Bill Self | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bill Self

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
As a fan of both UConn and Kansas, it is frustrating that they lost again. But to put last night on Self, when KU pulled a UConn, is simply wrong. He can't shoot for them. Oregon was spectacular on defense and offense in the first half, making several miracle shots. KU looked like UConn, missing open threes all night long. Self got them to adjust and clamp down at half on D, but they still couldn't shoot.

Oregon interior D was insane last night.

Reaction Score
then they should be in the FF more than what, twice? the big 12 is the 5/6th best conference... doesnt say much about kansas... they also have off the court issues that get ignored every year
If you do not think winning 13 straight conference titles is impressive you are not very smart.

Reaction Score
Miller is awful, worse than Self and seems like a dhead.

It was pretty obvious the B12 was a total joke this year so maybe KU getting to an E8 was pretty good.
You really never disappoint

intlzncster

Reaction Score
then they should be in the FF more than what, twice? the big 12 is the 5/6th best conference... doesnt say much about kansas... they also have off the court issues that get ignored every year
If you do not think winning 13 straight conference titles is impressive you are not very smart.

If anything, the fact they've had 13 straight conference titles and put up the tournament records they have, shows just how difficult it is to win National Championships.

And this is precisely why guys like K and JC are so great.

C

Chief00

It's the NCAA tournament how dare we talk about the coach who continues to come up short with the most talented team in the tourney?:rolleyes:

Time is better spent kicking Coach Miller while he's down.

Using my eye test, Oregon looked much more athletic and talented.

Reaction Score

I'm just not sure how you get any more athletic than Mason, Graham, Josh Jackson, Vick and even Lucas for his size. But when Brooks and Dorsey are playing that good, it helps forget the loss of Boucher.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm just not sure how you get any more athletic than Mason, Graham, Josh Jackson, Vick and even Lucas for his size. But when Brooks and Dorsey are playing that good, it helps forget the loss of Boucher.

Not to overly agree with Chiefs hard-hitting, deep-level analysis, but did you see those Oregon guys inside? They were blocking everything. I had my mouth open a few times. Every time I turned back to the TV, it seemed like it was an Oregon defensive highlight.

Reaction Score
Not to overly agree with Chiefs hard-hitting, deep-level analysis, but did you see those Oregon guys inside? They were blocking everything. I had my mouth open a few times. Every time I turned back to the TV, it seemed like it was an Oregon defensive highlight.

Bell is a tremendous athlete no doubt as well as others I agree. They may be slightly more athletic (amazing without Boucher who also is a 6'10" athlete) than KU but the Jayhawks have some also, they just sucked last night.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Bell is a tremendous athlete no doubt as well as others I agree. They may be slightly more athletic (amazing without Boucher who also is a 6'10" athlete) than KU but the Jayhawks have some also, they just sucked last night.

Oh yeah, definitely. Wasn't knocking KU's guys' athleticism. Just commenting on Oregon's. Nobody looked great on KU's side of the ball.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

You need new eyes then. Very active on D around the hoop, sure. But they made 4-5 miracle shots, including two at the end of the half, while KU missed open look after open look outside. Add to that several weird random bounces where two KU guys knock a rebound away from each other to Oregon. It was just one of those games. Oregon played at about 98% of what is possible for them, and KU about 50% of what is possible, and still it was a 6 point game with 3 minutes left.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
You wouldn't if you were a #1 seed playing at home
Yeah I would and so would everyone on this board.. enjoy that ymca consolation trophy you polish every night while you admire your 8th place finish in your 8yr old dodgeball league

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Oh yeah, definitely. Wasn't knocking KU's guys' athleticism. Just commenting on Oregon's. Nobody looked great on KU's side of the ball.

Mason did. But Graham and Jackson, who were superb the game before, had lousy games.

Reaction Score
Recruits are only a means to an end. Eventually all the hype that surrounds great recruits rings hollow without results.
Get us a decent quality big man recruit.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
This goes back to Kansas losing to TCU in the Big12 tourney. They are a great collection of talent they aren't a great team.

Reaction Score
Let's be serious. Yes completely underachieving in the post season but there is no one here that wouldn't want to emulate their recruiting and regular season success

If you are saying that posters here would like to win more regular season games than anyone else, more championships than anyone else and have the highest rated recruiting classes -- gee, thank you for clarifying that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom