad Boys.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom