Billions | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Billions

Reaction Score
What did people think of the season finale?
SPOILER ALERT
I thought it was enjoyable and both Chuck's & Axe's final moves were great - well played and consistent with who these guys are. Axe turning on and screwing over his love interest but with a big $ parting gift was perfectly in character. Flogging the obviously over-matched Connerty was fun and Chuck's italian in the face of the AG was the highlight of the episode.
The Taylor outcome undermined both a little bit though - it was just too much clear next season priority vs what might actually happen in any possible real world. They really never should have had Taylor jump ship so quickly. Kind of stuck now too in that Taylor is supposed to be the smartest, but Axe an unbeatable combo of cunning, smarts and resources.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Dropped all premium networks a few weeks ago and lowed our "entertainment" bill by about $70. Will probably pick it (and HBO) up in the Winter when the weather is more likely to cause shut-in conditions. I'll have more time inside to binge-watch. Hulu offers one month free as well.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
What did people think of the season finale?
SPOILER ALERT
I thought it was enjoyable and both Chuck's & Axe's final moves were great - well played and consistent with who these guys are. Axe turning on and screwing over his love interest but with a big $ parting gift was perfectly in character. Flogging the obviously over-matched Connerty was fun and Chuck's italian in the face of the AG was the highlight of the episode.
The Taylor outcome undermined both a little bit though - it was just too much clear next season priority vs what might actually happen in any possible real world. They really never should have had Taylor jump ship so quickly. Kind of stuck now too in that Taylor is supposed to be the smartest, but Axe an unbeatable combo of cunning, smarts and resources.

I liked the season a lot, with the caveat that Taylor would have never been caught in the vice that she ended up in. First, she was way overweight a single investment, which would violate just about anyone's fund agreement. Secondly, I have never seen a deal where debt can be transferred between companies (like from Saler's to Kling), and I don't understand why the recipient company would ever agree to that. Since the debt transfer is unrealistic, the whole squeeze of Taylor is a little far-fetched.

A more reasonable scenario would have been "mutually assured destruction" where two companies have to merge because if they don't they will both go under. That can happen in real life, and that would have been a more realistic way to get Axe and Taylor under one roof.

The legal sting was more credible and more interesting. Connerty was always in over his head, and it looked like he was walking into a buzzsaw for weeks, the only suspense was exactly how it would happen.

Reaction Score
BUMP - Latest season off to an entertaining start. Can't say the return to main Chuck v Axe plot interests me as much as the subplots (1. Chucks self-improvement, 2. divorce, 3. Taylor) action, music and references but that's ok.
The godfather reference in Sunday 5/10's episode was stupendous; "b/c Tattaglia is a pimp!"

Reaction Score
I'm all in on Billions. added bonus of 3 weekends of Last Dance followed by Billions overlap (west coast) -- can't beat it

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This season is off to a great start. Sunday's episode was really funny at times. Wags failed the Chris Rock test.

Reaction Score
Wags. You ready to become a wartime consiglieri once again?

Pop had Genco. You have me.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Finally getting to watch seasons 2-4. Starting S3 now. I don't have any premium channels and only S1 was on Prime till recently. Finding it an enjoyable ride. Wish I hadn't read upthread because Taylor was the best part of S2. Will be sorry to see them go.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Billions is really good in the current season too.
I was ready for Damian Lewis to go for a while. The show needed a refresh.

Reaction Score
Really? This show is more expired than Homeland was.
I agree. I feel this season is about them trying way too hard. While we watch each episode, my wife and I try to talk in metaphors. The dialogue is so forced, the hedge fund aspect is far fetched and the rest is just silly.

Reaction Score
I agree. I feel this season is about them trying way too hard. While we watch each episode, my wife and I try to talk in metaphors. The dialogue is so forced, the hedge fund aspect is far fetched and the rest is just silly.

Worse than Aaron Sorkin dialogue.

Reaction Score
The show is enjoyable but I should probably binge watch again.

Season 1. Wendy walks naked into the pool with Axe waiting for her. You knew it was a little over the top.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The show is enjoyable but I should probably binge watch again.

Season 1. Wendy walks naked into the pool with Axe waiting for her. You knew it was a little over the top.
I'm all for a woman's right to choose. Particularly if that involves Maggie Siff and various stages of undress for my entertainment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom